Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 Turbo and Turbo S (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turbo-and-turbo-s-258/)
-   -   Any pre-delivery tips and advice? (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turbo-and-turbo-s/1408134-any-pre-delivery-tips-and-advice.html)

nikanarani 04-17-2024 10:51 PM

Any pre-delivery tips and advice?

Hello,

I’m super stoked that my car has finally arrived at port and I’m scheduled to take delivery in a week! I’ve been waiting well over three decades for a 911 to call my own, ever since I laid eyes on one as a 10 year old, and I’m afraid that in the midst of my excitement I may just blindly jump into the car and bugger off.

Do any of you lovely folk have any pointers that I should keep in mind or cobwebs that I should keep an eye out for prior to accepting the car?

Many thanks,

V

shrimp money 04-17-2024 11:01 PM

When the Finance guy tries to sneak in some BS last minute like ceramic coating for $5k, tell them that wasn’t the deal.

Overdraft 04-18-2024 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by shrimp money (Post 19392228)
When the Finance guy tries to sneak in some BS last minute like ceramic coating for $5k, tell them that wasn’t the deal.

sage advice…

pitt911 04-18-2024 10:25 AM

tell the dealer not to detail the car as they can potentially mess it up . I personally tell them to keep as is and only do PDI
Avoid all the extra packages that they throw at you. Only exception is the wheel and tire package . That is a may be
if you are doing ppf , see if you can get that done before you take delivery of the car. I have ppf guy trailer my car from and to dealer on arrival after PDI
then enjoy the car

Spatia 04-18-2024 01:44 PM

You can watch every 992 Turbo S video on YouTube and read every entry in this Rennlist forum back to 2020.

Shogunade 04-18-2024 03:24 PM

Don't think too much. I'm sure it's a big day but remember to enjoy it as well. Other than obvious things like paint and panels, pay attention to the leather. And definitely do like shrimp says, just say no. But. If you're looking for warranty service I suggest you go Here first to get a quote and use that as a baseline to negotiate a better price for the same coverage. I have nothing but great things to say about fidelity. I've gotten over $11k worth of work done for the cost of the $100 deductible x 4. It's paid for itself by 3x.

Congrats!

abiazis 04-18-2024 03:26 PM

Good advice posted above......you can ask your sales person ahead of delivery (for spending this amount of money), for some free stuff - Porsche license plate frame, Porsche weather mats, clear side markers, Porsche key chain, Porsche key chain pouch, Porsche hat, Porsche air gauge, etc...the more you ask for the more, you may end up with a few items...I have been doing this for many years with success.....sometimes it adds up to $500 + worth of stuff...not earth shattering, but why not?