Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Anyone with brushed aluminum trim ?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2024, 08:36 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

I bought the carbon fiber pieces on eBay to protect the gloss black panels on either side of the shifter mostly. I like them- they are real carbon fiber. On my other 992 912’s I discovered if I apply The Last Coat - a simple ceramic that I apply to my exterior paint after each car wash, on the gloss panels, the trim inside and the screen also/ that stops any finger printing on these interior parts. The Last Coat is great on wheels also - makes the paint surface or off feel like glass - nothing sticks on the paint. Buy it on Amazon. I use it on all five of my porsche sports cars.
Old 02-10-2024, 10:36 AM
Targa32
Burning Brakes

Received 742 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by Targa32
I bought the carbon fiber pieces on eBay to protect the gloss black panels on either side of the shifter mostly. I like them- they are real carbon fiber. On my other 992 912’s I discovered if I apply The Last Coat - a simple ceramic that I apply to my exterior paint after each car wash, on the gloss panels, the trim inside and the screen also/ that stops any finger printing on these interior parts. The Last Coat is great on wheels also - makes the paint surface or off feel like glass - nothing sticks on the paint. Buy it on Amazon. I use it on all five of my porsche sports cars.

porsche should offer alternatives to the gloss black pieces around the shifter and button area above the shifter. Or someone should make pieces to replace these pieces that match the trim options on the configurator. The carbon fiber pieces I bought on eBay came directly from China - and have red double stick tape pieces on the back - peel and stick. Takes a minute to install . Easy to remove and protects from the fingerprints and from scratches. Can’t find a piece for the panel with the buttons above the shifter yet.the pieces were less than $100. I also added carbon fiber overlay pieces to the dash side vents and under the dash row of knurled buttons- just fits between the buttons and a piece over the steering center around the emblem the next guy can just peel them off and the original plastic will be in perfect condition. Not surprising similar real carbon fiber pieces for my 23’ corvette c8 are less than 50% cheaper than the pieces for this 21’ 911 - the Chinese know Porsche owners prefer to overpay for car parts —-

Quick Reply: Anyone with brushed aluminum trim ?