Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   992 Turbo and Turbo S (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turbo-and-turbo-s-258/)
-   -   Allocations for 2023 Builds (https://rennlist.com/forums/992-turbo-and-turbo-s/1340519-allocations-for-2023-builds.html)

chance6 03-21-2023 12:53 AM

Originally Posted by ILL_SMO_Q (Post 18697354)
If this was at all confusing, I'll clarify this one a bit. With certainty I had a 2022 TS allocation at MSRP, which I bought, but POSSIBLY I also had another 2022 Turbo S from that chicagoland dealership, that I backed out of, because I didnt want to get stuck with 2 TurboS's if both dealerships had been able to secure me one. Both were definitely at MSRP. Now PORSCHE gave me a 2023 Turbo S allocation, that I was allowed to give to ANY authorized Porsche dealership. I 'shopped' it around a bit, between 1 dealer about 2 hours away, 1 dealer that serviced my Turbo S, and my original selling dealer to see if anyone would sell me one at INVOICE, since it was MY allocation to give, not theirs, but I realized that was looking a gift horse in the mouth, and quickly abandoned the notion that I could use my own allocation to get it at invoice. I did panic, and started to worry that I would be stuck holding the bag on a 2023 Turbo S cab, that may depreciate below msrp the minute I got it, BUT I also knew how much I loved my 22 Turbo S, that I would basically order the same thing over again, but with a few more options (mine was pretty maxed out though). So it came down to selling dealership or Service Dealership on who would order me my '23 TS Cab. Service Dealership was happy to do it, BUT Selling dealership said 'I know we couldnt get you that GT3 RS, BUT I just got a performance/free allocation from porsche for a '23 GT3, if you want I'll trade you the TS cab allocation you have, for the GT3 allocation I just got.... and the rest is history. There is obviously an elephant in the room, an obvious question, that I unfortunately wont be able to answer, because that would lead to even more disbelief, and I just dont see the point.

My user name is used on other forums, its used on my instagram and its even been my license plate on a few cars. I can't recall ever being accused of being a liar on any forum... a few have accused me of just being very lucky.

WTF?
C'mon man. Either you are Derek Bell or Peter North.

ILL_SMO_Q 03-21-2023 01:07 AM

Originally Posted by chance6 (Post 18697720)
WTF?
C'mon man. Either you are Derek Bell or Peter North.

I'm clearly not either of them, nor am I cool enough to even know who either is.

That said, I'll tell my version of your 'I'm 57 scoring chicks' story, that you'll think is made up, but I'll provide the proof ... after I get my GT3 lol... honestly this thread has woken me up to the fact that I scored big time.. lol. I STILL stand by my original statement, Turbo S's can be had for MSRP... lol... buuut my GT3 at MSRP was a combination of help from Porsche North America, and my original selling Dealership wanting to hook me up, because I DO have a relationship with them.. sometimes people matter.. not just dollar signs.... But what good is this story, if I dont show you photos of this hot chick... right?? Maybe me even banging the gears a bit... lol..

Again, its been a fun conversation, I didnt really think it was that big of a deal I got a Turbo S @ msrp, and a GT3 at MSRP... but I'll tell the story in my own thread... in a few weeks after the GT3 arrives safely in my garage...

McNamara 03-21-2023 02:05 AM

Originally Posted by 3-Pedals (Post 18697399)
Ok. Financially speaking, there are two sides to this:

1- Dealership : By getting a free allocation, they have made an extra TTS sale that helps them in terms of making a profit up front of $30-35k and a $10k kickback in year end if their ratings are good. So from their perspective, they have given you a GT3 but made $45k extra in return.

2- You : You could have gotten the TTS and sold it in free market with delivery miles for $30-35k over MSRP.

So you didnt get a GT3 allocation for free. You have also lost $10k on your blue TTS (actually you lost quite a bit more but lets not go there).

I think overall you have done fantastic all things considered.

You sound quite triggered.

bpeacock 03-21-2023 02:35 PM

Had a Cali store I work with offer me a Turbo S Cab allocation, June build, 30k over MSRP ask. Not sure how that's priced relative to the market, just figured I'd offer.

chance6 03-21-2023 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by bpeacock (Post 18698591)
Had a Cali store I work with offer me a Turbo S Cab allocation, June build, 30k over MSRP ask. Not sure how that's priced relative to the market, just figured I'd offer.

Imagine that!! An ADM!!

Rescue a PitBull 03-24-2023 05:33 PM

Is $25k over for a TTS build (June/July delivery) "fair" in today's market?

bpeacock 03-24-2023 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Rescue a PitBull (Post 18705136)

I definitely have some stores asking 25-30k over MSRP. I think I could probably get one for a little less though. If I had a buyer for one I think my stores would help me out a bit.

VintageRacer 03-24-2023 07:53 PM

I say hell no.

Have you guys not noticed the financial correction that is happening? A few banks are broken. Have you seen the anti-gas car politicians saying that gas cars are going to kill us all?

I am stuck with a 2023 Porsche Turbo that I ordered a year ago. I paid MSRP and was lucky to get one.
https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...eefb3bd568.png

it's a great car. It's been at Werks Reunion at Amelia.
https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/rennlis...dfd773f09a.jpg
It's a Porsche 911

jameson 03-26-2023 03:58 PM

Better than I have seen anywhere in the NE.

Overdraft 03-26-2023 05:18 PM

For what it’s worth, we were in finalizing our options for our TTS at the dealer yesterday before it locks and our sales executive advised us that 2024 would be the 992.2 starting with Turbo and Turbo S in some sort of hybrid form to start. With that - and IF indeed his information is correct - the 2023/ 2024 will be a staggered year in the transition with potentially longer production of the 2023 but that it would be the last TTS in all ICE iteration. I was asked then if I wanted to pass on my allocation and take one for next spring and I declined. Much like my luck in clicking on the Touring option when building my 991.2 GT3T back in the day, the stars may have aligned for me to timing on the one as well. Conceptually…I am not enamoured with the hybrid concept but we’ll see…and enjoy this car as we learn about the technology coming.

usctrojanGT3 03-26-2023 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Angryinch (Post 18697172)
^ Only guy in America to get a TTS and GT3 at MSRP.

I got a GT3 Touring and GT4RS at MSRP from my US dealer. People getting cars at MSRP may not be the norm in today's world but it's not that uncommon either.

thecutter64 03-26-2023 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 (Post 18708344)
I got a GT3 Touring and GT4RS at MSRP from my US dealer. People getting cars at MSRP may not be the norm in today's world but it's not that uncommon either.

I offered to buy an unspoken for car. I was told they wanted to offer it to locals first so they can get their trade in. Otherwise , they will sell it $50 over!

chance6 03-26-2023 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by Overdraft (Post 18708288)
For what it’s worth, we were in finalizing our options for our TTS at the dealer yesterday before it locks and our sales executive advised us that 2024 would be the 992.2 starting with Turbo and Turbo S in some sort of hybrid form to start. With that - and IF indeed his information is correct - the 2023/ 2024 will be a staggered year in the transition with potentially longer production of the 2023 but that it would be the last TTS in all ICE iteration. I was asked then if I wanted to pass on my allocation and take one for next spring and I declined. Much like my luck in clicking on the Touring option when building my 991.2 GT3T back in the day, the stars may have aligned for me to timing on the one as well. Conceptually…I am not enamoured with the hybrid concept but we’ll see…and enjoy this car as we learn about the technology coming.

So they wanted you to take a 992.2 Hybrid? And you went with the 992.1 current model?

Overdraft 03-27-2023 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by chance6 (Post 18708581)
So they wanted you to take a 992.2 Hybrid? And you went with the 992.1 current model?

NO…they have multiple guys on their ‘list’ so if I preferred to wait to get the 992.2 I could do so as I chose the ‘all ice’ with the current model and his take of the transition we all know is to happen at one point. They were more concerned I would be happy with my new car and not frustrated that IF this indeed the change over year, I (their customer) wouldn’t feel like I had missed out on buying the perceived latest and greatest. For context, my trade is highly sought after (Targa 4S) and they would be deferring that for their inventory .

The point is NOT my preference of iterations of a TTS or IF his information is correct but rather if a reader has some options to pursue real time, they have another data point to make a fully informed decision (for them) using information reported by someone they don’t know - getting information from someone they don’t know - who reiterated what they had heard - from a source that I don’t know of - off the internet.

ILL_SMO_Q 03-27-2023 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by usctrojanGT3 (Post 18708344)

that is ABSOLUTELY not allowed... lol... SOMEONE got so triggered by me, they reached out to my Sales Manager via Email... too funny... He promptly ignored them...