Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

brakes are properly bedded now, whew

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2023, 12:40 PM
sensei_tts
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 95 Posts
Default brakes are properly bedded now, whew

took delivery couple weeks ago and it's been sitting waiting for ppf. bedding the brakes properly was on my mind so threw on some track armor ppf and went for it. what a crazy **** procedure and unless you have a lot of paved land, how the heck are you supposed to do this legally? lol. found me a place in a commercial district away from residential. went late at night. after completing phase 2 and heading for a cool off drive, a leo passed me in that area. prob due to reports of some crazy dude speeding around. so completed the last two phases elsewhere. good amount of transfer, but hard to see it in this pic. i didn't do all speeds exactly by the book but stayed super close. should be good to go! can't wait for ppf then it's on like donkey kong!!

everyone is bedding their brakes properly, right? it's super important to do from the get go imo.

Last edited by sensei_tts; 06-09-2023 at 06:04 PM.
The following users liked this post:
RD16RR (06-10-2023)
Old 06-10-2023, 10:56 AM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 205 Posts

they did this at the shop as part of pdi
Old 06-11-2023, 02:43 AM
sensei_tts
Rennlist Member

Received 229 Likes on 95 Posts

nice. my car came off freight/transport with 11 miles and i took delivery with 15 miles after pdi so only 4 miles added which included a trip to a detailer nearby. the bedding procedure calls for at least 6.5 miles of cool down driving. i also inspected the rotors after delivery and didn't see any transfer but i do now post bedding.

Quick Reply: brakes are properly bedded now, whew