Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

911 shipping on the ship

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2023, 05:38 PM
Bosaoud
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 911 shipping on the ship

Hello, I have questions. How is the Porsche loaded on the ship? Is it placed in containers? Or is it exposed? Is it covered? My car was supposed to arrive on 10/24 but was delayed I think due to the weather
Old 10-31-2023, 07:01 PM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 170 Posts

They are driven onto the ship and then "tied down" for the crossing, then driven off the ship. From the port they're typically trucked to the dealer (I think usually in enclosed trailers, but perhaps not always). They will have whatever protective films and padding are applied at the factory (hunt around for pre-delivery pictures to see what I'm talking about).
Old 10-31-2023, 11:16 PM
Bosaoud
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Just J
They are driven onto the ship and then "tied down" for the crossing, then driven off the ship. From the port they're typically trucked to the dealer (I think usually in enclosed trailers, but perhaps not always). They will have whatever protective films and padding are applied at the factory (hunt around for pre-delivery pictures to see what I'm talking about).
In my country there is no follow up on my Porsche for pre-delivery viewing. Really unfortunate thing
Old 11-01-2023, 08:14 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 762 Likes on 481 Posts

It can sit out at the shipping transport company dock in the rain and snow until they are loaded, sometimes for weeks, the ships are large and open with many decks, there was a show on Discovery Channel on one of the ships that Porsche uses.
The following users liked this post:
Bosaoud (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 08:24 AM
Bosaoud
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hcvone
It can sit out at the shipping transport company dock in the rain and snow until they are loaded, sometimes for weeks, the ships are large and open with many decks, there was a show on Discovery Channel on one of the ships that Porsche uses.
Thanks. I'm interested in the details. I wish I could find this video
Old 11-01-2023, 10:35 AM
Just J
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Bosaoud
Thanks. I'm interested in the details. I wish I could find this video
is one. Skip to 13 minutes for the loading/unloading process. Note that as far as I know, VAG doesn't use the ones with cars on the top deck, effectively outside the ship; all the cars are inside the ship.

is another one that is of a specific ship that VAG uses. Note that the video title says that it is of the Felicity Ace, a ship that transports Porsches and other VAG vehicles, but the name painted on the stern of the vessel shown is not Felicity Ace. However, it does appear to be the same model of RORO vessel.

Last edited by Just J; 11-01-2023 at 03:15 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Bosaoud (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 05:30 PM
Bosaoud
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Just J
Here is one. Skip to 13 minutes for the loading/unloading process. Note that as far as I know, VAG doesn't use the ones with cars on the top deck, effectively outside the ship; all the cars are inside the ship.

Here is another one that is of a specific ship that VAG uses. Note that the video title says that it is of the Felicity Ace, a ship that transports Porsches and other VAG vehicles, but the name painted on the stern of the vessel shown is not Felicity Ace. However, it does appear to be the same model of RORO vessel.
amazing

Quick Reply: 911 shipping on the ship