Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco
View Poll Results: Which build is your favorite
Ice grey with red logo and calipers, graphite leather with contrast red stitching
28.21%
Arctic with Truffle
43.59%
Carmine with graphite blue and red contrast stitching
7.69%
Gentian blue with graphite blue
20.51%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Which build would you pick?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2024, 08:22 PM
NEH51
Rennlist Member

Received 60 Likes on 39 Posts
Default Which build would you pick?

Hi RL community. I have an August build slot (Oct delivery) for my first 911. It will be a TT. The TT is exactly what I wanted. I don't want PCCBs, CL wheels, etc.
I've read nearly every thread on here over the last year while I was waiting for my allocation, so feel like I have accumulated a lot of knowledge. I would love your thoughts on which build strikes your fancy. While I realize that this is my decision yada yada, this community has collectively built, bought, driven 1,000x more 911s than I have....so I can learn from you all.

This will be a purely weekend fun car (I'd like some flash). Never tracked. Just the wife and I going on fun drives and road trips. We are mid-40s, no kids, and intend to keep this car for a very long time (so not super concerned about depreciation). This is my reward to myself for hitting a lifetime goal.
Couple of key considerations where I'm not soliciting input:
  • My top 4 color preferences are no longer available (PTS, aventurine green, yellow, shark blue). So I intend to invest into making the interior special to me.
  • 14-way seats (I love the options that come with 18-way...Heritage, EM leather, etc, but it absolutely does not work with my back so I'm taking 18-ways off the table).
  • I will make a call on PASM vs. S-PASM once I get to drive both...but will likely go PASM (I have a bad back)
  • I strongly prefer the quad exhaust look and have arranged having the rear diffuser, wing, and side skirts painted HGB. I may change my mind on this if I get nervous about having a shop paint the HGB...in that case, I will just go with the SportDesign package in HGB (assuming they aren't on stop sale)
  • I have a strong preference to avoid a black interior and my wife has vetoed chalk, red, and bordeaux.
  • I would like to keep the total to $240k ($242k tops). Everything less than $240k goes towards other fun adventures, so I'm not opposed to spending less.
  • I think sunroof is likely a must, so SportDesign package is probably out.
One of my key questions is with regards to the graphite blue and/or truffle brown interiors. I love the look in photos. But it is a LOT of blue or brown. I've read how some folks got the red/bordeaux interior and it got old pretty quickly. Have people had similar experiences with graphite or truffle?

So here are the 4 builds.
  1. Ice grey with red logo and calipers, graphite leather with contrast red stitching. Build link here. This was inspired by this IGM GT3RS

2. Arctic with Truffle. Build link here. Inspired by this photo
  3. Carmine with graphite blue and red contrast stitching. Link here
  4. Gentian blue with graphite blue. "Most affordable option" Link here I welcome suggestions on other interior options.
Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Last edited by NEH51; 04-28-2024 at 08:40 PM.
Old 04-28-2024, 09:59 PM
NEH51
Rennlist Member

I also welcome any feedback. I feel like I've been staring at these builds for so long I have completely lost perspective. So if the graphite+red is going to be an eyesore or something, feel free to say it.

And if anyone has a perspective on Matrix lights in black vs. extended dash leather, that is a financial tradeoff I am likely going to have to make. I think the lighter paint colors really look sharp with the dark headlights.
Old 04-28-2024, 10:07 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 625 Likes on 404 Posts

Graphite blue is really nice (partial, as I have it) although it almost looks black to the eye that really doesn't look closely at it.

I am not so sure it would be a great fit with red stitching though. Just me.

I've had Gentian Blue and am very partial to that color as it is simply beautiful. All of your builds are suited to you although if it were me, although the Article with Truffle really says "class" versus "sport" in a TT - that is what I would choose out of those 4 for a TT.
Old 04-29-2024, 01:25 AM
NEH51
Rennlist Member

@PHX thank you. I think you nicely captured the decision in front of me...."classy" vs. "sporty" I think right now my heart is leaning sporty. Though I may make the call that graphite/red is too far out there.
The following users liked this post:
PHX (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 01:30 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 965 Likes on 579 Posts

Really like the arctic with brown, nice!
NEH51 (04-29-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 11:02 AM
kurquhart
Rennlist Member

Received 120 Likes on 68 Posts

I have Truffle w/ silver and love it 99% of the time. I wish the airbag surround was black, but I could probably swap that out.

NEH51 (04-30-2024)
Old 04-29-2024, 03:01 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,606 Likes on 907 Posts

I had arctic and truffle. Brown was a little much. But it felt classy.
Old 04-29-2024, 10:18 PM
NEH51
Rennlist Member

@kurquhart @Shogunade thanks for the comments and photos. The truffle is definitely the “gentleman’s build” option for me. I could also see doing it with the Gentian.
I’m trying to find an interior for IGM and Carmine that gets me excited for a sporty build (if not graphite). I may just have to convince my back that it can handle 18-ways so that I can go with Heritage or EM.
kurquhart (04-29-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 01:52 PM
ER911S
Pro

Received 223 Likes on 133 Posts

Another vote for Artic with Truffle.
Old 04-30-2024, 01:54 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

I wish the steering wheel, headliner and top of dash was black, with the rest truffle.

its a bit old man, but looks good. I would lighten it up with chalk stitching!

EDIT, why not just do heritage interior, is it stop sale?

Last edited by Angryinch; 04-30-2024 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-30-2024, 07:09 PM
NEH51
Rennlist Member

@Angryinch that is my preferred route or EM, but when I say in 18-way seats, my back hated them. I’ve got to make a call on whether I can get comfortable in the seats. I even explored CXX EM on 14-ways but no dice.
assuming I can make 18-ways work, this all becomes moot. I’d actually explore graphite blue/chalk
combo with contrast red stitching. Or something involving cognac.

Originally Posted by Angryinch
I wish the steering wheel, headliner and top of dash was black, with the rest truffle.

its a bit old man, but looks good. I would lighten it up with chalk stitching!

EDIT, why not just do heritage interior, is it stop sale?
Old 04-30-2024, 09:22 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

I find the 18ways to fit perfectly, lots of adjustment!
HOTCHKIS (05-03-2024)
Old 04-30-2024, 10:04 PM
NEH51
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Angryinch
I find the 18ways to fit perfectly, lots of adjustment!

Yeah, I'm a former power lifter (still bench 350 and leg press 1,300 pounds) and I have scoliosis. So my shoulders are wide, my legs are thick, and my spine is fxxxxed. The leg bolsters were fine, but the spine/shoulders area were an immediate problem for me when I test drove a TTS last month.
My neighbor bought a new Turbo S on Friday and is going to let me play with his seats to see if I can get comfortable in them. If so, then I'm heading down the EM/Heritage path for sure.
Old 04-30-2024, 10:22 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Big boy! My joints are screaming just reading that. I’m 6,0 220lbs, you sound thick though, I get why they might be a bit tight. Don’t try the LW buckets hehe.
Old 04-30-2024, 10:32 PM
NEH51
Rennlist Member

Haha, I would never think about LWBs!! I've managed to skinny-down to 5'10, 225 so the fit is less of an issue with the 18-ways vs. the spinal alignment. If the back bolsters would open another inch, I think I would be good.
I'm hoping to play with the lumbar supports (i.e. deflate them) and try different incline angles on the seats and see if I can dial it in.
Needless to say, an RS is never in my future.
Angryinch (05-01-2024)

Quick Reply: Which build would you pick?