Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-245/)
-   -   992 Interior Spy Shots (https://rennlist.com/forums/992/1038990-992-interior-spy-shots.html)

limegreen 10-04-2018 06:38 PM

Remember in the 80's when all of Porsche's sports cars had different interiors? 911, 924, 944, 928 .... Every single one had its own unique interior which made it special in it's own right no matter which model you chose....

Now in the 21st century where technology and mankind have supposedly advanced to astounding heights what do we get ? Corporate drone interiors with virtually no differentiation between Sports cars , SUV,s , CUV,s and sport wagons never mind different models within each category....

I guess I feel the same way about smart phones which apparently now lead the way for automotive interiors in the 21st century.... Brilliant!

limegreen 10-04-2018 06:43 PM

Those two "gauges" at either end of the "cluster" are so silly and pointless I wonder why they even bother. The whole upside of these new screens is the ability to have a plethora of information displayed simultaneously but by information I mean important things like engine parameters, suspension settings tire info etc. Instead we get TIME and TEMPERATURE which is all anyone cares about these days I guess...... I wouldn't be surprised if we end up with a dedicated Facebook / Instagram screen soon...

slc4s 10-04-2018 08:18 PM

I doubt it will stop me from buying one but i absolutely despise touch sensitive buttons like those on the center console in the pics above.... just give me physical buttons. I want to be able to reach down and find a button without looking. Cadilac finally learned their lesson after getting blasted for this for years and is going back to more physical buttons. Exterior of the 992 seems like a nice update to me. Interior (where an update felt more needed) it looks like won't be a drastic improvement. I'm sure the final product will be nice but I had my hopes up :)

GiuseppeM 10-08-2018 11:52 AM

Cyberbug 10-08-2018 12:36 PM

That hood and front bumper linup really looks horrid

rkwfxd 10-08-2018 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by GiuseppeM (Post 15345629)
This one spotted in Switzerland, He wrote the interior was covered https://www.instagram.com/p/BoCqZn3A...=17gt8ffvdokyn

White calipers - those should be easy to keep looking clean and fresh. : -(

GiuseppeM 10-08-2018 01:22 PM

Why are the parking sensor blue? Are they planning to paint the lower area?

Needsdecaf 10-08-2018 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by rkwfxd (Post 15345847)
White calipers - those should be easy to keep looking clean and fresh. : -(

White calipers are PSCB's, which cut down on brake dust by a lot. The white was chosen for that reason....to highlight how clean they stay.

GiuseppeM 10-08-2018 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf (Post 15345862)
White calipers are PSCB's, which cut down on brake dust by a lot. The white was chosen for that reason....to highlight how clean they stay.

Yes tungsten carbide coating just like on the Cayenne Turbo

Jsonorous 10-08-2018 10:09 PM

I think you may have discovered something here -- the black front and rear treatment appears to be tape. The bumpers may be painted after all. Look at the Miami Blue photo from the front top view, there is tape on the bottom center of the front bumper.

tgcrun 10-08-2018 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by Jsonorous (Post 15346973)
I think you may have discovered something here -- the black front and rear treatment appears to be tape. The bumpers may be painted after all. Look at the Miami Blue photo from the front top view, there is tape on the bottom center of the front bumper.

The big black area above the license plate is a decal. There are some other photos floating around that show a couple of bubbles in that area. It also looks like there is a strip of black decal covering the parking sensor area. I think the rear will look pretty nice once all the camo is removed and the paint is exposed. I like the placement of the license plate in the lower area rather than in the bumper like my 991 and 997, and I also like taking the Porsche name off the bumper and moving it to the light bar. I'm hoping that the front end will have a larger painted area than that being shown on the test cars.

stealthpilot 10-09-2018 09:09 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I find these complaints about a digital cockpit to be outdated and indicate a lack of knowledge of what is needed for a modern sports car.

Digital instrument clusters can be more effectively tailored to provide better information to a sports car driver. If anything I think Porsche should be faulted for not going all digital.

Here are photos of the instrument clusters of pinnacle sports cars: a Ferrari F1 car, a Porsche 919 LMP1 car, and a NASCAR.

Attachment 1293322Attachment 1293321Attachment 1293323

Hams955 10-09-2018 11:41 PM

Originally Posted by chuckbdc (Post 15269950)
Found this at rennteam. The large portion on the right seems out of place. But its hard to judge without seeing the whole dash.
https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...c8d6ab1060.jpg

Reminds me of a 928. Strange. I do not like it.

Archimedes 10-10-2018 12:47 AM

Originally Posted by stealthpilot (Post 15349367)
I find these complaints about a digital cockpit to be outdated and indicate a lack of knowledge of what is needed for a modern sports car.

Digital instrument clusters can be more effectively tailored to provide better information to a sports car driver. If anything I think Porsche should be faulted for not going all digital.

Here are photos of the instrument clusters of pinnacle sports cars: a Ferrari F1 car, a Porsche 919 LMP1 car, and a NASCAR.

Attachment 1293322Attachment 1293321Attachment 1293323

Is a 911 C2S a race car?

stealthpilot 10-10-2018 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by Archimedes
Is a 911 C2S a race car?

Its a sports car. It's not a luxury car. It is designed for the track. That's what separates it from a GT car like a Bentley or a BMW.