Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

992 TTS Stage1/Stage2

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2024, 08:00 PM
Kinetic1
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Ya I believe the TT has slightly smaller turbos..
I believe the frame/housing is the same for the TT and TTS.
The TT most likely has smaller compressor/exhaust wheels, which could be upgraded within the housing.

ESMotors has modded factory turbos and put larger wheels in for their upgrade package.

Old 05-19-2024, 08:13 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,266 Likes on 729 Posts

Originally Posted by Kinetic1
The TT most likely has smaller compressor/exhaust wheels, which could be upgraded within the housing.

ESMotors has modded factory turbos and put larger wheels in for their upgrade package.

This could be true I am not sure TBH.

Regarding road course and tuned cars, I would really watch your logs and temps. The car isn't designed for all that extra power in regard to cooling & a constant beating around the track. I would run a moderate tune and not something that is on the edge of pulling timing. It would also be a good idea to mix half a tank of race gas in for extra protection.
Old 06-03-2024, 10:00 PM
enzom
Rennlist Member

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SB27
Yes. Agree.

I don't follow the Mac-side and, of course, hear tale of the unreliability. In order of cost, what fails on the 720S platform? Engine? Tranny? I honestly don't know but would welcome the McLaren experienced members here to comment.
You never know. Strange lights on the dash. A/C refuses to work. Key not recognized. Fuel pump goes bad. The hardware is pretty reliable - not many blown engines or trannys. Its mostly components and electronics. I love them, and have a 750S Spider (my 7th Mac). Nothing goes like them. Top end pull is something else -even stock. Love my 992 TTS, but the Mclaren is a rocket.
The following users liked this post:
luv2sleep (06-22-2024)
Old 06-04-2024, 10:33 AM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,130 Likes on 869 Posts

Originally Posted by enzom
You never know. Strange lights on the dash. A/C refuses to work. Key not recognized. Fuel pump goes bad. The hardware is pretty reliable - not many blown engines or trannys. Its mostly components and electronics. I love them, and have a 750S Spider (my 7th Mac). Nothing goes like them. Top end pull is something else -even stock. Love my 992 TTS, but the Mclaren is a rocket.
I keep a Mac on my radar screen as well. Did all 7 that you owned have small things that required warranty service to repair ?
Old 06-04-2024, 06:28 PM
Kinetic1
Instructor

Received 88 Likes on 56 Posts

Originally Posted by onfireTTS
I keep a Mac on my radar screen as well. Did all 7 that you owned have small things that required warranty service to repair ?
I've had 3 MC's and only had issues with one. Really, the ownership issue for me was the lack of dealers in my area. Services and warranty issues required an inclosed transport.
Old 06-04-2024, 07:58 PM
onfireTTS
Rennlist Member

Received 1,130 Likes on 869 Posts

I've had 3 MC's and only had issues with one. Really, the ownership issue for me was the lack of dealers in my area. Services and warranty issues required an inclosed transport.
That’s the bad deal here. Mac dealership is 3 hours away. A lot to like about the Mac. Carbon fiber Monocoque, etc. Awesome ride, just needs a dealership nearby. I still might break over some day.
Kinetic1 (06-04-2024)
Old 06-13-2024, 01:07 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,301 Likes on 656 Posts

TT has smaller compressor wheel...59 vs 61mm (pretty sure) and same exhaust wheel size as TTS

Only mechanical difference between the two.

https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turb...s-engines.html

Tuned...M-E says they get pretty much the same output at Stage 1/2...similar TQ and about 30 more HP from TTS.

Last edited by Pad Bender; 06-13-2024 at 01:09 PM.
Kinetic1 (06-13-2024)

Quick Reply: 992 TTS Stage1/Stage2