Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Turbo S Sport Design Package Installation Problem - Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2024, 06:37 PM
tylrphoto
6th Gear

Received 11 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Turbo S Sport Design Package Installation Problem - Please Help!

Hi all…

i recently purchased the factory sport design kit for my 992 Turbo S from Suncoast (fully OEM parts).

i just got the kit in a few days ago and started installation with a factory authorized body shop yesterday- the installation has gone well so far, the front looks perfect.

only problem is that the new rear diffuser does not fit over the existing central air duct. The existing duct appears to be too wide to fit under the new diffuser - is a different duct required? I think so.

if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated - any part numbers or links to the correct part would be perfect.

thank you all!

Old 04-19-2024, 12:19 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,086 Likes on 648 Posts

Call the dealer and Suncoast and cross reference the part numbers that you have with what you ordered to see if its a different PN that is associated with the new sport package.

Just looked at mine, yours flares out on the left and right, mine (w sport pkg) doesn't flare out like that, so I am assuming mine is narrower.

Last edited by Angryinch; 04-19-2024 at 12:22 AM.
The following users liked this post:
MovingChicane (04-19-2024)
Old 04-19-2024, 02:16 PM
dkmwp
Intermediate

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

992 TTS with sport exhaust (oval tailpipes) and sportdesign package have a narrower outlet duct than standard TTS with sport exhaust. The duct you need is actually the narrower one that is same as on the non-sport exhaust TTS with the quad tailpipes. I had this problem when order DB Carbon parts. I kept getting the wider outlet duct from DB Carbon until we figured out we needed the narrower one from the non-sport exhaust quad tailpipe TTS.

Rear air intake - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums
The following users liked this post:
MovingChicane (04-19-2024)
Old 04-19-2024, 02:38 PM
PTSTurboS
Rennlist Member

Received 105 Likes on 27 Posts

Your diffuser looks bigger than the OEM on my 22. I also have the DB Carbon Inlet Duct.

The following 2 users liked this post by PTSTurboS:
Angryinch (04-19-2024), Tombstone4478 (04-24-2024)

Quick Reply: Turbo S Sport Design Package Installation Problem - Please Help!