Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2024, 06:07 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 198 Likes on 103 Posts

Hello,
Most people dont even post their times on these boards.... or want to. Over the MANY years that I have been tuning only a few want to run times on their cars and even less want to post. I have also tuned many more cars before and after the Cayman mentioned with the 3,8 for the 24hrs of Daytona....Many Im not at privilege to say.

Generally the 992TTS we do run 9.6 quarter mile and the 991TTS run 9.9-10's stock with perhaps a filter and exhaust.

As far as the dynos.... well look at most of them as they are there for visual graphics and not actual Dynos just like whats in your owners manual or Porsche Introduction info. . There is a program that you use to graph dynos and another that has all the cars base info and you can simply add by percentage or customize it for them. Anything from a Alpha to a Porsche and even Honda's. Some of the tuners have stated they are generated and others did yet have removed it.
Now as far as the real ones.... Well I did an article for Porsche Panaroma and Excellence on how a Pine scented air freshener at the intake made 20WHP on a 997.1 NA car and imagine what I could do with a lemon scented one . You can make any car on a dyno get what you want to show or not. So I could join the masses and post the graphic ones also yet do not. I love the ones you can select the octanes and its the same graph going up or down just like we used to draw pictures in a book and flip the pages and watch it move. Any of my customer that want to post them they can and always a third party.

As far as 91 and 93 HP numbers in a DFI car Porsche's standard as posted is for 93 or 98Ron and why I post that way. You dont need a different file for 91 it simply generates less power. Prior to the DFI and Port injection and slower processors you did in the turbos make octane specific files.

I also do not offer cold start elimination or E85 for these cars. Not that I couldn't have many years ago yet its not good for the engines as the cold start is used for more than just to preheat the cats.So while I could make these files I would be knowingly making something that will shorten the engines life and choose not to. You can go on the web site and look at what options I have done for the cars dating back to the 996 and 986. These are not all of them yet the most common. I even offered launch control and mafless back in the 996TT, Rpm increases and files along with Imobilizer deletes back in the 993TT's and so on so nothing is new.

As I mentioned before give me a call if you want information on any Porsche as I have worked on them all from a 356 to a GTP and have helped people for years in racing and just some person that bought their first one looking for advise. ....

Take a look at the specs also on a 992S and GTS... another user had asked a question on them. I think it will answer itself and Im surprised no one figured it out..

Lastly have a great SuperBowl Sunday .

Best,.
Scott

24HRS Daytona Winners programmed by Softronic!

Porsche Interseries programmed along with teamed owned Tudor and World Challenge cars in an exclusive with Softronic.
Porsche PCA racing binary check by Softronic for compliance.

The following users liked this post:
catdog2 (02-11-2024)
Old 02-11-2024, 06:28 PM
Softronic
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 198 Likes on 103 Posts

I just thought I would show the Alpha section of the program... You can of course change and or add whatever you like and graph it.

catdog2 (02-11-2024)
Old 02-11-2024, 08:10 PM
piripi14
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
I mean that was over a decade ago and on a cayman, but sure. I don't see Softtronic anywhere on the draggy leader board in the 992 TTS section, correct me if I am wrong? Not even the 991 generation guys have made an impact on the 992 Turbos yet. These are not 480hp Caymans we are tuning.

@piripi14 - Your car is a rocket man! Love it.

Are you running those 1/4 times on the street or drag strip? I hope you get PTME 1100 Turbos and meth, you will be low 9s easy, you're at sea level too, so good DA?
My friend angryinch..!!! how are you, I hope you are well. Thank you very much for your words, I always follow you and I would like to buy the PTME 1000 AND THE INTERCOOLERS this year. It is the goal to take it to stage 4.
Your 60-130mph is crazy lol.

I bought the METH system, but I have not installed it, I will wait later. Charles says I need the intercooler, that's why I stopped for the moment.
I'm running on the street all the time, they haven't opened the track to test it, I'm looking forward to taking it.

That's right, the DA is around 1200 - 1400. Sometimes it drops to 900 very early in the morning, a wonder for what we are always used to, also the most pleasant temperature and you know the turbos like that.

I have been testing street races with 100 octane gasoline. It's very good, I just need to try it with 109 racing, but I would like to take advantage of it when I go to the track because it is very expensive.

A hug friend, I hope to see your tests soon.

best regards
Angryinch (02-11-2024)
Old 02-11-2024, 08:41 PM
catdog2
Rennlist Member

Received 690 Likes on 371 Posts

Scott, glad to see you defend your work and legacy. Your tunes are still running perfectly on my 911's.

The 991.2 Carrera T is the absolute monster I have to say, it has turned it into an absolute beast. Very responsive at low rpm thanks to the smaller turbos.

Both 992S's (manual and PDK) are also amazing, not a single misfire or hesitation/vibration/CEL. They pull like there's no tomorrow and have removed any want for additional performance.

Best part is cars feel stock, no weird behaviors

Last edited by catdog2; 02-11-2024 at 08:42 PM.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:09 PM
Purekoryo
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 104 Posts

Thanks for this information. Can you expand on how deleting cold affects longevity of the motor?

Also what were you referring to when you mentioned 992 S and GTS?

Originally Posted by Softronic
Hello,
Most people dont even post their times on these boards.... or want to. Over the MANY years that I have been tuning only a few want to run times on their cars and even less want to post. I have also tuned many more cars before and after the Cayman mentioned with the 3,8 for the 24hrs of Daytona....Many Im not at privilege to say.

Generally the 992TTS we do run 9.6 quarter mile and the 991TTS run 9.9-10's stock with perhaps a filter and exhaust.

As far as the dynos.... well look at most of them as they are there for visual graphics and not actual Dynos just like whats in your owners manual or Porsche Introduction info. . There is a program that you use to graph dynos and another that has all the cars base info and you can simply add by percentage or customize it for them. Anything from a Alpha to a Porsche and even Honda's. Some of the tuners have stated they are generated and others did yet have removed it.
Now as far as the real ones.... Well I did an article for Porsche Panaroma and Excellence on how a Pine scented air freshener at the intake made 20WHP on a 997.1 NA car and imagine what I could do with a lemon scented one . You can make any car on a dyno get what you want to show or not. So I could join the masses and post the graphic ones also yet do not. I love the ones you can select the octanes and its the same graph going up or down just like we used to draw pictures in a book and flip the pages and watch it move. Any of my customer that want to post them they can and always a third party.

As far as 91 and 93 HP numbers in a DFI car Porsche's standard as posted is for 93 or 98Ron and why I post that way. You dont need a different file for 91 it simply generates less power. Prior to the DFI and Port injection and slower processors you did in the turbos make octane specific files.

I also do not offer cold start elimination or E85 for these cars. Not that I couldn't have many years ago yet its not good for the engines as the cold start is used for more than just to preheat the cats.So while I could make these files I would be knowingly making something that will shorten the engines life and choose not to. You can go on the web site and look at what options I have done for the cars dating back to the 996 and 986. These are not all of them yet the most common. I even offered launch control and mafless back in the 996TT, Rpm increases and files along with Imobilizer deletes back in the 993TT's and so on so nothing is new.

As I mentioned before give me a call if you want information on any Porsche as I have worked on them all from a 356 to a GTP and have helped people for years in racing and just some person that bought their first one looking for advise. ....

Take a look at the specs also on a 992S and GTS... another user had asked a question on them. I think it will answer itself and Im surprised no one figured it out..

Lastly have a great SuperBowl Sunday .

Best,.
Scott

Last edited by Purekoryo; 02-11-2024 at 10:23 PM.
Old 02-12-2024, 02:15 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,266 Likes on 729 Posts

Scott, no one is intentionally trying to knock you. There is just limited info out there. I haven't seen anyone running your tunes in the Turbo realm. When I read your website there was very limited info on it, I see now its been updated with a bit more info, which is good. (Perhaps some draggy info or dyno info would be good?)

Data logging is a big thing for me. Whenever I do any racing or draggy runs, Im always logging and recording the results and the log.

If anyone is running Scott tunes in a Turbo S, Id love to see some results, draggy runs, 1/4 etc.
Old 05-29-2024, 01:56 PM
Ceec eh
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Touchy
Old 06-02-2024, 11:38 AM
Dicecal
Instructor

Received 131 Likes on 70 Posts

Have a 24 TTS inbound and would consider a tune on the milder side, what is the consensus on a safe HP level that will keep the rest of the factory drivetrain happy?
Old 06-02-2024, 12:47 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,266 Likes on 729 Posts

Stage 2 all day long. Good 93 fuel, air filters, turbo inlets and exhaust. Hard to beat for the results!
The following 2 users liked this post by Angryinch:
Dicecal (06-02-2024), NigelPlays (06-03-2024)

Quick Reply: Softronic vs M-Engineering