This is the 992 Turbo S in Ice Grey Metallic

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2023, 09:58 AM
triplekg
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 33 Posts

Turbo S incoming with Same colour!

The following 2 users liked this post by triplekg:
Angryinch (02-03-2023), chance6 (01-06-2024)
Old 02-11-2023, 01:52 PM
Mr. J
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Since several people have this color on order, I thought I would share a couple photos of my TTS that I just took delivery of last month. These two are from this past week when picking it up after a full PPF wrap. No regrets at all on choosing ice grey metallic. I opted for the lightweight package as well....not so much for the absolute weight savings but to change the character of the car. So far absolutely loving the car!

The following 2 users liked this post by Mr. J:
heshalosny (02-14-2023), Laineyp (02-24-2024)
Old 02-11-2023, 06:01 PM
jeremylewin
Advanced

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

Mr. J, thanks for posting this. I saw a turbo in ice grey metallic at my local dealer and I thought it looked great. They had a chalk GT3 in the showroom as well, and I thought the ice grey suited the turbo, but might be a little bit too elegant on a model like the Carrera T. Seeing the two next to each other, I ended up choosing chalk for my Carrera T order. I had ordered PTS Auratium Green, but when PTS was cancelled, I was left very uncertain what to get. I love chalk, and my only hesitation was how popular it is lately. Then I realized in Chicago I've only seen a couple of chalk 911's in person in the wild (outside of dealerships). Very excited to get the car next month, but also still disappointed about PTS.
Old 02-11-2023, 06:03 PM
jeremylewin
Advanced

Received 87 Likes on 33 Posts

In follow up my post about the ice grey being too "elegant" for a car like the Carrera T, in person ice grey was very pearlescent. Again, this looked great on the turbo I saw, but I was concerned it might be a bit fancy and glittery for a car like the T.
Old 02-11-2023, 07:07 PM
triplekg
Racer

Received 83 Likes on 33 Posts

LOVE it...

Mine comes April with Red interior.

It looks like Carrera White but on steriods

Old 02-12-2023, 05:58 AM
Lofvis
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 17 Posts

Mine was suppose to come April/May and now pushed May/June.
Excited as I have gone more for a black on ice grey build.
Old 02-12-2023, 11:56 AM
IDRINKV8
Instructor

Received 65 Likes on 34 Posts

Looks good, I was debating between Arctic Grey or Ice Grey Mettalic... In the end went with Arctic Grey.
Old 02-12-2023, 02:32 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,138 Likes on 675 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr. J
Since several people have this color on order, I thought I would share a couple photos of my TTS that I just took delivery of last month. These two are from this past week when picking it up after a full PPF wrap. No regrets at all on choosing ice grey metallic. I opted for the lightweight package as well....not so much for the absolute weight savings but to change the character of the car. So far absolutely loving the car!

How loud is it in the cabin?

I see you got the 18ways with the LW package?

Is the back window glass foggy or clear?
Old 02-12-2023, 04:28 PM
Mr. J
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
How loud is it in the cabin?

I see you got the 18ways with the LW package?

Is the back window glass foggy or clear?
I would say in normal mode it reminds me of my 991.1 GTS that I sold prior to getting this car, not in any way too loud or uncomfortable. When in sport mode (or sport+) with the sport exhaust activated, it sounds pretty mean inside the cabin. I guess all that sound comes into the cabin with no back seat and less sound deadening. I actually think it's great and don't anticipate ever having the need to change the exhaust. Overall I'm happy I opted for the lightweight package as it gives the car a little character.

Yes I opted for the 18-ways. The buckets were available when my car was built and I tried them at the dealership in a 992 GT3 (surprisingly they seemed fine for me as I'm 6'5" and wouldn't characterize myself as skinny). But my wife and the sales manager talked me out of getting the buckets....maybe it's for the best as I'm not getting any younger! On the plus side of the 18-ways I have great comfort along with heating and ventilation making it a great street car that I'm sure I will enjoy. One way to look at it is having the best of both worlds.....some character with the lightweight package (sound, suspension, steering code, etc.) along with a little luxury and comfort to enjoy the car on the street and road trips.

I haven't noticed any fogginess or difference from my previous 911 and that is driving it during the day as well as night. But I'll try to look closer the next time I drive it.
Old 02-12-2023, 09:22 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,138 Likes on 675 Posts

I seen steering code for LW pkg on my build sheet, what does that mean? Some internal notes so the steering programming is adjusted for the less weight?

Originally Posted by Mr. J
I would say in normal mode it reminds me of my 991.1 GTS that I sold prior to getting this car, not in any way too loud or uncomfortable. When in sport mode (or sport+) with the sport exhaust activated, it sounds pretty mean inside the cabin. I guess all that sound comes into the cabin with no back seat and less sound deadening. I actually think it's great and don't anticipate ever having the need to change the exhaust. Overall I'm happy I opted for the lightweight package as it gives the car a little character.

Yes I opted for the 18-ways. The buckets were available when my car was built and I tried them at the dealership in a 992 GT3 (surprisingly they seemed fine for me as I'm 6'5" and wouldn't characterize myself as skinny). But my wife and the sales manager talked me out of getting the buckets....maybe it's for the best as I'm not getting any younger! On the plus side of the 18-ways I have great comfort along with heating and ventilation making it a great street car that I'm sure I will enjoy. One way to look at it is having the best of both worlds.....some character with the lightweight package (sound, suspension, steering code, etc.) along with a little luxury and comfort to enjoy the car on the street and road trips.

I haven't noticed any fogginess or difference from my previous 911 and that is driving it during the day as well as night. But I'll try to look closer the next time I drive it.
Old 01-06-2024, 04:12 PM
Muhney
Rennlist Member

Received 430 Likes on 188 Posts

The following users liked this post:
MovingChicane (01-06-2024)
Old 01-06-2024, 08:01 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 320 Likes on 161 Posts

Wow....great pics, and thanks to all who have posted. I have Turbo S allocation that locks on 2/29/24....and I'm torn between Arctic Grey and Ice Grey Metallic....I love the Arctic Grey on the Turbo S....but Ice Grey Metallic is definitely growing on my....I'll probably need for a 3'rd party to decide for me....
The following users liked this post:
chance6 (01-06-2024)
Old 01-06-2024, 09:54 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
Wow....great pics, and thanks to all who have posted. I have Turbo S allocation that locks on 2/29/24....and I'm torn between Arctic Grey and Ice Grey Metallic....I love the Arctic Grey on the Turbo S....but Ice Grey Metallic is definitely growing on my....I'll probably need for a 3'rd party to decide for me....
My turbo s locks January 25th...going with IGM. I too originally wanted Artic grey....but was very similar to my wife's X7 Davit grey and many other brands have similar. ICM...no other brand has something similar.
Old 01-06-2024, 10:43 PM
RUF RS
Burning Brakes

Received 320 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by 1268
My turbo s locks January 25th...going with IGM. I too originally wanted Artic grey....but was very similar to my wife's X7 Davit grey and many other brands have similar. ICM...no other brand has something similar.
Not exactly true....My 2023 Mach E Mustang GT is VERY SIMILAR to IGM......I would post a pic, but oddly enough...I don't have any!
Not to mention that every other Turbo S in Los Angeles IS Arctic Grey.....

Last edited by RUF RS; 01-06-2024 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-06-2024, 10:54 PM
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RUF RS
Not exactly true....My 2023 Mach E Mustang GT is VERY SIMILAR to IGM......I would post a pic, but oddly enough...I don't have any!
Not to mention that every other Turbo S in Los Angeles IS Arctic Grey.....
What's the color? I have a couple gt500's and don't recall a similar color. No offense...but Mach E's r ****ing nasty....Ford's worst decision EVER.

Quick Reply: This is the 992 Turbo S in Ice Grey Metallic