Sponsored by:

PASM sport -10mm lowered

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2019, 06:00 PM
sampelligrino
Rennlist Member

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
I agree with Sam - I have PASM on my 991.1 GTS and the front spoiler gets scraped routinely, despite my best efforts. No FAL option in the 991.1 GTS. The quote I got for an aftermarket FAL was $10k - no thanks. I just replace the plastic spoiler every year or so. Loving life in my GT3T with the FAL. Makes a huge difference. With SPASM being 1 full cm lower than PASM, the scrape fest in my GTS would only be magnified. SPASM was not an option in my cab, anyway, but if I were spec'ing a 992, I would go with SPASM and the FAL. For Los Angeles streets, there is no way I would get a 911 without the FAL, if it is an available option.
yeah my black plastic lip is just mangled now... hats off to Porsche though for at least designing it on the 991 where it's replaceable at a moderate/low cost rather than a whole bumper etc

No clue though if it's the same problem on the 992 - the 991.1 SPASM lip sticks out forward and even curves a little bit towards the ground making it tough. Love the car regardless though, I'm sure you feel the same way. Just pucker up real tight when trying to enter or exit a ramp/incline situation!
Old 08-07-2019, 11:22 PM
MacAna
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by findtom
If I might add my 10p worth.... I have had 3 991.1s and 1 991.2. My first car didn't have SPASM and the other 3 did. The difference in handling is night and day and the stance is totally wrong, (IMO) without it. I think that if you want a 911 as a sports car you might be buying the wrong car if comfort is more of a priority than proper ride and compliance. For me the steering feel is far more positive with SPASM, the stance is better and the car rides better. Yes it's a harder ride than PASM but its a tiny price to pay when buying a sports car.....

Thanks for this

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
idk man, I have SPASM on my 911 50th (991.1) and I scrape all over the place, even trying to attack at an angle/snail pace. Since I daily drive my 911, I've even contemplated trying to raise the suspension/car, but I love the stance of it sitting 10mm lower (psychological I'm sure)... For a DD, can only speak to my experience but I probably wouldn't option it so I stress less on ramps/driveways/entryways
Originally Posted by Porsche911GTS'16
...I have PASM on my 991.1 GTS and the front spoiler gets scraped routinely, despite my best efforts.
Originally Posted by AdamSanta85
It's a sport car, add the sports options.
I've had my car for a month now, with standard PASM. I am happy with the result and my decision. Only a very keen eye of a P-fan even notices the difference in stance or the lip and has to look for it, yet the handling is sublime... if it could get any better, I doubt I could extract more!
Old 09-01-2019, 05:49 AM
TMA
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by TMA
About to lock spec on my 992 and like many on this thread I’m not sure whether to add SPASM or not. Roads are smooth and new where I live but having owned a 997, 991.1 and 991.2 all without SPASM I’m wondering whether I should spec it or not. I used to drive them mainly in regular mode as I found sport too harsh but I’m loving the lowered stance of the SPASM as I want to get my car as close as possible to a GTS spec. Dealer doesn’t have demos with SPASM which makes it even harder to decide and sales consultant advising against it. When tested, I found the 992 with PASM too soft but I don’t want to be stuck with SPASM forever if I make the wrong choice. Thoughts?
For those still deciding... finally got my hands (and feet) on a SPASM equipped one and it’s definitely worth it. It’s not comparable to selecting sports mode on a regular PASM model (which was my hypothesis going in). It’s like a tauter, more refined version of the regular suspension but still comfortable and smooth. No jerkiness or unnecessary movement. Great road feedback and amazing cornering. Plus you get the 10mm lowered stance as an added bonus.

Again, roads are mostly smooth where I live but definitely happy to have added it. No loss of comfort and big gains in handling.
The following 3 users liked this post by TMA:
G650 (09-02-2019), JHesketh (09-01-2019), purples (09-06-2019)
Old 09-01-2019, 05:58 AM
Christian S.
Addict
Rennlist
Lifetime Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the Sports -10mm and it rides very well. I also have the front axle lift which has hardly been used.
The following users liked this post:
G650 (09-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 12:26 AM
LRG911
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Christian S.
I have the Sports -10mm and it rides very well. I also have the front axle lift which has hardly been used.
my 992 order has the sports Chrono package which includes the sport PASM and I also included the front axle lift, I had it on my Panamera turbo and it came in handy.

my sales guy also recommended to also include PDCC with rear steering. Anyone else have the PDCC? And do you notice any difference?
Old 12-02-2019, 01:39 AM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Received 347 Likes on 241 Posts

Originally Posted by LRG911
my 992 order has the sports Chrono package which includes the sport PASM and I also included the front axle lift, I had it on my Panamera turbo and it came in handy.

my sales guy also recommended to also include PDCC with rear steering. Anyone else have the PDCC? And do you notice any difference?
PDCC is best for larger vehicles that need body roll management to make it feel smaller than it truly is. The 911 PASM already controls body roll extremely well. And it’s well.. a 911.. not an SUV. The PDCC is an unnecessary option to me. Just my opinion after testing both

Don’t get me started on RAS lol
The following 2 users liked this post by jkautz:
carson2 (12-02-2019), JHesketh (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 11:07 AM
sexfiend
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by jkautz
PDCC is best for larger vehicles that need body roll management to make it feel smaller than it truly is. The 911 PASM already controls body roll extremely well. And it’s well.. a 911.. not an SUV. The PDCC is an unnecessary option to me. Just my opinion after testing both

Don’t get me started on RAS lol
PDCC if you can pony up the change to get the best of the best performance
Old 12-02-2019, 11:14 AM
detansinn
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 8,075 Likes on 2,985 Posts

Originally Posted by sexfiend
To be clear, it does insulate you a bit from what's going on. Like RAS, it's a performance option that does take some character out of the experience.
For some buyers, that's totally great and awesome. For other buyers, it may not be what they're looking for. Matter of Taste.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:27 AM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

Without actually being able to tell the difference. Hard pass
sexfiend (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 11:29 AM
sexfiend
Instructor

trust me the wallet can tell the difference
jkautz (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 11:31 AM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

trust me the wallet can tell the difference
This is true
sexfiend (12-02-2019)
Old 12-02-2019, 11:37 AM
LRG911
AutoX

That’s what I was thinking. I concentrated my order on performance instead of cosmetics which I kind of regret a little bit. Sport Chrono package, premium package, PDCC, rear steering, all those goodies. But cosmetically I went with plain black interior. I did add brushed aluminum, don’t know what that will look like and black emblems on the back to match my black wheels on Carrera white exterior.
Old 12-02-2019, 11:45 AM
sexfiend
Instructor

That’s what I was thinking. I concentrated my order on performance instead of cosmetics which I kind of regret a little bit. Sport Chrono package, premium package, PDCC, rear steering, all those goodies. But cosmetically I went with plain black interior. I did add brushed aluminum, don’t know what that will look like and black emblems on the back to match my black wheels on Carrera white exterior.
if ur gonna go plain black its one of the best non-adorned interiors go had such interior for like ten years only reason i switched it up was because i got tired of it (after blk in 2 cars). The good thing about blk u probably know is that it is the least distracting interior allowing your focus to be on driving, and its easier to keep dirty, low maintenance porsche leather stays good. also it looks classy and brings out the exterior in certain colors.
Old 12-02-2019, 01:10 PM
jkautz
Burning Brakes

I did add brushed aluminum, don’t know what that will look like and black emblems on the back to match my black wheels on Carrera white exterior.
Here is a nice example.

Originally Posted by sansan
I feel your pain. I had to order my 992 without ever seeing trim options in person. I went brushed aluminum and I think it looks great.

Old 12-02-2019, 01:49 PM
LRG911
AutoX

Originally Posted by jkautz
Here is a nice example.
thanks for the pics, It does look very nice.
I believe if I would’ve selected the leather trim package it would’ve included this option, am I wrong? Since I had no idea what it would like I relied on my sales rep, he did not help me on the interior unfortunately

Quick Reply: PASM sport -10mm lowered