Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Hate my Techart HAS springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2024, 08:55 PM
Cpiguy
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Hate my Techart HAS springs

Sorry, but I’m going to post this again. I just got back from Australia and drove the car for the 1st time in 4 weeks. God, I hate this ride. My son and I are in the car modification business in Southern California. Bumper2Bumper.com. We are Techart dealers. We lowered my 2022 TTS with Techart HAS and have had not only a pretty bad choppy ride, but also the annoying clunking the poster refers to. We had the dealer take a look, and we also sent detailed photo’s to Techart, who recommended a slight modification. We uninstalled and reinstalled the springs raising the height 1/2 inch and implementing the suggestions that Techart made. All of this made absolute no difference.

It’s driving me absolutely crazy. I’m a big car guy and have lowered 20 cars in the past. This is by far the worst ride and first ever clunking I’ve experienced. By comparison, my F8 Tribuno dropped on Novitec HAS and is perfectly silent and the ride quality is incredible. Please give me your thoughts. We’re all ears

Last edited by Cpiguy; 01-26-2024 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-27-2024, 06:57 AM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

SPASM is not available on Targas so when I ordered our 992, I had Techart HAS installed on the car which has since been traded for my TTS (with SPASM). The springs were installed by our local Porsche dealer. My experience was there is no discernible difference in ride or behaviour of the car after the installation - all aesthetic…which I liked.

Old 01-27-2024, 07:26 AM
HOTCHKIS
Racer

Received 162 Likes on 86 Posts

@Cpiguy How bout they send you another set of springs to try!
Old 01-27-2024, 12:27 PM
Calbenzo
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 87 Posts

My ride is fine, even on 21"/22", but mine clunk as well. I've thought about coil overs, but my understanding is that they are not height-adjustable if you have FAL.
Old 01-27-2024, 01:44 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

I have no issues with my non adjustable Techart springs. I have SPASM from the factory too. Why not ask for non-adjustabe ones?
Old 01-27-2024, 02:05 PM
Cpiguy
Rennlist Member

Just as an update, Techart has been very helpful. They gave us several tips, none of which worked. They then replaced the springs with new ones. We reinstalled them using their suggestions, still no help. The ride quality is something I personally dislike, not a technical problem. The clunking is extremely frustrating and I can’t live with. Not sure what to try next. Thinking of going with non HAS springs and see if it goes away. Maybe we’ll try H&R’s. As I mentioned earlier, I’ve never experiences this with any other car, including my 991 TTS with Techart non HAS springs.

Last edited by Cpiguy; 01-27-2024 at 02:07 PM.
The following users liked this post:
HOTCHKIS (01-27-2024)
Old 01-27-2024, 04:14 PM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 1,926 Likes on 1,086 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpiguy
Just as an update, Techart has been very helpful. They gave us several tips, none of which worked. They then replaced the springs with new ones. We reinstalled them using their suggestions, still no help. The ride quality is something I personally dislike, not a technical problem. The clunking is extremely frustrating and I can’t live with. Not sure what to try next. Thinking of going with non HAS springs and see if it goes away. Maybe we’ll try H&R’s. As I mentioned earlier, I’ve never experiences this with any other car, including my 991 TTS with Techart non HAS springs.
The word is Techart HAS are just rebranded KW. So I advise taking those out of the equation as well. Brabus also has a HAS kit.

Do you have FAL? If so, coilovers may be an option but the fronts will be not adjustable.

Just saying.

Old 01-27-2024, 05:54 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,286 Likes on 648 Posts

There must be an helper spring on these...usually takes the clunk out. No issues with KW HAS in the past
Old 01-27-2024, 05:58 PM
GT3ZZZ
Racer

Received 160 Likes on 91 Posts

Porsche probably spent tens of $$$m on their OEM dampers and springs so what makes you think some Techart stuff might possibly be better? Especially given its just re-labelled KW.

I get engine and exhaust tuning as certain variants are often hobbled to allow space for the higher end versions above. Or to stay legal.

But ride quality?
Old 01-27-2024, 06:06 PM
Cpiguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by GT3ZZZ
Porsche probably spent tens of $$$m on their OEM dampers and springs so what makes you think some Techart stuff might possibly be better? Especially given its just re-labelled KW.

I get engine and exhaust tuning as certain variants are often hobbled to allow space for the higher end versions above. Or to stay legal.

But ride quality?
I get what you’re saying, but many guys like their cars riding lower than stock. I’ve lowered all my cars, and in many cases actually did improve ride quality. Actually, this is the first time I can remember after market springs making my ride quality worse, and having clunking sounds. Regardless, these springs are coming off the car. Just trying to decide what alternative to use.
Old 01-28-2024, 02:29 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 219 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpiguy
I get what you’re saying, but many guys like their cars riding lower than stock. I’ve lowered all my cars, and in many cases actually did improve ride quality. Actually, this is the first time I can remember after market springs making my ride quality worse, and having clunking sounds. Regardless, these springs are coming off the car. Just trying to decide what alternative to use.
Arnie, reach out to me. I'm sure we can get you all squared away with what you need.

Thanks-
Craig
- Akrapovic - BMC - TechArt - H&R - By Design - AMS - CSF - Kline - NGK - TiLugs - HRE - M Engineering - ID Injectors -
FULL SERVICE INSTALLATION FACILITY - STATE OF THE ART WIND TUNNEL DYNO - ECU TUNING
WORLD-MOTORSPORTS.COM
Old 01-31-2024, 09:54 PM
Pete C
Pro

Received 134 Likes on 67 Posts

I hate hearing when “fun” mods turn into problems.
KW’s on mine and no issues with ride quality. Every once in a while I get a minor “clunk” on a quick bump but nothing offensive. Slight clunk noise is worth the trade off for me for the drastically improved look.
Old 02-05-2024, 12:28 PM
TheDapperDriver
Rennlist Member

Received 85 Likes on 33 Posts

Yikes thats not good to hear, I also just moved from an F8 Tributo on 21/22 wheels on the Novitec adjustable spring with no issue, I just got a Turbo S and was looking into getting these springs.
Were you able to get them resolved?
Old 02-05-2024, 04:29 PM
Cpiguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheDapperDriver
Yikes thats not good to hear, I also just moved from an F8 Tributo on 21/22 wheels on the Novitec adjustable spring with no issue, I just got a Turbo S and was looking into getting these springs.
Were you able to get them resolved?
Unfortunately not. I will be replacing the Techart with something. Just haven’t figured out what. Might just throw a set of H&R springs in it.
Old 02-05-2024, 04:35 PM
sensei_tts
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 95 Posts

for me, i never go with springs for my cars and if i lower i look at adjustable coilovers. maybe consider bilstein coilovers since bilstein also makes the oem struts. the aftermarket bilstein coils support pasm and fal. if/when im ready to lower, this will be the route i go. the cost is obviously more than springs but for me, ride comfort is super important to retain. springs won't ever retain that as well as coilovers imo.

Last edited by sensei_tts; 02-05-2024 at 04:37 PM.

Quick Reply: Hate my Techart HAS springs