PSI Gauge above number of miles in tank

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2022, 09:37 PM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,310 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyrob
Yup I've got the same setup.

What I was looking for is the (hidden) PSI bar gauge that I could easily see in the periphery of my vision without taking my eyes off the road...aka being able to move the (hidden) PSI bar display to the condensed display instead of outside temp or something..
I am not sure I follow you. I just explained how you can have it directly in your field of view...

Last edited by CanAutM3; 11-01-2022 at 09:41 PM.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:34 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,500 Likes on 961 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
I have owned several 911's, the most recent was the 991.2 and NONE of them had the side gauges covered by the steering wheel. 5'11" is normal height, so I dont think I am overly tall or overly short to be the exception. Even reviewers of the 992 have complained about this. I am also 90% blocked by the wheel and to see the gauges I have to move far more than a few degrees, I have to take my eyes off the road and peer around the wheel. Its a design flaw that they made to squeeze in the giant center screen and digital gauges. This and the buggy PCM are the only 2 flaws I have with the 992's.
They need to rework the gauge positions/ size / maybe even the tach too and add more hot buttons / more intuitiveness to the 992.2 controls. While you're at it, remove the rear seats as a std. feature to trim some weight.
Old 11-01-2022, 10:44 PM
crazyrob
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by CanAutM3
I am not sure I follow you. I just explained how you can have it directly in your field of view...
Yes I have the same cluster of temps and boost pressure in the normal view as you have shown. I wanted a much bigger gauge so I don't have to take my eyes off the road. As I suggested something could be done in the condensed view. Hasty photoshop below. A flat bar gauge would look better but you get the idea...I'd rather have a big honking PSI boost gauge than the time or outside temp.

Old 11-02-2022, 12:24 AM
CanAutM3
Three Wheelin'

Received 1,310 Likes on 613 Posts

Originally Posted by crazyrob
Yes I have the same cluster of temps and boost pressure in the normal view as you have shown. I wanted a much bigger gauge so I don't have to take my eyes off the road. As I suggested something could be done in the condensed view. Hasty photoshop below. A flat bar gauge would look better but you get the idea...I'd rather have a big honking PSI boost gauge than the time or outside temp.

OK, understood. Having a 2021, I am not familiar with the “condensed view”.
Old 01-13-2023, 07:18 PM
1100S
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 23 Posts

So I've got my "custom" set up for the track exactly as in post #16. Catch is that I've never seen the boost gauge function, even on track days.
Am I missing something or.....?
Thanks

Quick Reply: PSI Gauge above number of miles in tank