Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 Turbo and Turbo S (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turbo-and-turbo-s-258/)
-   -   Allocations for 2023 Builds (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turbo-and-turbo-s/1340519-allocations-for-2023-builds.html)

Angryinch 04-13-2023 11:01 PM

Damn, that build is similar to mine, I have more options, but I would have thought that went higher. The sport pkg has been hard to get...

It seems the heritage interior cars go for big money... Maybe I should have spec'd the heritage interior instead of the LW package LOL.

chance6 04-15-2023 10:03 PM

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals (Post 18743404)
I think thats a really good price given the miles and given where the market is. I have a few more data points:

- There is a lw package car in florida with 800 miles just sold for $9k over msrp (and I think car has full PPF)
- A dealer sold a 3,000 mile car $8k over msrp that has CPO (so really $4k over given the CPO cost)
- Another dealer (whom shall remain nameless) who was very arrogant 1 month ago asking almost $40k over has come down to $11k over (car has roughly over 1,000 miles)

These are the notable ones. There are several others that have reduced their prices from $45-50k over down to $25k over but not selling.

I would not pay a penny over msrp given how much easier it has gotten to get allocations. Wait another month and these cars will go for even lower.

I had appraisal on my TTS today done for fun. Trade-in value is MSRP.

3-Pedals 04-15-2023 10:11 PM

Originally Posted by chance6 (Post 18747278)
I had appraisal on my TTS today done for fun. Trade-in value is MSRP.

Was it for a cash buy out or trade towards another car? "For fun" might be the issue if the other party knows you won't go through with it. I had gotten my car appraised from multiple dealerships, not one of them got to MSRP unless trade was involved. As soon as trade was involved, they did give me MSRP but the car that was in question had highly inflated price.

In either case, it doesn't matter what you and I think. The prices of all other cars are all over price. Ferrari 812s that were auctioning $150-200k over MSRP is now going for $60-90k under msrp. 720S sold for $160,000 under MSRP with very low miles. Porsches tend to do better but they arent invincible to the trends.

Another market benchmark is the 997 GT2 market that is the holy grail of that generation (with other exception being the GT3). Those cars were going for $350-360k, last one sold for $230k.

I personally wouldn't care at all if I had liked the car and was going to keep it. For instance, I couldnt care less about what the value of GT3RS is. I dont ever plan to sell it. TTS price trends matter(ed) to me because I had no plans to keep it. Everyone is different. Just please don't pay over MSRP for one. If you have excess money and you dont know what to do with it, donate it for a good cause.

Manifold 04-16-2023 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals (Post 18747286)
Was it for a cash buy out or trade towards another car? "For fun" might be the issue if the other party knows you won't go through with it. I had gotten my car appraised from multiple dealerships, not one of them got to MSRP unless trade was involved. As soon as trade was involved, they did give me MSRP but the car that was in question had highly inflated price.

In either case, it doesn't matter what you and I think. The prices of all other cars are all over price. Ferrari 812s that were auctioning $150-200k over MSRP is now going for $60-90k under msrp. 720S sold for $160,000 under MSRP with very low miles. Porsches tend to do better but they arent invincible to the trends.

Another market benchmark is the 997 GT2 market that is the holy grail of that generation (with other exception being the GT3). Those cars were going for $350-360k, last one sold for $230k.

I personally wouldn't care at all if I had liked the car and was going to keep it. For instance, I couldnt care less about what the value of GT3RS is. I dont ever plan to sell it. TTS price trends matter(ed) to me because I had no plans to keep it. Everyone is different. Just please don't pay over MSRP for one. If you have excess money and you dont know what to do with it, donate it for a good cause.

I’m curious, why do you continue to follow price trends on the TTS so closely, now that you’ve decided you don’t want the car and are not in the market to buy or sell one?

3-Pedals 04-16-2023 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by Manifold (Post 18747690)
I’m curious, why do you continue to follow price trends on the TTS so closely, now that you’ve decided you don’t want the car and are not in the market to buy or sell one?

You have to know the price trends if you are trying to sell a car…

Manifold 04-16-2023 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals (Post 18747783)
You have to know the price trends if you are trying to sell a car…

You haven't already sold yours?

3-Pedals 04-16-2023 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by Manifold (Post 18747786)
You haven't already sold yours?

Not until very recently. I stopped paying attention couple of days ago. I was responding to someone’s comment. Was that not allowed?

Would you have preferred I made propaganda posts like fake dealer sales people accounts here do to get everyone all riled up about how there are no allocations? You do know by now people do that I hope…

Manifold 04-16-2023 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals (Post 18747793)
Not until very recently. I stopped paying attention couple of days ago. I was responding to someone’s comment. Was that not allowed?

Would you have preferred I made propaganda posts like fake dealer sales people accounts here do to get everyone all riled up about how there are no allocations? You do know by now people do that I hope…

No worries, I thought you sold it a while back.

You’re right, there’s plenty of hype about scarcity and prices staying high forever. Dealers and flippers are cashing in.

Angryinch 04-16-2023 11:46 AM

There are new TTS sitting on showrooms in Canada now. First time ever. Two or three, I think. Some are pretty nicely optioned too.

We have luxury tax here now, extra $30k. Gross. But sign of the times, there has never been a new TTS sitting on the floor for the last two years.