Sponsored by:

Standard, PDLS and PDLS + / ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2019, 03:41 AM
Peadsw
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Standard, PDLS and PDLS + / ?

Whats the difference, for me the standard look the most black and thats what i want?
Old 01-27-2019, 09:58 AM
adamlew
Intermediate

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Agree its a bit unclear.
- PDLS add a silver trim around the headlight, thats the only visible difference. Functionally these lights are a bit different, lights turn with the wheel etc. if I understand correctly. LED lights (DRLs) look the same though.
- PDLS+ is a completely different headlight and looks different and more high tech. I have this option on my 2019 Cayenne and it is truly amazing when driving at night, very clever system adapting to every situation seamlessly. Would recommend for people who use their cars this way, lots of night driving on highways for example. But an expensive option.

One of the things that age the fastest on any car imo are the lights, front and rear, so for that reason it may be worth an upgrade if you care about how fresh the car will seem a few years out. And I believe a black-out option will soon arrive for the 992 - but if you are after black today then the standard lights are definitely darkest
Old 01-27-2019, 12:05 PM
uniqueMR
Rennlist Member

Received 554 Likes on 419 Posts

Originally Posted by adamlew
- PDLS add a silver trim around the headlight, thats the only visible difference. Functionally these lights are a bit different, lights turn with the wheel etc. if I understand correctly. LED lights (DRLs) look the same though.
- PDLS+ is a completely different headlight and looks different and more high tech. I have this option on my 2019 Cayenne and it is truly amazing when driving at night, very clever system adapting to every situation seamlessly. Would recommend for people who use their cars this way, lots of night driving on highways for example. But an expensive option.
t
Correct.

LED headlights are standard on 992s.
Unless you need PDLS as described above or PDLS+ which is in a different league
I do not see any reason to go to PDLS from Standard. For me, its Standard or PDLS+ on 992.
Old 01-27-2019, 03:36 PM
d00d
Rennlist Member

Received 278 Likes on 182 Posts

PDLS+ is matrix LED, but that feature is disabled in the US at this time, have there been any statements as to when it will be enabled?
Old 01-27-2019, 10:11 PM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

They’re working to approve them, but from the articles I’ve read, not a lot of other info on when

https://www.autonews.com/article/201...ame-headlights
Old 09-21-2020, 01:50 AM
markanth
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Standard headlights vs PDLS+

On the Configurator, Under Standard Lighting

LED headlights incl. daytime running lights with 4-point LED spotlights

LED auxiliary light units in the front end with position lights, direction indicators and side turn signals

As the standard LED headlight compares solely to the LED PDLS + (NOT the MAXTRIX) Just would like to check the following, that the standard LED headlights DO or DO Not have:
1. cornering lights swivel.
2. Speed dependent headlight range control
3. Sports Mode
4. High beam assistant
5. Intersection Assistant.

The standard LED headlight has a black ring versus the LED PDLS+ headlight has chrome ring-otherwise they look close. However, I'm seeing a bit of conflicting information that the standard headlights in the 992 do have 1 through 3, but do not have number 4 or 5. Please confirm.
Thankyou,
Mark

Last edited by markanth; 09-21-2020 at 03:39 AM.
Old 09-21-2020, 02:55 AM
ryanlsmith
Racer

Received 261 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by d00d
PDLS+ is matrix LED, but that feature is disabled in the US at this time, have there been any statements as to when it will be enabled?
PDLS+ != LED-Matrix. It is possible to have PDLS+ without it (which is unfortunately the option mine came with).

edit: Just realized this thread was revived from the dead...

Last edited by ryanlsmith; 09-21-2020 at 02:57 AM.

Quick Reply: Standard, PDLS and PDLS + / ?