Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Do admirers ever leave these on your windshield? Flattered.

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2024, 11:48 AM
Beherit
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by K996
LMAO! Reading your first post and I was immediately wondering if it was Memphis! (Lakeland/Bartlett here) and yeah, car theft in this area has gotten ridiculous especially with the revolving door at 201 poplar.
We've been here since 2010 and planning to move later this year, it's disappointing but we're pretty done with Shelby county.

To the original poster... I havent received a note but in my 20yr old, basic C2 I would street park in midtown for brunch and whatnot, a surprising number of people would take photos with the car or while we were driving. There are some nice cars here but it's still a rare sight to see them out.
Yeah, we plan on leaving to go out west to Washington soon, we are tired of it here as well. We are very close neighbors, I live in Bartlett just before you get to Lakeland, I could walk to Lakeland in about 15 minutes from where I live, off of New Brunswick Rd near Ellis. DO you ever go to Cars and Coffee events or to the Bartlett Cruise In on Thursday evenings?

Last edited by Beherit; 03-27-2024 at 11:50 AM.
Old 03-27-2024, 02:21 PM
K996
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Beherit
Yeah, we plan on leaving to go out west to Washington soon, we are tired of it here as well. We are very close neighbors, I live in Bartlett just before you get to Lakeland, I could walk to Lakeland in about 15 minutes from where I live, off of New Brunswick Rd near Ellis. DO you ever go to Cars and Coffee events or to the Bartlett Cruise In on Thursday evenings?
Oh my gosh, we really are neighbors (we're in the middle of Davies plantation) but no unfortunately I haven't been to any of the car events around here, any recommendations?
I don't really know anyone else who attends so that probably was a factor, if you're heading out to one coming up let me know on the messenger and I'll drop by. I think I've only regularly seen one other 911 in this general area but I've also been wfh the last couple of years and my driving has gone way down.
Too funny, small world!
Old 03-27-2024, 02:42 PM
Beherit
Instructor

Received 61 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by K996
Oh my gosh, we really are neighbors (we're in the middle of Davies plantation) but no unfortunately I haven't been to any of the car events around here, any recommendations?
I don't really know anyone else who attends so that probably was a factor, if you're heading out to one coming up let me know on the messenger and I'll drop by. I think I've only regularly seen one other 911 in this general area but I've also been wfh the last couple of years and my driving has gone way down.
Too funny, small world!
Yeah I go to Cars and Coffee almost every weekend, except the ones that are in midtown as I don't trust this city well enough to drive a $250,000 into it.

The C&C schedules is as followed so you can choose which one is best for you if you want to go to any of them, they are always laid back with no drama so no worries on that. All C7C are from 9-11 except the Germantown one which is 8-11. The special ones make up their own times.
1st Saturday of the month is at Edlebrock 8649 Hacks Cross Rd in Olive Branch, it is kind of a longer drive but I enjoy it so I can open my car up some on the highway.

2nd Saturday is at The Edge car museum in midtown, I have never been to this one.

3rd Saturday is at NAPA on HWY 64 in Bartlett, I go to this one every time since it is 5 minutes from my house.

4th Saturday is a Germantown Performing Arts Center 1801 Exeter Rd, I go to this almost every time also.

5th Saturday, when this happens they hold special ones at different places that you just have to be in the C&C Facebook group to know where it is. This is the 5th Saturday and this one is being held at Collierville High School, I am not sure I am going to this or not.

Every Thursday they hold a Cruise In in Bartlett at the corner of Kirby-Whitten and Stage in that big parking lot behind CVS, I normally do not go to these but I am thinking about pulling the 911 out tomorrow and going, it starts at 6, I believe, and goes until around 9 or 10, or whenever everyone leaves. There is always a Bartlett cop in the parking lot circling around so it is pretty safe, during good weather days people start showing up at 4:30 to 5 to get good spots as it gets pretty big most of the time.
The following users liked this post:
K996 (03-27-2024)

Quick Reply: Do admirers ever leave these on your windshield? Flattered.