Sponsored by:

Porsche Customer Service - NOT

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2019, 10:47 PM
Peterhz
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Porsche Customer Service - NOT

Ordered my midnight blue 992 cabriolet sport Pkg in January - with expected Florida delivery in June. The order was locked in April and production completed on June 12. (I have the vin). Porsche site shows the car has been en route to Emden port since completion date - was due in Emden June 21, yet still not there. Obviously the car is being held at the factory pending EPA registration. The site continually changes the final dealer delivery date - today it is Sept 13 - it’s been out to Sept 26 - who knows ??
My issue is that neither Porsche USA nor my dealer has bothered to send out any form of communication regarding the delayed delivery. Calling Porsche is a waste of time as they offer no info. No doubt more info exists. Why would they not wish to share this with a customer who has waited 7 months for a delivery. and why not ship the car and hold it in Jacksonville until EPA is done rather than delay delivery by at least another 30 days after EPA approval. Makes no sense
Old 07-09-2019, 10:59 PM
ST BERNARD
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterhz
Ordered my midnight blue 992 cabriolet sport Pkg in January - with expected Florida delivery in June. The order was locked in April and production completed on June 12. (I have the vin). Porsche site shows the car has been en route to Emden port since completion date - was due in Emden June 21, yet still not there. Obviously the car is being held at the factory pending EPA registration. The site continually changes the final dealer delivery date - today it is Sept 13 - it’s been out to Sept 26 - who knows ??
My issue is that neither Porsche USA nor my dealer has bothered to send out any form of communication regarding the delayed delivery. Calling Porsche is a waste of time as they offer no info. No doubt more info exists. Why would they not wish to share this with a customer who has waited 7 months for a delivery. and why not ship the car and hold it in Jacksonville until EPA is done rather than delay delivery by at least another 30 days after EPA approval. Makes no sense
My Car has been held, along with others, at Emden since May 5th. I was told the Car will be shipped so that I can get late Sept early Oct delivery to the dealer. Like you I would rather have the Car in San Diego but obviously no Cars are being delivered for another few months.
Old 07-09-2019, 11:09 PM
Peterhz
Track Day

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

I was told no 992’s have been shipped to the US yet. Seems like it won’t happen until EPA approval.! The good news is that the car is well worth the wait. I drove one in Europe last week. - It’s pure joy 😀
Old 07-09-2019, 11:17 PM
ST BERNARD
Advanced

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Peterhz
I was told no 992’s have been shipped to the US yet. Seems like it won’t happen until EPA approval.! The good news is that the car is well worth the wait. I drove one in Europe last week. - It’s pure joy 😀
A few people on the Forum had earlier reported that their Cars were already in the U.S. But I guess, as you said, nothing is moving now.
Old 07-10-2019, 02:56 AM
Michigan 992
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 85 Posts

Cars in the US are in a bonded port storage lot. The EPA treats that as not being in the US. If the cars were put on a truck and moved onto a public road they become “in the US” on public property. If they don’t have a valid certification label on them the fine used to be $10K per vehicle. The fine is set high so companies will be sure not to do it.

Porsche communication with customers is incredibly bad. They just ignored a very polite Email from me.
Old 07-11-2019, 01:31 AM
aCayenneFan
Pro

Received 56 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Michigan 992
Cars in the US are in a bonded port storage lot. The EPA treats that as not being in the US. If the cars were put on a truck and moved onto a public road they become “in the US” on public property. If they don’t have a valid certification label on them the fine used to be $10K per vehicle. The fine is set high so companies will be sure not to do it.

Porsche communication with customers is incredibly bad. They just ignored a very polite Email from me.
Maybe there is more to the 'issue' than they are letting on? It is natural to want to avoid being the bearer of bad news.
The following users liked this post:
wdr911 (07-12-2019)

Quick Reply: Porsche Customer Service - NOT