Sponsored by:

Home link help

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2019, 02:48 PM
USC9114S
Intermediate

Received 39 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by trichef1
I’ve been able to program home link to open my garage door but does anyone have any pointers on how to avoid going through multiple screens to get to it. I understand that if I configure the profile to include what I’ve designated as home in navigation it should pop-up on the screen when I get in close proximity to home but it doesn’t seem to be working.
Mine seems to work fine while using PCM, but buggy when using CarPlay. I’ve noticed that when CarPlay is active the GPS feature does not seem to work? I currently have Homelink programmed as one of the shortcut buttons for easy access.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:04 PM
henryeng
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Car Play seems to take precedence over other PCM functions. You have to manually close Car Play, then the PCM options should work. And I also notice that you have to manually close the backup camera screen before you can switch to the Homelink screen. I also have Homelink programmed to one of my 'customizable' buttons, but it only works if I close the backup camera screen first, then hit the button for Homelink.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:05 PM
henryeng
Advanced

Overall, CarPlay and PCM don't play well together!
Old 12-04-2019, 03:39 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by henryeng
Car Play seems to take precedence over other PCM functions. You have to manually close Car Play, then the PCM options should work. And I also notice that you have to manually close the backup camera screen before you can switch to the Homelink screen. I also have Homelink programmed to one of my 'customizable' buttons, but it only works if I close the backup camera screen first, then hit the button for Homelink.
Very nice! You can customize the favorite toggle to use as a garage door opener?

I may end up doing that now and using the other favorite for the auto start/stop function.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:43 PM
henryeng
Advanced

You can assign a 'custom button' to Homelink (home) screen, but I don't think it can be assigned to actually operate the garage door. (That would make too much sense!)

And, thanks to US Gov't regulations, you cannot assign a button to the Auto Start/Stop function. You can turn it off, but only by going thru a few screens. And it won't stay off (again, thanks to Gov't regulation)...you have to turn it off every time you start the car. But if you just use Sport mode, the Auto Start/Stop function is defeated. That's what I do.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:47 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by henryeng
You can assign a 'custom button' to Homelink (home) screen, but I don't think it can be assigned to actually operate the garage door. (That would make too much sense!)

And, thanks to US Gov't regulations, you cannot assign a button to the Auto Start/Stop function. You can turn it off, but only by going thru a few screens. And it won't stay off (again, thanks to Gov't regulation)...you have to turn it off every time you start the car. But if you just use Sport mode, the Auto Start/Stop function is defeated. That's what I do.
Damn! I guess it’s individual mode and sport mode for auto start stop.

😭
Old 12-04-2019, 03:49 PM
henryeng
Advanced

Yup! But at least it's easy to put it into Sport mode...just one click to the right and it's done.

Enjoy....!
Old 12-05-2019, 10:54 PM
Ms95207x
Instructor

Received 66 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by jkautz
Has anyone tried using the voice control button to open the garage door?
I ordered a Liftmaster 819LMB today to HomeKit enable my Liftmaster MyQ Wi-Fi capable garage door. My plan is to ask Siri to open/close my garage door.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:24 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 778 Likes on 566 Posts

For a 139-150k car this situation is laughable.....over engineering
Old 12-08-2019, 03:06 PM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,623 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by CaymanSinAR
I've been lucky enough to spend plenty of time behind the wheel of a 992. I really like it. But my wife has a 2020 Macan S with plenty of annoyances related to the PCM. Everyone keeps saying Porsche will fix it with software updates. I don't see it happening. And until then I don't want to be annoyed every single time I use the car.

Plus there is no 992 GT3 or Turbo S yet.

i just read read in the November Panorama that to adjust the vent position in the Taycan you need to navigate through the menus just like in the Panamera! I assumed that whoever designed that for the Panamera would have been long banned from Porsche and is now selling pencils on the street corner. I’m just stunned! I fear that you may be correct that Porsche will never fix the issues with the Homelink, comfort access, etc. because they evidently work as they intended.
Old 12-08-2019, 06:07 PM
Noah Fect
Rennlist Member

Received 1,302 Likes on 887 Posts

Nobody at Porsche eats their own dog food. The rank and file take a bus to work. Middle management takes the subway. The executives are chauffeured.

Don't look for this to change as long as they sell every car they can build.
Old 12-09-2019, 07:15 PM
rouxeny
Pro

Received 398 Likes on 196 Posts

Homelink has to be one of the worst parts of car ownership. Especially setting it up.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:12 PM
BernieR
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rouxeny
Homelink has to be one of the worst parts of car ownership. Especially setting it up.
Surprisingly, setting up my homelink was unbelievably easy..... I think it's because I have a Marantec opener. I think they're a German company.
I just pushed the Homelink setup button, it told me to point the transmitter at the PCM and push the button and that was it. Done!
Old 12-10-2019, 09:33 AM
Denny Swift
Rennlist Member

Received 1,623 Likes on 683 Posts

Originally Posted by BernieR
Surprisingly, setting up my homelink was unbelievably easy..... I think it's because I have a Marantec opener. I think they're a German company.
I just pushed the Homelink setup button, it told me to point the transmitter at the PCM and push the button and that was it. Done!
It's not the setup that is problematic. It's using it.
The following users liked this post:
JHesketh (12-10-2019)
Old 12-10-2019, 10:18 AM
BernieR
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny Swift
It's not the setup that is problematic. It's using it.
ahhhh! Well, since she's a garage queen and I work like a dog to feed her I haven't even driven her out of the garage yet :-)

Quick Reply: Home link help