Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Frustrating buying journey

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2023, 11:05 AM
ER911S
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 136 Posts

This really sucks to be treated this way when you spend this kind of money. Hard to believe this type of incompetence and greed still goes on..
On the positive side, I see that your Florida spot is Naples. As BRuss stated, they are top notch but they obviously have a long wait list. I have a personal relationship with the owner and happy to introduce you to him when you are in Naples. They will take care of you and are straight up. I even gave my TTS spot to a forum member so he could get his car as if I remember correctly, he was getting the run around from his northern dealer. I sent you a PM with my contact info.
Old 01-23-2024, 04:12 PM
Minisoda
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 21 Posts

Quick follow up here... the rep called last week to update me as the car is moving to production soon. He's been great and we chatted for a while. I ultimately walked him through the experience again, along with the fact that I couldn't even do the PPF with them because I was taking delivery at ATL PEC. I said if they treated me right that I would be a long time customer ... said I'd be happy to write a $15k check to hold a spot in line for the next GT3 allocation or even purchase another warranty/product from them that I would actually use.

Long story short, he went to work and called back a few days later letting me know that they would remove both PPF and the watch. He "recommended" a wheel and tire warranty for a few grand (that I would never buy normally) and I said "deal".

Not sure if it's the market softening or the GM found religion, but either way happy with the outcome and they're on their way to having a long term client if it continues going well.
Old 01-23-2024, 07:33 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,744 Likes on 974 Posts

Name the dealer
Old 01-23-2024, 07:54 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by Minisoda
He "recommended" a wheel and tire warranty for a few grand (that I would never buy normally) and I said "deal".
I am learning the hard way the wheel and tire warranty is worth it. The wife2.0 managed to split the sidewall for the 7th time in 3 years on her E350 (weak *** Continental run flats) and so I let her use my SQ8 while I removed the wheel and took it to get replaced.By the time I picked up the new mounted tire the next day she had already curbed the hell out of my new Vossen 22" front drivers wheel.
Old 01-23-2024, 08:13 PM
PHX
Burning Brakes

Received 704 Likes on 455 Posts

Originally Posted by eclou
I am learning the hard way the wheel and tire warranty is worth it. The wife2.0 managed to split the sidewall for the 7th time in 3 years on her E350 (weak *** Continental run flats) and so I let her use my SQ8 while I removed the wheel and took it to get replaced.By the time I picked up the new mounted tire the next day she had already curbed the hell out of my new Vossen 22" front drivers wheel.
This might be a "wife3.0" story....
Old 01-23-2024, 08:43 PM
3-Pedals
Rennlist Member

Received 1,744 Likes on 974 Posts

time for a subaru for her
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (01-23-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 09:47 AM
HOTCHKIS
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 100 Posts

that sucks!
Old 01-24-2024, 02:00 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 608 Posts

Originally Posted by PHX
This might be a "wife3.0" story....
wife.1 - cold start issues, unreliable, high fuel consumption, erratic performance, NVH unacceptable. Irish/German manufacture, always requiring service, not tunable, out of warranty from the beginning

wife.2 - instant start, somewhat reliable, very economical despite being from Italian/German manufacture, outstanding performance and tunable, minimal service requirements

Given the circumstances I'll let her keep trashing tires and wheels, just adding that insurance to all the future cars

The following 2 users liked this post by eclou:
HOTCHKIS (01-24-2024), PHX (01-25-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 09:59 PM
Johnauto
Racer

Received 93 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Minisoda
Quick follow up here... the rep called last week to update me as the car is moving to production soon. He's been great and we chatted for a while. I ultimately walked him through the experience again, along with the fact that I couldn't even do the PPF with them because I was taking delivery at ATL PEC. I said if they treated me right that I would be a long time customer ... said I'd be happy to write a $15k check to hold a spot in line for the next GT3 allocation or even purchase another warranty/product from them that I would actually use.

Long story short, he went to work and called back a few days later letting me know that they would remove both PPF and the watch. He "recommended" a wheel and tire warranty for a few grand (that I would never buy normally) and I said "deal".

Not sure if it's the market softening or the GM found religion, but either way happy with the outcome and they're on their way to having a long term client if it continues going well.
Laughed at the GM found religion line.

Quick Reply: Frustrating buying journey