Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Canadian Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2024, 10:40 AM
CP312
5th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Canadian Cars?

Please forgive me as I am new to the Porsche world. I can currently looking at various Turbo S cars as I try to finish a terrible experience with GM on a C8 Z. As soon as I do, I’ve decided a Turbo S is next. I’ve come across quite a few cars imported from Canada into the US. Other than being changed to mph from kph, are they the same? Or is the emissions stuff different? Shoukd I be concerned about value on resale versus buying an original US car? Thanks in advance
Old 05-16-2024, 11:34 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,001 Likes on 600 Posts

It’s the same car with the speed values changed…

Actually there is one difference, Canadian cars have stone guards in the fender intakes, so there, you have upgrades
Old 05-16-2024, 12:07 PM
CP312
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Angryinch
It’s the same car with the speed values changed…

Actually there is one difference, Canadian cars have stone guards in the fender intakes, so there, you have upgrades
Thanks Angry, I’ve been reading long enough to very much respect your opinion. Guess I won’t be shying away from Canadian cars then.
The following users liked this post:
Angryinch (05-16-2024)
Old 05-16-2024, 12:25 PM
992.Turbo.S
Racer

Received 165 Likes on 84 Posts

Are the Matrix headlights activated on the US spec cars?
They are activated on the Canadian cars.
Old 05-16-2024, 03:59 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,001 Likes on 600 Posts

Only thing I would be concerned about with a Canadian car, is what province it came from, winter is disgusting here in half the country - if it was winter drove, tons of salt and rock/sand on the roads....

However, if its already in the states, a flipper probably got their hands on it and exported it right away.
Old 05-16-2024, 04:12 PM
CP312
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Only thing I would be concerned about with a Canadian car, is what province it came from, winter is disgusting here in half the country - if it was winter drove, tons of salt and rock/sand on the roads....

However, if its already in the states, a flipper probably got their hands on it and exported it right away.
It appears that is what’s happening with a lot of them. Most seem to be from Quebec or Montreal. Carfax is sort of all over the place but show that they came here early in life. At least from a looks perspective they appear near new. Is there any concern about how the factory warranty may or may not convert on these cars?
Old 05-16-2024, 07:36 PM
TTSDDS
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CP312
Please forgive me as I am new to the Porsche world. I can currently looking at various Turbo S cars as I try to finish a terrible experience with GM on a C8 Z. As soon as I do, I’ve decided a Turbo S is next. I’ve come across quite a few cars imported from Canada into the US. Other than being changed to mph from kph, are they the same? Or is the emissions stuff different? Shoukd I be concerned about value on resale versus buying an original US car? Thanks in advance
I have had Z06 models for the past 22 years. After over 3 years on two lists for the C8Z and over a year on two lists for the Eray, I bailed and picked up my TTS two months ago (US model).
Old 05-16-2024, 07:48 PM
CP312
5th Gear

Originally Posted by TTSDDS
I have had Z06 models for the past 22 years. After over 3 years on two lists for the C8Z and over a year on two lists for the Eray, I bailed and picked up my TTS two months ago (US model).
You’re a smart man… I got my C8Z, 3LZ Z07 and all…. Made it a glorious 1400 miles before it started leaking oil from the front seal. There’s a TSB and they pulled the motor, replaced all the seals. Made it less than 150 miles before it was leaking again, at a far greater rate. It’s not been at the dealer for the better part of 2 months, GM doesn’t have parts to fix it, the dealer doesn’t even want to fix it and GM refuses to buy it back. So I’m stuck playing the BBB and lemon law attorney game. Some day when I finally get my money back, I too shall have a TTS.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:19 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 438 Likes on 321 Posts

Is there any concern about how the factory warranty may or may not convert on these cars?
Factory warranty does not transfer, however the vehicles are eligible for coverage from our extended warranty provider Fidelity, repairs accepted at all Porsche dealerships and licensed independents in the US/Canada. All I would need is a quick check of the VIN in my system to confirm your once Canadian vehicle, is eligible for coverage, you can reach me at tgibson@highline-autos.com or (855) 924-1333.

*Unfamiliar with the Porsche worldwide warranty as I've heard issues, and none of the others ie: Mercedes, Audi, BMW... etc. have a warranty that crosses borders or OEM regions*

Official RECARO Automotive Retailer: www.highline-autos.com/product-category/recaro/

Highline Autos Magazine - Volume XXI, Issue 02 https://bit.ly/49A6n4M

Last edited by Highline-Autos.com; 05-16-2024 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:41 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,677 Likes on 946 Posts

Originally Posted by Highline-Autos.com
Factory warranty does not transfer,
This is 100% false.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:50 PM
TTSDDS
Track Day

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

You’re a smart man… I got my C8Z, 3LZ Z07 and all…. Made it a glorious 1400 miles before it started leaking oil from the front seal. There’s a TSB and they pulled the motor, replaced all the seals. Made it less than 150 miles before it was leaking again, at a far greater rate. It’s not been at the dealer for the better part of 2 months, GM doesn’t have parts to fix it, the dealer doesn’t even want to fix it and GM refuses to buy it back. So I’m stuck playing the BBB and lemon law attorney game. Some day when I finally get my money back, I too shall have a TTS.
I read your recent thread about that in the Corvette forum. I feel bad for you. Right next to it is a thread about some guy's roof panel not fitting on his new Z. I've had a C3, C4 (still bracket race it), C5Z06, C6Z06, C7Z06 and now the TTS. I still love Vettes but felt it's time for a change.

Last edited by TTSDDS; 05-16-2024 at 08:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2024, 08:51 PM
Highline-Autos.com
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 438 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Shogunade
This is 100% false.
Unfamiliar with the "Porsche Worldwide Warranty" as I've heard issues, and none of the others ie: Mercedes, Audi, BMW... etc. have a warranty that crosses borders or OEM regions*
Old 05-16-2024, 09:01 PM
CP312
5th Gear

Originally Posted by TTSDDS
I read your recent thread about that in the Corvette forum. I feel bad for you. Right next to it is a thread about some guy's roof panel not fitting on his new Z. I've had a C3, C4 (still bracket race it), C5Z06, C6Z06, C7Z06 and now the TTS. I still love Vettes but felt it's time for a change.

Hilarious. Guess great minds think alike. I suppose I should call a Porsche dealer and run a random imported Canadian car and see if they show it having a warranty.

Quick Reply: Canadian Cars?