Sponsored by:

XPel Precut Kits

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 07:18 PM
jperlinsky
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts
Default XPel Precut Kits

I have a 992 on order. I want to get PPF when it arrives in the US. Dealer says June, or maybe even May.

Will XPel have pre-cut kits by the time the first models hit the US? Does anyone know from past experience?

Last edited by jperlinsky; 01-28-2019 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Typo in title
Old 01-29-2019, 01:57 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default 992

Originally Posted by jperlinsky
I have a 992 on order. I want to get PPF when it arrives in the US. Dealer says June, or maybe even May.

Will XPel have pre-cut kits by the time the first models hit the US? Does anyone know from past experience?
I'm happy to report that we've had full patterns for the 992 since December 13th, 2018. Here's an image we took at the plant in Stuttgart when we got the templates.

Old 01-29-2019, 02:52 PM
jperlinsky
Advanced

Originally Posted by XPEL
I'm happy to report that we've had full patterns for the 992 since December 13th, 2018. Here's an image we took at the plant in Stuttgart when we got the templates.
Thanks. When will they show up on the website? I'd like to see what coverage options are available.

Will there also be an option to cover the piano black trim in the center console, like for some Teslas? That would be really useful.

Last edited by jperlinsky; 01-29-2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Hit post prematurely.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:04 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default UK

Thanks. When will they show up on the website? I'd like to see what coverage options are available.

Will there also be an option to cover the piano black trim in the center console, like for some Teslas? That would be really useful.
We have them on the UK Section of the Kit Search as we got them for the Euro market but they will be brought over to the US Database soon. We also launched a new website not too long ago and are dealing with bugs and fixes there on the kit searches showing up properly.

On the piano black interior pieces, lately if the pieces seem like they can be done, we will get interior templates/kits as well.

Last edited by XPEL; 01-29-2019 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Website Correction
Old 01-29-2019, 03:07 PM
jperlinsky
Advanced

We have them on the UK Section of the Kit Search as we got them for the Euro market but they will be brought over to the US Database soon. We also launched a new website not too long ago and are dealing with bugs and fixes there on the kit searches showing up properly.

On the piano black interior pieces, lately if the pieces seem like they can be done, we will get interior templates/kits as well.
Thanks! I'm not seeing the kits on the site, but I'm guessing that's because of the website issues you're talking about.

If there's anyway to get the interior trim kits ready by the time the car launches, that would be terrific.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:26 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Website

Thanks! I'm not seeing the kits on the site, but I'm guessing that's because of the website issues you're talking about.

If there's anyway to get the interior trim kits ready by the time the car launches, that would be terrific.
It's not pulling up on my end either but I did go and look on our actual DAP (Design Access Program) software and pulled up the kits for the entire car. They are very much in the system. I didn't see interior kits at the time but I will ask the Design team about adding those next time we see the car.
Old 01-29-2019, 03:29 PM
jperlinsky
Advanced

It's not pulling up on my end either but I did go and look on our actual DAP (Design Access Program) software and pulled up the kits for the entire car. They are very much in the system. I didn't see interior kits at the time but I will ask the Design team about adding those next time we see the car.
Thanks. If you PM'ing me or posting an update about the interior kit when you have more information, I'd really appreciate it.
Old 01-30-2019, 07:20 AM
Northquest
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I have the complete coverage on my 718s and will never do the pre cut again. Ever!

It cost an arm and a leg - which I don’t mind if I feel I get my money’s worth - but with this you don’t, no matter what they say.

You pay pay almost the same and they get away with not covering any corner or around almost any edge. My car has open areas between the rear lights and the bumper of almost half an inch, dirt is creeping in on open edges all over the car and every time I complain they just cut away another bit of the slipped film.

On my 992 I will go to some one that is a real professional- some one that knows how to wrap edges. Or, I will do the new Paint Protection Spray that covers the entire car like as if it was repainted.
The following users liked this post:
G650 (09-11-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 11:11 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default XPEL

Thanks. If you PM'ing me or posting an update about the interior kit when you have more information, I'd really appreciate it.
No problem. We'll post as soon as we hear more.

Originally Posted by Northquest
I have the complete coverage on my 718s and will never do the pre cut again. Ever!

It cost an arm and a leg - which I don’t mind if I feel I get my money’s worth - but with this you don’t, no matter what they say.

You pay pay almost the same and they get away with not covering any corner or around almost any edge. My car has open areas between the rear lights and the bumper of almost half an inch, dirt is creeping in on open edges all over the car and every time I complain they just cut away another bit of the slipped film.

On my 992 I will go to some one that is a real professional- some one that knows how to wrap edges. Or, I will do the new Paint Protection Spray that covers the entire car like as if it was repainted.
If you get the right installer in the room with the right pre-cut kits, it can look just as good if not better than a custom or bulked installation. We recently just did Barrett Jackson Scottsdale with a new Ford GT that was wrapped using solely pre-cut kits and it was a near flawless installation. If they're using our XPEL software, all they have to do is click an edge and mark it extendable or "wrap-able" causing the plotter (printer) to leave more material on that edge/corner for them to wrap it correctly. This will save on labor time and the amount of time spent trimming edges if it was a bulk installation.

When you get your 992, don't hesitate to reach out as we can help connect you with a quality installer in your area.
The following users liked this post:
G650 (09-11-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 06:43 AM
Northquest
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

No problem. We'll post as soon as we hear more.

If you get the right installer in the room with the right pre-cut kits, it can look just as good if not better than a custom or bulked installation. We recently just did Barrett Jackson Scottsdale with a new Ford GT that was wrapped using solely pre-cut kits and it was a near flawless installation. If they're using our XPEL software, all they have to do is click an edge and mark it extendable or "wrap-able" causing the plotter (printer) to leave more material on that edge/corner for them to wrap it correctly. This will save on labor time and the amount of time spent trimming edges if it was a bulk installation.

When you get your 992, don't hesitate to reach out as we can help connect you with a quality installer in your area.
You already set me up with a quality installer... and yes I know they can make the template bigger , but that doesn’t mean they do it or change fact that the tip of my fenders are open in your cuts.

I even vent went to your booth at SEMA to show you pictures and ask if this is how you think your product should look like - your premium, recommended installer installed job... I got the bla, bla, answer, the “hold on, I just got to take this one... be right back with you...” “now, where were we again...” , “oh, hold...I just have to answer this... ( talking to some one else). Finally, after waiting around for 30 minutes I left and though - never again. So, yes I understand you do, or can do, things right, if you put your soul into it, but unfortunately it doesn’t seem your dealers will or can do that with your current concept. I have taken it up with them, several times and I have taken it up with you at SEMA, and now here. All I hear from you and your representatives are excuses and what can be done - not what will be done and will happen. As for my 992 getting close to your film or your installers - no way!
Old 02-01-2019, 12:52 PM
jperlinsky
Advanced

You already set me up with a quality installer... and yes I know they can make the template bigger , but that doesn’t mean they do it or change fact that the tip of my fenders are open in your cuts.

I even vent went to your booth at SEMA to show you pictures and ask if this is how you think your product should look like - your premium, recommended installer installed job... I got the bla, bla, answer, the “hold on, I just got to take this one... be right back with you...” “now, where were we again...” , “oh, hold...I just have to answer this... ( talking to some one else). Finally, after waiting around for 30 minutes I left and though - never again. So, yes I understand you do, or can do, things right, if you put your soul into it, but unfortunately it doesn’t seem your dealers will or can do that with your current concept. I have taken it up with them, several times and I have taken it up with you at SEMA, and now here. All I hear from you and your representatives are excuses and what can be done - not what will be done and will happen. As for my 992 getting close to your film or your installers - no way!
I've had really good experiences with quality installations of Xpel precut cuts on previous cars. Sorry to hear yours did not turn out well.
Old 03-21-2019, 06:37 PM
jperlinsky
Advanced

Any update on an interior kit for the car?
Old 03-22-2019, 11:43 AM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Default Yes and No

Any update on an interior kit for the car?
It looks like we have full body exterior kits already, but am still working on getting interior pieces lined up where we think film can be installed safely. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.
Old 03-31-2019, 11:38 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts

Have you looked into Suntek? I had it put on my car when new and am very happy with how it looks, or actually how it does not look since one would be hard pressed to tell it is even there. Regardless, find the installer first then decide on what film to use since most have access to several different kinds.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:57 PM
edomund
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would also advise against pre-cut kits. I had my 997.2 C2S done by an authorized xpel installer. There were exposed areas all over the place. When I showed them to him he said this was normal and refused to fix it. I ended up eating the cost and paying to have the whole car redone by a custom installer and it turned out amazing.

Quick Reply: XPel Precut Kits