Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Probably coming back

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2022, 06:08 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by hcvone
I have an sf90 that sits in the garage a lot, it turns into a photo shoot everytime I park it anywhere, very annoying, my porsche's don't even get looked at, and WAY more comfortable to drive
Originally Posted by onfireTTS
Interesting comfort comment. SF90 is the only F to get my attention since it is a 9.5 at 145 stocker. Attention getters are problematic even getting gasoline. Plus less comfort like crawling over the seat structure in a 720S doesn’t work anymore for me. Young man’s game.
I can relate. I've owned a couple of cars that were way more "exotic" than my Porsches and the constant attention at every gas station/parking lot was tiresome. Mine weren't even painted in bold colors (one black and one grey). I was always friendly to the admirers (because I never want to be that d**k head with a supercar), but right now the only "special" car I own is my '21 TTS. I can drive it anywhere.
The following users liked this post:
onfireTTS (12-03-2022)
Old 12-03-2022, 06:24 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,953 Likes on 1,925 Posts

slighty off topic but related - we swapped our 2017 Tesla Model X P100D when warranty was about to run out - it was actually a pretty decent SUV and nothing is quicker off the line and it really spoiled me/wife - we had few if any problems with it and it wasn't in terrible shape…but the wife was pushing for the replacement because she was tired of being a public-spectacle every-time we opened the falcon wing doors…she was honestly "over it" and wanted something less "present"

so now we have a Cayenne TurboS eHybrid (it's the only SUV that comes even close to the performance of the Model X and we can still drive it for errands using pure EV)

she's much happier not drawing attention to herself - so I get it.
AlexCeres (12-08-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 12:22 PM
Carcam
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by daveo4porsche
slighty off topic but related - we swapped our 2017 Tesla Model X P100D when warranty was about to run out - it was actually a pretty decent SUV and nothing is quicker off the line and it really spoiled me/wife - we had few if any problems with it and it wasn't in terrible shape…but the wife was pushing for the replacement because she was tired of being a public-spectacle every-time we opened the falcon wing doors…she was honestly "over it" and wanted something less "present"

so now we have a Cayenne TurboS eHybrid (it's the only SUV that comes even close to the performance of the Model X and we can still drive it for errands using pure EV)

she's much happier not drawing attention to herself - so I get it.
I get it completely. I’m considering the base Cayenne eHybrid. How far can you go on just battery mode and is it fast enough for around town? We have a model s plaid and incoming 911 turbo s and the dogs don’t appreciate sliding around in a fast cars😂.
Old 12-04-2022, 02:22 PM
Salj
Rennlist Member

Received 132 Likes on 62 Posts
Default I'm NOT Coming Back...

Love the F8--way more inspirational and exciting to drive. Never get too many looks here in Austin and it is super compliant around town.
There are additional customer benefits that Porsche doesn't provide, starting with only MSRP pricing--and do I did not purchase a used F car to qualify for an allocation.
They really have mastered the customer experience and community aspect of ownership.

16 Month Wait, but worth it
The following 5 users liked this post by Salj:
AlexCeres (12-08-2022), BIGJ (12-04-2022), Carcam (12-10-2022), chance6 (12-04-2022), Tupper (12-06-2022)
Old 12-04-2022, 04:55 PM
daveo4porsche
Rennlist Member

Received 3,953 Likes on 1,925 Posts

Originally Posted by Carcam
I get it completely. I’m considering the base Cayenne eHybrid. How far can you go on just battery mode and is it fast enough for around town? We have a model s plaid and incoming 911 turbo s and the dogs don’t appreciate sliding around in a fast cars😂.
we love our Hybrid - pure EV is a bit of let down after the Model X (seroiusly sub 3 sec 0-60 in a 5000 lbs SUV off the line is hard to match) - but the pure EV works well enough and the range is adequate - but Porsche has gone above and beyond with how smoothly and seamlessly it blends the EV + ICE motors and it's all just grand…

and the range I'm getting is outstanding given performance and a V8 to rumble to life when you want it…

I will be back to a pure EV SUV some day - but given how good the Cayenne is it will be in the future and I'm not willing to compromise for the sake of pure EV - the new Lux Cayenne pure EV that Porsche has teased in interveriews might be the first time I pop my head up - until then the Cayenne is great! I get 800-1000 miles on a tank of gas when doing daily errands by just doing the normal stuff and charging at home between errands - gas is rarely used for daily trips. I fill it up about every 6-8 weeks - so unless I'm road tripping with it we visit the gas station less than 8 times/year

Given performance and utlity of the hybrid the base Cayenne eHybrid is a great deal for the amount power and utlity you get - and honestly it's a step up vs. a pure Cayenne S - the EV motors is great at the instant torque off the line - and makes auto start/stop a non-issue…

Last edited by daveo4porsche; 12-04-2022 at 04:57 PM.
Carcam (12-10-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 01:04 PM
Tupper
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 1,614 Likes on 819 Posts

I'd take the NA V10 any day, all day

I have enormous respect for the Turbo S, and Porsche in general, don't get me wrong.

But owning my 22 R8 Performance, and thinking about how a Huracan is even more intense than that (I've only test driven one), I don't know how you can go back to a lower displacement, turbocharged vehicle. And yes, I know the Turbo S is faster and supremely capable. But that's just me....
Geruvah (12-10-2022)
Old 12-06-2022, 02:20 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 219 Likes on 129 Posts

Welcome back
- Akrapovic - BMC - TechArt - H&R - By Design - AMS - CSF - Kline - NGK - TiLugs - HRE - M Engineering - ID Injectors -
FULL SERVICE INSTALLATION FACILITY - STATE OF THE ART WIND TUNNEL DYNO - ECU TUNING
WORLD-MOTORSPORTS.COM
BIGJ (12-06-2022)
Old 12-10-2022, 07:45 PM
lucycan
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 228 Posts

Interesting. After owning both for several years each - I am going the opposite direction of you. Both amazing cars!
Old 12-10-2022, 08:38 PM
Geruvah
Intermediate

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGJ
After my brief stint owning a new 2021 992 TTS, I traded it on a new 2021 Lamborghini Huracan Evo RWD.
Fast forward 15 months later........
Looks like I may be going back to a 992 TTS. It is hands down the king of everything. While I love the Lamborghini, it just falls short in a lot of areas that the P dominates.
I didn't realize how nice it was to take the P out and not get chased down, constantly filmed, harassed, you name it!
Stay tuned, currently trying to seal a deal.......on the perfectly optioned 992TTS

Where does it fall short for you? For me, personally I feel that just because a car falls short of some things doesn't mean it's bad. But then again, I love a flawed car. I say this as someone who loves the TTS.

Last edited by Geruvah; 12-10-2022 at 09:41 PM. Reason: Didn't want to sound like I was criticizing OP
Old 12-10-2022, 09:35 PM
BIGJ
Instructor

Received 182 Likes on 70 Posts

By no means is the Lamborghini bad, it was just time for me to get back into something that was more comfortable (getting in and out is easier for younger people), offered better tech features, as well as more cost effective to mod. I take my cars on long road trips as well, and space is very important to me.

Last edited by BIGJ; 12-11-2022 at 08:41 AM.
Old 12-11-2022, 01:11 PM
Johnauto
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Salj
Love the F8--way more inspirational and exciting to drive. Never get too many looks here in Austin and it is super compliant around town.
There are additional customer benefits that Porsche doesn't provide, starting with only MSRP pricing--and do I did not purchase a used F car to qualify for an allocation.
They really have mastered the customer experience and community aspect of ownership.

16 Month Wait, but worth it
I wish I could get an F8 Tributo but order books are closed. Same with the 296 GTB. Not interested in the Ferrari Roma. Not a convertible person.

Decided to get on my dealer’s MSRP 992 Turbo S waiting list. At least a one year wait.

Lambo Sterrato also sold out. Nearby dealer only got six allocations and all spoken for. Mclaren 720s also all sold out.

Could not get a GT allocation (GT3, GT3 RS, GT4, or GT4 RS) or a 911 Dakar.

Been rejected for four GT cars, 911 Dakar, two Ferraris (Tributo and 296 GTB), Lambo Sterrato, and Mclaren 720s.

Honestly 911 Turbo S is the best car I can get an allocation for. Not really a used car person unless I really want the specific car (GT4 RS).
Old 12-11-2022, 02:12 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,168 Likes on 688 Posts

^^ How is it that mostly every major supercar is either sold out or two year waiting lists? Are production numbers lower? Never mind trying to buy a watch. Is there just that much money out there? Has it always been like this, if not, what has changed?
Old 12-11-2022, 03:21 PM
lucycan
Rennlist Member

Received 480 Likes on 228 Posts

Cheap money rules. Things are changing.
Old 12-12-2022, 01:08 AM
shrimp money
Race Car

Received 5,271 Likes on 2,102 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
^^ How is it that mostly every major supercar is either sold out or two year waiting lists? Are production numbers lower? Never mind trying to buy a watch. Is there just that much money out there? Has it always been like this, if not, what has changed?

40% of all money in the USA was printed in the last two years.

Aside from that, it’s just not the old days anymore where only doctors, and old white guys in RE with the money anymore. I know everyone has a YouTube channel, but if someone rolls up in an SVJ, and you inquire about profession, you can’t immediately dismiss them if they say YouTube. Add in Onlyfans and foot finder, and that’ll explain why supply chains and foodservice will always be in a labor shortage.
Angryinch (12-12-2022)

Quick Reply: Probably coming back