Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aventurine Green in the wild

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2019 | 04:42 PM
1waschi1
2nd Gear

Thumbs up Aventurine Green in the wild

From gerbil_david Instagram on Autoevolution site..
Old 01-22-2019 | 06:40 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Oh baby!
Old 01-22-2019 | 09:36 PM
DMDSpag
Intermediate

I've been really trying to figure out if I'll like this color in the wild, everything so far has been under florescent lights it's difficult to tell what it looks like under normal lighting conditions...
Old 01-22-2019 | 10:53 PM
Carrera-T
Rennlist Member

Love the green. But damn does that 992 look BIG!
Old 01-24-2019 | 02:23 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Wifey wants me to get this color....I was planing a build for Dolomite Silver (config is in the other thread).....Aventurine Green is nice....

We need more pics of this color
Old 01-24-2019 | 08:37 AM
DKST
Racer

Not easy to find other photos in the wild. I'm screening Instagram on a daily basis and this is what I found.
Further below my config as comparison between “in the wild” and rendering.

Agate grey vs. aventurine green:

Old 01-24-2019 | 09:02 AM
hinckley
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DKST
Not easy to find other photos in the wild. I'm screening Instagram on a daily basis and this is what I found.
Further below my config as comparison between “in the wild” and rendering.

Agate grey vs. aventurine green:
I'm crazy confused by this color. Other than the couple of "in the wild" pics, the 992's Aventurine looks like a muddy brown-green or a grey-green, similar to what we see above. But the "in the wild" pics show a color that is similar or identical to Porsche's classic Aventurine, which is closer to a moss green or BMW's Oxford green. The "in the wild" color is absolutely beautiful imo. The other color - not so much. I also think it's a shame that Porsche is not offering a classic saddle brown interior to go along with Aventurine. Truffle brown is much too chocolatey and is just not right.
Old 01-24-2019 | 09:12 AM
DKST
Racer

Originally Posted by hinckley
I'm crazy confused by this color. Other than the couple of "in the wild" pics, the 992's Aventurine looks like a muddy brown-green or a grey-green, similar to what we see above. But the "in the wild" pics show a color that is similar or identical to Porsche's classic Aventurine, which is closer to a moss green or BMW's Oxford green. The "in the wild" color is absolutely beautiful imo. The other color - not so much. I also think it's a shame that Porsche is not offering a classic saddle brown interior to go along with Aventurine. Truffle brown is much too chocolatey and is just not right.
The OP photo certainly used a filter before uploading it to Instagram so it appears a bit more saturated. Although I haven’t seen Aventurine green in daylight yet (without filters) I’m almost sure that it will be almost like Agate grey with a green tint. So grey-green if you will.

When it comes to the interior, truffle brown is veeeery nice! It’s very similar to saddle brown (which I currently have in my 991.2) so don’t believe the LA Autoshow pictures. They’re way oversaturated.
Old 01-24-2019 | 10:59 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Thank You guys....this is an amazing color
Old 01-24-2019 | 04:56 PM
DKST
Racer

This is more or less how I imagine Aventurine Green in the wild (photoshopped from agate grey)

Old 01-24-2019 | 11:17 PM
slc4s
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DKST
This is more or less how I imagine Aventurine Green in the wild (photoshopped from agate grey)

i wish.. I know I only saw it indoors but no way it looks this green outside or in. I was very disappointed with the color in person.
Old 01-25-2019 | 10:18 AM
adamlew
Intermediate

@1washi1 this car is sadly Agate someone tweaked it. I saw another pic (attached below) - clearly Agate (same license plate/car). So, still no picture of a real Aventurine in the wild.

The comparison pic in this thread (from my office btw) shows a fairly accurate view of the colour, definitely warmer than in the configurator. It was dark outside so couldnt get a good daylight picture. I have speced my upcoming 992 in this but wake up uneasy now and then as I am still not entirely sure how it will turn out

Might just go with solid black instead which I think will look great on this car..

Old 01-25-2019 | 10:41 AM
DKST
Racer

Originally Posted by adamlew
@1washi1 this car is sadly Agate someone tweaked it.
Oh no.......so aventurine in the wild is still missing in action!

Originally Posted by adamlew
The comparison pic in this thread (from my office btw) shows a fairly accurate view of the colour, definitely warmer than in the configurator.
May I ask why you put your shoe and chocolate next to the colors? :-) :-) :-)
Old 01-25-2019 | 10:44 AM
adamlew
Intermediate

sadly still missing it seems, yes!

haha regarding the shoe and chocolate the pic is from my showroom (I design shoes)... As you can see I like green
Old 01-25-2019 | 12:56 PM
Porsch
Banned

Looks much better than on the configurator. I didn't like it on the configurator but those pics look nice. I feel bad for anyone who paid 11-13 grand for PTS oak green metallic, similar to PTS fashion grey when chalk was introduced or PTS Mexico blue when Miami was introduced.

Quick Reply: Aventurine Green in the wild