Sponsored by:

Processing at Ports in USA

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2019, 04:54 PM
mathus7
Racer

Received 172 Likes on 104 Posts
Default Processing at Ports in USA

Now that EPA and CARB approvals are in place Porsche has hundreds of cars at ports to process and get to dealers. The question arises as to how this is handled. For example, are cars processed on a first in first out basis? Do some dealers get priority? How fast are they reducing the backlog of held cars? When did first 992s arrive at USA ports? Is transportation an issue?
Old 09-28-2019, 09:13 PM
That_Studmann
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whatever it is, I assure you it's bull****. I ordered my car in the first week of January and Beverly Hills Porsche is posting stories on instagram of their cars that are for sale arriving at the dealership. What's the rush to deliver a car that a customer has already committed to purchasing when you can get your floor models out a few days earlier?
The following users liked this post:
G650 (09-28-2019)
Old 09-28-2019, 09:50 PM
G650
Racer

Received 242 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by That_Studmann
Whatever it is, I assure you it's bull****. I ordered my car in the first week of January and Beverly Hills Porsche is posting stories on instagram of their cars that are for sale arriving at the dealership. What's the rush to deliver a car that a customer has already committed to purchasing when you can get your floor models out a few days earlier?
I ordered mine from the same dealer back in February (With a 5K deposit). I have no firm delivery date yet, I’m curious as to when they’re saying you can pick your car up?
Old 09-28-2019, 11:29 PM
mathus7
Racer

My order was placed on January 9 and has been hostage at port of Binacia since June 11. Still not released for transport.

Last edited by mathus7; 09-29-2019 at 12:55 AM.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:26 PM
Michael Smith
Rennlist Member

Received 134 Likes on 63 Posts

Originally Posted by G650
I ordered mine from the same dealer back in February (With a 5K deposit). I have no firm delivery date yet, I’m curious as to when they’re saying you can pick your car up?
That's not good business at all. I'd be speaking to the manager every day. Definitely B.S. they probably built a dealer car with your allocation or gave your spot to another customer. While ordering yours later.

Not cool.
Old 09-29-2019, 04:37 PM
Michigan 992
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 85 Posts

In fairness to the dealers I ordered my car early on and it was reported as shipped to the dealer but it never arrived! After many calls Porsche revised its timing. Now it reads as being ready for delivery earlier in September but won’t be released at the port until October 4. Porsche cannot or won’t explain why a car that reached port in April as a launch vehicle is still stuck there. My best guess is it is waiting for a replacement battery since it’s build date falls inside the Canadian recall population.

Maybe be they will ship it this week, but probably not. In my case I know for sure the dealer is getting treated as badly as me
Old 09-29-2019, 05:56 PM
mathus7
Racer

Those might be actually SOLD cars. Some dealers post this way to gather inquiries from potential new customers. They show in inventory until the actual delivery.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:07 PM
That_Studmann
AutoX

Eh, they're posting actual spec sheets with MSRP for them, they're floor models.
Old 09-29-2019, 06:22 PM
cr-997
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 44 Posts

Eh, they're posting actual spec sheets with MSRP for them, they're floor models.
Are they showing up for sale in inventory on their websites? If so, then I would agree and would be disappointed as well.
Old 09-30-2019, 11:35 AM
mathus7
Racer

They are cars in INVENTORY and could include both floor models and sold cars not picked up yet. The site does not say for sale.
My guess is that they are SOLD cars waiting for delivery. Some may be in transit and are so indicated. Some dealers also include in listing "CALL FOR AVAILABILITY".
Old 09-30-2019, 11:47 AM
That_Studmann
AutoX

Originally Posted by mathus7
They are cars in INVENTORY and could include both floor models and sold cars not picked up yet. The site does not say for sale.
My guess is that they are SOLD cars waiting for delivery. Some may be in transit and are so indicated. Some dealers also include in listing "CALL FOR AVAILABILITY".
This guy is a cop, right?
Old 09-30-2019, 05:29 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by cr-997
Are they showing up for sale in inventory on their websites? If so, then I would agree and would be disappointed as well.
https://www.facebook.com/porscheoflivermore/

The following users liked this post:
NigelPlays (09-30-2019)
Old 10-01-2019, 01:35 PM
mathus7
Racer

Any updated information on port holds on some cars. my build was in first week of April and has been at port of Benicia since June 11. Local dealer has received cars already with a later build date. They indicate a hold on my vehicle and another one with build date second week of April but no reason given.

Quick Reply: Processing at Ports in USA