Sponsored by:

The Porsche 992 Aftermarket Wheel Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2024, 04:15 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Received 1,807 Likes on 979 Posts

Originally Posted by UH2
Well that's the thing..the wheel is available. Anywhere. Unless you're buying it used. It was discontinued back in 2018! They were charging me more $$ than what I paid for it brand new, and it isn't even available.

I get supply/demand and the pricing that goes along with that, but they charged me for a wheel that they can't even source...because it hasn't been made in 6 years.

Your statements are contradictory. Maybe you meant, “…isn’t available, anywhere”!?!?

Did you speak with somebody at WB directly or did you order it online? Like I said, if it’s no longer available (..hence my scarcity comment), yet somebody has that wheel, that may be why it’s more expensive. You still haven’t told us what wheel you’re referring to.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:42 PM
UH2
Instructor

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

It's the VFN 510. I called WB and asked if they had it in stock. They said YES. This was BEFORE I knew it was discontinued in 2018. They charged my card $2200 for one wheel, shipped.

I asked for shipping details...tracking number..and even a receipt for the purchase. I was able to get an email receipt on Monday. No shipping/eta/tracking details. I repeatedly asked for tracking/shipping info and the response was "I'm looking into it". I finally decided to call Vorsteiner myself this morning and found out the wheel had been discontinued 6 years ago. The person I talked to had joined shortly after I purchased the set in 2018 and said they hadn't sold any of that model since he had been there.

Now mind you, my first experience in 2018 with WB was great. BUT there was a post here on Rennlist from WB that said the sales person I had dealt with had been fired for....things. So I didn't talk to the same person from 2018. I still went back to WB because that's where my original invoice came from.

There's really not much else to the story...nothing missing. They charged my credit card for a brand new wheel when they had no idea where they were getting it from. I was told by the WB associate that Vorsteiner would "cut any wheel we ask for". Well...that's not gonna happen if it's discontinued.

That's it. Pretty simple. Nothing I'm hiding or failing to disclose. Sometimes people have bad experiences with companies that are otherwise known to provide better service. I just happen to be one of those people. I never told anyone ELSE to not trust them, I said I would not trust them again.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:43 PM
UH2
Instructor

Originally Posted by M3Inline6
Your statements are contradictory. Maybe you meant, “…isn’t available, anywhere”!?!?

Did you speak with somebody at WB directly or did you order it online? Like I said, if it’s no longer available (..hence my scarcity comment), yet somebody has that wheel, that may be why it’s more expensive. You still haven’t told us what wheel you’re referring to.
I called WB direct, from the # on their invoice. These were all voice calls and text messages.
Old 04-10-2024, 04:50 PM
911Castle
Rennlist Member

Received 298 Likes on 142 Posts

Yes, the new person, misspoke or spoke out of turn???? What's missing is your making it sound like it's been months and they are radio silent on returning your money. They have a lot of pull and maybe someone higher up thought they could call in a favor or something. I agree, radio silence for more that a week would not be cool but you did not share anything about how this was ultimately made right. I sure they did not keep your money???
Old 04-10-2024, 04:58 PM
UH2
Instructor

Originally Posted by 911Castle
Yes, the new person, misspoke or spoke out of turn???? What's missing is your making it sound like it's been months and they are radio silent on returning your money. They have a lot of pull and maybe someone higher up thought they could call in a favor or something. I agree, radio silence for more that a week would not be cool but you did not share anything about how this was ultimately made right. I sure they did not keep your money???
I have no idea if this was a "new person". It was the first person to answer the phone. My point is, I asked if the wheel was in stock. The sales person said yes..and if it wasn't Vorsteiner would cut it right away. But, obviously they didn't even check. I was refunded this morning after my third request for a refund.

There's really nothing they can do to make it right other than refunding my money, which they did...but they only refunded it after me continuously asking for a shipping ETA and a receipt. They should've never taken my money in the first place and I would've pursued other options. And when they DID take my money and supposedly checking for a shipping update, they would've known immediately that the wheel was discontinued 6 years ago. It took me 5 minutes to find that out...and I partially blame myself for not calling Vorsteiner directly as my first step...but I had no reason to because the company that I bought the original set from told me they were in stock and took my $$ without hesitation.

That's it. I had a bad experience. I'm just one experience out of many. Again, my first experience was great.

Old 04-10-2024, 06:11 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by UH2
I have no idea if this was a "new person". It was the first person to answer the phone. My point is, I asked if the wheel was in stock. The sales person said yes..and if it wasn't Vorsteiner would cut it right away. But, obviously they didn't even check. I was refunded this morning after my third request for a refund.

There's really nothing they can do to make it right other than refunding my money, which they did...but they only refunded it after me continuously asking for a shipping ETA and a receipt. They should've never taken my money in the first place and I would've pursued other options. And when they DID take my money and supposedly checking for a shipping update, they would've known immediately that the wheel was discontinued 6 years ago. It took me 5 minutes to find that out...and I partially blame myself for not calling Vorsteiner directly as my first step...but I had no reason to because the company that I bought the original set from told me they were in stock and took my $$ without hesitation.

That's it. I had a bad experience. I'm just one experience out of many. Again, my first experience was great.
Okay, I understand now. I would have been frustrated as well, but you did get your money back. Your initial post didn’t include that piece of information, which is important. You initially made it sound like they had charged you for an item they couldn’t provide and never refunded you. Had they not refunded your money this would be another conversation entirely.
Old 04-10-2024, 06:32 PM
UH2
Instructor

Okay, I understand now. I would have been frustrated as well, but you did get your money back. Your initial post didn’t include that piece of information, which is important. You initially made it sound like they had charged you for an item they couldn’t provide and never refunded you. Had they not refunded your money this would be another conversation entirely.
Respectfully, I never said they didn't refund me. That would've been a whole 'nuther tirade. Them refunding me doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't have taken my $ in the first place.

Lesson learned. I was all the way on the other side of the country when I ordered the original set. I live in SoCal now so I have more options. Unfortunately...the window for me replacing the wheel in the next 2 months has closed because I'll be away, which is why I would've wanted to know the VFN510 wasn't available from the jump.

I'm also not risking getting a repair done so the car is grounded until I can figure out a whole new set of wheels, or sell it as is (which I was contemplating doing before this whole ordeal).

Sorry to derail this thread.

/end rant
Old 04-10-2024, 06:51 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by UH2
Respectfully, I never said they didn't refund me. That would've been a whole 'nuther tirade. Them refunding me doesn't change the fact that they shouldn't have taken my $ in the first place.

Lesson learned. I was all the way on the other side of the country when I ordered the original set. I live in SoCal now so I have more options. Unfortunately...the window for me replacing the wheel in the next 2 months has closed because I'll be away, which is why I would've wanted to know the VFN510 wasn't available from the jump.

I'm also not risking getting a repair done so the car is grounded until I can figure out a whole new set of wheels, or sell it as is (which I was contemplating doing before this whole ordeal).

Sorry to derail this thread.

/end rant

No, but the way you worded that initial post implied some impropriety whether it was intentional or not. Nonetheless, I hope you find another solution being here in SoCal.
Old 04-11-2024, 01:22 PM
TAGMotorsports
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 393 Likes on 220 Posts

A few 992 Turbo S we've outfitted on a variety of different wheels!

Gunther Werks GW9-901

HRE Wheels S104SC

Vossen Wheels GNS-1

web: www.TAGMotorsports.com - email: sales@tagmotorsports.com
Authorized Dealer For: HRE, Vossen, TechArt, AWE, Bilstien, KW, Akrapovic, Capristo, Fabspseed, BBI, Vorsteiner, Milltek, 1016 Industries, BBS, Brembo, GMG, H&R, Pirelli, Michelin, Hankook & more.

TechArt & AWE Tuning's #1 Volume Dealer Nationwide
The following 2 users liked this post by TAGMotorsports:
fxmixer (04-14-2024), MovingChicane (05-02-2024)
Old 04-11-2024, 10:28 PM
reddsektor
Pro

Received 509 Likes on 262 Posts

Just got my new wheels from @911alloys and powder coated them Performance Gold (prismaticpowders) with a satin gloss finish to match Porsche’s Weiss gold. They came out amazing (still need to paint and attach the center caps).

Last edited by reddsektor; 04-11-2024 at 10:39 PM.
The following 6 users liked this post by reddsektor:
AlterZgo (04-12-2024), F1-GT (04-15-2024), Jeff Whitten (04-11-2024), mattchow (04-19-2024), tourenwagen (04-12-2024), UncleDude (04-11-2024) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 04-11-2024, 11:20 PM
M3Inline6
Drifting

Originally Posted by reddsektor
Just got my new wheels from @911alloys and powder coated them Performance Gold (prismaticpowders) with a satin gloss finish to match Porsche’s Weiss gold. They came out amazing (still need to paint and attach the center caps).

That turned out really good.
The following 2 users liked this post by M3Inline6:
F1-GT (04-15-2024), reddsektor (04-13-2024)
Old 04-12-2024, 10:54 AM
UH2
Instructor

No, but the way you worded that initial post implied some impropriety whether it was intentional or not. Nonetheless, I hope you find another solution being here in SoCal.
Come to find out I was reading my CC statement wrong I thought the line item was a credit. It's actually the original debit. So yeah, I was wrong...they still haven't refunded my $.
Old 04-13-2024, 10:30 AM
RealChewy
4th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wheel Balance Weights = Ugly

Is there a way to have aftermarket wheels balanced without seeing these weights so clearly?

Dealer balanced my new wheels, smooth ride, but ugly weights

Last edited by RealChewy; 04-13-2024 at 10:58 AM.
The following users liked this post:
tourenwagen (04-13-2024)
Old 04-13-2024, 10:42 AM
johnohara
Instructor

Received 137 Likes on 79 Posts

You probably have to live with the weights where they are now. First I would call the wheel vendor for advice. This is probably (and sadly) common.

The wheel vendor may have a pantone number (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pantone) or better yet, see if they will sell you some touch up paint... then swab it on the weights... At least that''s what I would do.

RealChewy Those wheels are exactly what I am looking my Agate 992. Any model details and color ?

Really beautiful.

Last edited by johnohara; 04-13-2024 at 02:04 PM.
Old 04-13-2024, 10:54 AM
SupremePower
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 1,388 Likes on 816 Posts

Originally Posted by RealChewy
Is there way to have aftermarket wheels balanced without seeing these weights so clearly?

Dealer balanced my new wheels, smooth ride, but ugly weights
Black weights would show less. Or mask around the current weights and spray them in a similar color as wheel.

World's Largest Retailer/Distributor of BBS Motorsport & Street Wheels from 2015-2023
Huge Inventory: BBS, Kline, Brembo, Soul, Recaro, KW, Akrapovic & 200+ brands. Installation available
** Retail & Wholesale ** Global Delivery ** We match/beat any authorized dealer's price **

SupremePower.com // SupremeForged.com // Follow SupremePower on IG

Quick Reply: The Porsche 992 Aftermarket Wheel Thread