Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Pulled the trigger on 992 4S - SF Bay Area, stuck on one thing tho

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2019, 04:00 PM
rockrdude
Burning Brakes

Received 379 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Jean Samaha
not only no... but heck no! Why would anyone do that?
Personally I think black callipers look amazingly classy, especially on a silver wheel. maybe on a black car I'd accept yellow callipers but barely. The only thing I like yellow on a car is the car itself and I find the current yellow very meh, the 997 yellow was amazing, I think it was called speed yellow.
Old 08-29-2019, 04:09 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Received 826 Likes on 458 Posts

Originally Posted by rockrdude
Personally I think black callipers look amazingly classy, especially on a silver wheel. maybe on a black car I'd accept yellow callipers but barely. The only thing I like yellow on a car is the car itself and I find the current yellow very meh, the 997 yellow was amazing, I think it was called speed yellow.
Classy is an interesting term .. This kind of reminds me of the guys I know who buy stainless steel watches because they find them to be more "Classy"... it's all about understatement for them ... I for one am more a Gold watch guy, including my Nautilus which I've since more than doubled my investment on (in solid gold).... and while I don't like crazy after market wheels, paint schemes, and accessories on my car, I think unique, slightly aggressive designs are more interesting than the classy and subdued look many seem to prefer.

In the end, taste is a very subjective thing, and at least as it pertains to the members of this forum, I am in the minority haha.
Old 08-30-2019, 03:51 PM
DavePugh
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

First, it's your car get what you want. But the fact that you are posting means you are in two minds.

As you asked for opinions, personally I wouldn't add yellow seat belts with the red interior. I don't think it works that well as they are two primary colours. If you want to highlight, have you considered chalk seat belts? It will be more subtle than in your face. But maybe that is the look you want.

Have you seen the colour combination in the flesh? it is really important as you will either love it or hate it.

I stayed clear of a red interior as what has been previously posted, I thought it was too light. If it was darker, I may have considered it. But TBH modern red interiors don't do it for me.

I went to showroom intending to order Slate grey or Chalk. But came out with Carrera White exterior as I thought it looked better on the car having seen the colours. That's my choice and it's my opinion that matters, as it's me spending my hard earned money and I will be the one driving the car. I have opted for the glass roof and chalk seat belts and a black interior. I didn't bother with colours on the dials.

Like you I have spec'ed a very high loaded car, as I intend to keep it for a while. I have locked down on Monday so have the weekend to finalise. Decisions.....
Old 08-30-2019, 04:03 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DavePugh
First, it's your car get what you want. But the fact that you are posting means you are in two minds.

As you asked for opinions, personally I wouldn't add yellow seat belts with the red interior. I don't think it works that well as they are two primary colours. If you want to highlight, have you considered chalk seat belts? It will be more subtle than in your face. But maybe that is the look you want.

Have you seen the colour combination in the flesh? it is really important as you will either love it or hate it.

I stayed clear of a red interior as what has been previously posted, I thought it was too light. If it was darker, I may have considered it. But TBH modern red interiors don't do it for me.

I went to showroom intending to order Slate grey or Chalk. But came out with Carrera White exterior as I thought it looked better on the car having seen the colours. That's my choice and it's my opinion that matters, as it's me spending my hard earned money and I will be the one driving the car. I have opted for the glass roof and chalk seat belts and a black interior. I didn't bother with colours on the dials.

Like you I have spec'ed a very high loaded car, as I intend to keep it for a while. I have locked down on Monday so have the weekend to finalise. Decisions.....

Yes while I'm a hard yes, I've had enough no's to give me pause... oddly, most of the people who saw it in person ( photo on my iPad) seem to like it... on here the reactions are very different. I have shown others pics with white, silver, black and other options and the yellow hasn't been received so badly as on here.. that said, I do appreciate the opinions here..

This car is a keeper, I have seen the red in the showroom and it looks great... in the sun, a bit bright yes, but the car will not have a glass roof, so I don't think this will be an issue. I'm absolutely not a fan of other interior colors available, especially black... I wish they had the colors my BMW comes with but they don't
Old 08-30-2019, 04:20 PM
DavePugh
7th Gear

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

It's really hard, isn't it! You want the car to be right as you spending a lot of money. But it just plays on your mind, have I made the right decision, should I do this, should I do that, have I spent too much....

But as you say, if you don't like it or get bored with that colour combination. It will only cost $1200 to rectify, so not the end of the world. It more important that you are completely happy with the internal trim and exterior colour as that would be expensive to change.
Old 08-30-2019, 04:27 PM
992Sam
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DavePugh
It's really hard, isn't it! You want the car to be right as you spending a lot of money. But it just plays on your mind, have I made the right decision, should I do this, should I do that, have I spent too much....

But as you say, if you don't like it or get bored with that colour combination. It will only cost $1200 to rectify, so not the end of the world. It more important that you are completely happy with the internal trim and exterior colour as that would be expensive to change.
Yeah, you get it... I just don't want a car that looks like it came off the showroom either... I want it to be unique to me. I am not thinking resale as its just a normal 4S... not a GT2 or something like that.
Old 09-01-2019, 12:14 AM
SockToy
Instructor

Received 70 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Sam Jean Samaha
Yeah, you get it... I just don't want a car that looks like it came off the showroom either... I want it to be unique to me. I am not thinking resale as its just a normal 4S... not a GT2 or something like that.
Love the dials, don't love the belts. And I'd config miami blue belts on espresso ;p

Quick Reply: Pulled the trigger on 992 4S - SF Bay Area, stuck on one thing tho