Sponsored by:

Jumping off the 992 hate bandwagon

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2018, 07:39 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 170 Likes on 126 Posts
Default Jumping off the 992 hate bandwagon

Just got back from the auto show. Yeah, it looks way better in person. Everything is nice.

Only drawback for me is the hood line and we all know its the basic ugly front bumper. Once the sport design bumper is released everything will be 100.

I hated on:

interior
rear
front
mirrors
wheels
spoiler

I changed my mind about it all other than the front.. The headlight writing is tacky too. Other than that the car is HOT.

PS: Some of the Porsche fanatics in there were some real creatures.
Old 12-01-2018, 01:38 AM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Just got back from the auto show. Yeah, it looks way better in person. Everything is nice.

Only drawback for me is the hood line and we all know its the basic ugly front bumper. Once the sport design bumper is released everything will be 100.

I hated on:

interior
rear
front
mirrors
wheels
spoiler

I changed my mind about it all other than the front.. The headlight writing is tacky too. Other than that the car is HOT.

Glad you made a decision - I am still not thrilled about it and will fully decide once I see it in person soon. Please elaborate on the real creatures part? like really weird & nuts? please share stories
Old 12-01-2018, 03:50 AM
basic666
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Did u get to sit in the car?
Old 12-01-2018, 05:15 AM
gary.lee
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hated on:

interior
rear
front
mirrors
wheels
spoiler

What sport design bumper? For GTS?
Old 12-01-2018, 11:05 AM
VOLTCONTROL
Instructor

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

LOL. I guess it's the same all around the globe.
Old 12-01-2018, 11:55 AM
chuckbdc
Race Car

Received 309 Likes on 184 Posts

I hated on:

interior
rear
front
mirrors
wheels
spoiler

Funny how seeing something in person can be so different that seeing something in pictures- allows you get a sense of proportion that seems absent in forums when new models appear.

Personally, I expect that and actual driving experience will change my perception or the "nubbin" as well. It is in a handy place to do what a switch should do and is no longer a facsimile of a manual gear shifter for facsimile "purists". A manual trans will soon be available for those who enjoy manually shifting gears. I did that (enjoyably) from 1973 to 2012.5, and have to say I do not miss is. But there should be a non-rev matching, pre G-50 version for those who need a sense of proportion.

Quick Reply: Jumping off the 992 hate bandwagon