Sponsored by:

Entry & drive & comfort access option

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2019, 11:11 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts
Default Entry & drive & comfort access option

Does anyone know what comfort access includes on the 992? This is what is describes it as on the build:

Access to the car without active use of the key including opening of front luggage compartment lid.

** What difference is that to the porsche entry & drive that allows keyless access? Why would anyone go for the $550 option for the 992 when it sounds redundant? **
Old 09-03-2019, 11:47 PM
Nottoworry
Advanced

Received 28 Likes on 18 Posts

My understanding is:
with comfort Access, you can leave the key in your pocket to unlock and lock the doors. Without it you have to push the button on your key fob to lock and unlock. All cars will allow you to start your car with key in pocket. You no longer have to place the 911 shaped key into dash and twist to start car in 992. So on the 992 “comfort Access” is the same as “entry and drive” on the 991. It’s just not as big of an upgrade over standard now.
Old 09-03-2019, 11:52 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Nottoworry
My understanding is:
with comfort Access, you can leave the key in your pocket to unlock and lock the doors. Without it you have to push the button on your key fob to lock and unlock. All cars will allow you to start your car with key in pocket. You no longer have to place the 911 shaped key into dash and twist to start car in 992. So on the 992 “comfort Access” is the same as “entry and drive” on the 991. It’s just not as big of an upgrade over standard now.
Thanks for the response. I was getting confused about it. I included it on my build when I submitted my deposit. However, I just looked at my build print out and it shows entry & drive as standard with the 992. Which allows keyless access and ignition startup without the use of the key, but then the comfort access option I have looks to state the exact same thing.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:34 AM
JRoach
Racer

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

excerpt from Road and Track:

There's not too much dramatically different here, though you'll probably notice the flush-mounted door handles. They present themselves when you press the unlock button on the keyfob, or if you order the Comfort Access option, as soon as you walk up to the car. They retract back into the bodywork once the door is closed, giving the car a sleeker look and reducing drag.

Not certain that answers the question but I'm glad you asked it as makes me wonder if I overlooked this in my build.
Old 09-04-2019, 01:20 AM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by JRoach
excerpt from Road and Track:

There's not too much dramatically different here, though you'll probably notice the flush-mounted door handles. They present themselves when you press the unlock button on the keyfob, or if you order the Comfort Access option, as soon as you walk up to the car. They retract back into the bodywork once the door is closed, giving the car a sleeker look and reducing drag.

Not certain that answers the question but I'm glad you asked it as makes me wonder if I overlooked this in my build.
Okay so with entry & drive you have to use the key to unlock the doors. But comfort access allows it to sense your presence and retract the doors when in proximity?

Not sure if I need that lol
The following users liked this post:
G650 (09-04-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 05:10 AM
moomin
Instructor

Received 183 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by jkautz
Okay so with entry & drive you have to use the key to unlock the doors. But comfort access allows it to sense your presence and retract the doors when in proximity?

Not sure if I need that lol
I thought the same thing when I got my BMW, but I spec'd it anyways because it was bundled within another package. I can't have a car without it now. The convenience of having keys stay in the pocket is really nice. It's like when one-touch electric windows became a thing. Having to hold the button to open or close the window isn't exactly hard, but it's nice not to have to do it.
Old 09-04-2019, 07:43 AM
JHesketh
Racer

Received 231 Likes on 108 Posts

Hmmm
Originally Posted by moomin
.....The convenience of having keys stay in the pocket is really nice. It's like when one-touch electric windows became a thing. Having to hold the button to open or close the window isn't exactly hard, but it's nice not to have to do it.
I am the same but was a little nervous about the rise in ‘key repeater’ theft. However, UK security experts have given the 911 a ‘superior’ rating for ameliorating this risk.

“The BMW 7 Series, BMW X7 and Porsche 911 all retained their Superior ratings through the introduction of motion sensor enabled fobs. If the sensor detects the fob hasn’t moved for a short period, it idles and goes into sleep mode. This effectively prevents criminals with Relay Attack kit from extending the range of the communication between car and fob.”

https://insurance-edge.net/2019/06/2...or-anti-theft/
Old 09-04-2019, 04:17 PM
alex2364
Advanced

Received 44 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by jkautz
Does anyone know what comfort access includes on the 992? This is what is describes it as on the build:

Access to the car without active use of the key including opening of front luggage compartment lid.

** What difference is that to the porsche entry & drive that allows keyless access? Why would anyone go for the $550 option for the 992 when it sounds redundant? **
Key word in this is active use of key. Without this option you will need to press a button on the fob to lock/unlock. With this option, you can leave the fob in your pocket/purse and touch the door handle to lock/unlock.
The following users liked this post:
jkautz (09-04-2019)
Old 09-04-2019, 08:19 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by alex2364
Key word in this is active use of key. Without this option you will need to press a button on the fob to lock/unlock. With this option, you can leave the fob in your pocket/purse and touch the door handle to lock/unlock.
Well I guess for $550 I might as well leave my build. I have over a month to make changes from what it sounds like
Old 09-04-2019, 11:35 PM
rwschill
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The entry and Drive was included in the premium plus package before is it now?
Old 09-05-2019, 12:09 AM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by rwschill
The entry and Drive was included in the premium plus package before is it now?
I didn’t see a premium plus package for the 992. I may have overlooked it.. if there is that offering

Quick Reply: Entry & drive & comfort access option