Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

992 - headroom with sunroof vs no sunroof

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2019 | 12:56 AM
soguinness
Rennlist Member

Default 992 - headroom with sunroof vs no sunroof

Does anyone know if no sunroof improves headroom in 992s? Specifically the headroom above the rear seats. My SA recommended me to drop the sunroof since I am going to fit a car seat for our baby and was concerned about the headroom. However I can’t find any specs online regarding it.
Old 10-07-2019 | 02:30 AM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Interested in knowing the answer to this as well
Old 10-07-2019 | 01:56 PM
kayjh
Drifting

If you are planning on placing a baby seat (rear facing ) in the back of the car, it won't be a headroom problem, but rather a lack of knee room for your partner in the passenger front seat. Given that the sunroof doesn't slide into the roof lining but rather on top of the roof, I doubt there is much of a difference in headroom in the rear seat. It is reduced over the driver/passenger though.
Old 10-07-2019 | 02:39 PM
soguinness
Rennlist Member

I’ve just noticed the online configurator shows the difference in head room. As you pointed out the difference doesn’t seem to be much in rear, though there is still some. I guess the more headroom could be helpful specifically while getting the baby in and out of the seat, so I’m dropping the sunroof from my config.

Sunroof headroom

No sunroof headroom
Old 10-07-2019 | 02:41 PM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

The motors and mechanism do cut into the available headroom, aft of the glass, of the sunroof equipped cars. It's not dramatically reduced, but if you need every possible cm, it counts. Some baby seats are more compact than others. You could easily find a more compact seat that negates the difference in headroom.

Having three kids that are now mostly grown up, from experience, I can tell you that there is a BIG issue with a baby seat in the back seat of the 2dr coupe -- you're going wake a sleeping baby trying to get them out of the back seat. There's just too much tussling about to get it in/out of there. Not that I expect that to dissuade you, but just a heads up as you set expectations with your spouse. Lol

Quick Reply: 992 - headroom with sunroof vs no sunroof