Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

911 Turbo Suspension HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2023, 08:46 PM
Cpiguy
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 34 Posts
Default 911 Turbo Suspension HELP

Hey guys, I’ve looked around and can’t find any specific information on suspension options for a 2022 Turbo S. I currently have Techart Adjustable Springs and absolutely hate the ride. The best way to describe it is extremely choppy… My Ferrari F8 has a very stiff ride, but it’s not noisy, bouncy and choppy. I’m ready to install any other set of springs that do a better job. Any suggestions???
Old 09-07-2023, 08:35 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 771 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Cpiguy
Hey guys, I’ve looked around and can’t find any specific information on suspension options for a 2022 Turbo S. I currently have Techart Adjustable Springs and absolutely hate the ride. The best way to describe it is extremely choppy… My Ferrari F8 has a very stiff ride, but it’s not noisy, bouncy and choppy. I’m ready to install any other set of springs that do a better job. Any suggestions???
Don't all Porsche's have a choppy ride? The 992's are WAY better but still have some choppiness compared to all my other cars. I have Techart sport springs, I thought I had the Techart adjustable spring set, the biggest difference between the two is the Techart sport springs use the stock Porsche bushings rather than the new supplied by Techart bushings, which some have said makes noises. My car rides really no different than stock, as soon as DSC comes out with the controller for the suspension it will ride like a caddy, well not really. Here is my car lowered for over 2 years now

The following users liked this post:
MovingChicane (03-25-2024)
Old 09-07-2023, 11:18 AM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

I would have the installation re-checked. I have the non-adjustable Techart springs and its not much different than stock. No creaks
Old 09-07-2023, 03:00 PM
sensei_tts
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 95 Posts

i have no experience with aftermarket suspension on my tts. but in shopping around i'm looking for something that would maintain electronic damping adjustability. saw the post from @FLT6SPD that he's running bilstein's which maintain oem functionality. so if/when i'm ready i plan to try these. good luck.

​​​​​​Bilstein Evo SE coilovers (the correct 49-320657 for Turbo S/Cab, not 49-300581 that some vendors sell for the Turbo and will fit but are valved for the C/S/GTS)
Old 09-07-2023, 05:52 PM
FLT6SPD
Rennlist Member

Received 650 Likes on 290 Posts

@sensei_tts The Bilstien Evo 49-320657 have been great, OEM feel, no bounciness, no noise, perfect drop!! Corner balanced as well. Definitely would buy again.

Originally Posted by sensei_tts
i have no experience with aftermarket suspension on my tts. but in shopping around i'm looking for something that would maintain electronic damping adjustability. saw the post from @FLT6SPD that he's running bilstein's which maintain oem functionality. so if/when i'm ready i plan to try these. good luck.

​​​​​​Bilstein Evo SE coilovers (the correct 49-320657 for Turbo S/Cab, not 49-300581 that some vendors sell for the Turbo and will fit but are valved for the C/S/GTS)
The following 3 users liked this post by FLT6SPD:
MovingChicane (03-25-2024), Pad Bender (09-07-2023), sensei_tts (09-08-2023)
Old 09-07-2023, 10:10 PM
DKM
Instructor

Received 115 Likes on 42 Posts

I did H&R's and love it. There's a couple threads with pics of my car. Nice ride, no noise(possible they didn't torque bolts correctly) and no chop. If you're ever in Vegas we can take it for a spin and you can see what's up.
Old 09-08-2023, 03:10 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Bilstein coilovers are very popular with us.

We also have Ohlins.

Coils are ride better than springs in my opinion.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
BC Forged / Soul Performance / Akrapovic / Bilstein / HRE / AL13 / CSF + more

Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Old 09-08-2023, 11:03 AM
cavemanmoore
Instructor

Received 59 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by hcvone
Don't all Porsche's have a choppy ride? The 992's are WAY better but still have some choppiness compared to all my other cars. I have Techart sport springs, I thought I had the Techart adjustable spring set, the biggest difference between the two is the Techart sport springs use the stock Porsche bushings rather than the new supplied by Techart bushings, which some have said makes noises. My car rides really no different than stock, as soon as DSC comes out with the controller for the suspension it will ride like a caddy, well not really. Here is my car lowered for over 2 years now

Your car is stunning!
Old 09-08-2023, 01:39 PM
sensei_tts
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
Bilstein coilovers are very popular with us.

We also have Ohlins.

Coils are ride better than springs in my opinion.

-Josh
nice, do the ohlins maintain pasm like the bilsteins?
Old 09-09-2023, 01:17 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 197 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by sensei_tts
nice, do the ohlins maintain pasm like the bilsteins?
They do not.

-Josh
sensei_tts (09-11-2023)
Old 10-09-2023, 04:47 PM
Cpiguy
Rennlist Member

Thank guys. Not sure how to proceed, but I appreciate the feedback. Here’s a picture of my car.

Meraki Autoworks (10-10-2023)
Old 10-10-2023, 07:53 PM
sensei_tts
Rennlist Member

Thank guys. Not sure how to proceed, but I appreciate the feedback. Here’s a picture of my car.
based on what you described, the feedback from others and options....if it were me and i was looking for something else to try it would be Bilstien Evo 49-32065. Bilstein makes the oem shocks, they are ride height adjustable and keep the factory pasm functionality. the ride dynamically changes depending on drive mode selected. i personally like the pasm adjustablilty for when my kids ride with me. they're prone to motion sickness so normal mode until we get to the backroads, then sport +, then back to normal once done with the run.
Old 10-10-2023, 09:28 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 162 Posts

Originally Posted by Meraki Autoworks
They do not.

-Josh
What are spring rates for the Bilsteins compared to OEM? Just figured they aren't too different from OEM and why bother.
How adjustable are Ohlins on the fly for rebound damping adjustment say at the track? The fronts should be easily adjusted but rear should be a major pain.
Old 10-11-2023, 12:48 PM
eclou
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1,226 Likes on 599 Posts

OP have you driven another 992 turbo with lowering springs or had another owner drive yours? I still think there may have been an installation error
Old 10-11-2023, 02:23 PM
Cpiguy
Rennlist Member

Yeah, my son and I are in the business. www.bumper2bumper.com . We've double checked the installation and worked with Techart to ensure thing are set up properly. Other guys on this forum have experienced similar issues. The clunking could be from the front being set to low. Issue is that even set at the lowest setting, the front still sits a little high. It could use another 1/2 drop. The bigger frustration for me is the choppy ride. I find it very annoying. My F8 dropped on Novitec adjustable springs rides far better.

Quick Reply: 911 Turbo Suspension HELP