What would you change in your build?

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2022, 11:37 AM
wpgt3cup
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Quote “Has anyone ordered the 6 speed in lieu of PDK
Que coming soon for final changes“
pardon the DA ? Thought I was still on the GTS discussion. Duh!
Old 05-08-2022, 01:35 PM
Markoz28
Instructor

Received 43 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by wpgt3cup
Has anyone ordered the 6 speed in lieu of PDK
Que coming soon for final changes
there is no 6 speed/manual transmission option.
Old 05-08-2022, 09:38 PM
ILL_SMO_Q
Racer

Received 228 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dude41
^Burmester is always gloated on every Porsche. You'll read posts from people who swear by it, but they all suck. Flat out sucks. I've been tricked and misled multiple times here on Burmester. 911, Cayenne, Panamera. They must be deaf.
I'm happily Deaf I suppose, and so are my passengers... because second ONLY to the power, they speak volumes (pun intended), about how great the Burmester sounds. I for one, will miss it, if I am able to 'upgrade' to a GT3 RS, as its easily my favorite option on the car (second only to the drop top).
Old 05-08-2022, 10:10 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,019 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by Thino
I forgot to order seat ventilation, really miss it
The seat ventilation is crazy good on the 992. On my M5 you could barely tell it was on. On the TTS I worry that my my manhood will one day be stuck to the seat like that kid’s tongue to the flagpole in A Christmas Story.
Old 05-09-2022, 12:24 AM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 211 Posts

I’d remove InnoDrive. I’ve used it once. Too cumbersome for me to bother with it.
Old 05-10-2022, 01:48 AM
Pacific German
Rennlist Member

Received 44 Likes on 19 Posts

Maybe Pantone or Oslo instead of Albert
The following users liked this post:
heshalosny (05-19-2022)
Old 05-10-2022, 03:48 AM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
I would dump Burmester, and Night Vision Assist. Would probably add Lane Change Assist.
I’m really happy with the Burmester audio. Better than Bose to my ears.
NigelPlays (05-10-2022)
Old 05-10-2022, 12:51 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

Originally Posted by riotgear
I’m really happy with the Burmester audio. Better than Bose to my ears.
I can't tell the difference. It may be because streaming audio is so noisy anymore. Lack of quality definition may be the reason. But so far it was just a waste of thousands.
Old 05-18-2022, 10:32 PM
Engro
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 162 Posts

Carbon fiber steering wheel and FAL. I actually added both to my build but removed it. I must have gone through 10 different combinations Finally just sent a build in and stuck with it. I have SPASM and driveway ingress or egress is 100% not doable with lip deployed unlike my old 991 so have to remember to change angle of approach and mindful deploying spoiler now.

Overall happy with my build. When I think of the carbon fiber steering wheel/FAL or other minor annoyance I remember dealer that sold me car last year at msrp is offering allocations now at 75k ADM for same car. Already got approached to sell the car back. Yea that is not happening. I had to wait 6-7 months and at my age a quick measly profit is just not worth it. I have almost 1k miles now and fitting my Europipe exhaust at dealer and my 1k breakin is officially done

Last edited by Engro; 05-18-2022 at 10:33 PM.
Pad Bender (05-31-2022)
Old 05-31-2022, 10:05 PM
johnkent1212
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Anyone get the bucket seats with the rear seat delete? I like the idea, but fear the sides could wear faster, and will be difficult for passengers to get in and out. Thanks!
Old 06-01-2022, 08:30 AM
mjf6175
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by johnkent1212
Anyone get the bucket seats with the rear seat delete? I like the idea, but fear the sides could wear faster, and will be difficult for passengers to get in and out. Thanks!
I assume you are referring to the Lightweight Package that includes the carbon buckets. I just took delivery on my TTS with the LWP and have the carbon buckets. If you are considering the LWP for your TTS you can opt for the 18 way seats in place of the carbon buckets but still get the rest of the LWP. I had problem with that. With the LWP you are paying for the carbon buckets but get no credit back if you opt for the 18 way seats in place of them. In the short time since I took delivery (3 weeks) I found you do have to "learn" how to get into and out of the carbon seats, so yes a little more difficult ingress/egress for driver and passenger. But a bolster cover is available aftermarket to help protect the sides of the seats, there are several threads on the forum about them. Here is one: https: https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-...er-covers.html

You can find more threads on the covers by searching "bolster covers" in the "992GT3 / GT2RS section

Old 06-01-2022, 09:39 AM
johnkent1212
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mjf6175
I assume you are referring to the Lightweight Package that includes the carbon buckets. I just took delivery on my TTS with the LWP and have the carbon buckets. If you are considering the LWP for your TTS you can opt for the 18 way seats in place of the carbon buckets but still get the rest of the LWP. I had problem with that. With the LWP you are paying for the carbon buckets but get no credit back if you opt for the 18 way seats in place of them. In the short time since I took delivery (3 weeks) I found you do have to "learn" how to get into and out of the carbon seats, so yes a little more difficult ingress/egress for driver and passenger. But a bolster cover is available aftermarket to help protect the sides of the seats, there are several threads on the forum about them. Here is one: https: https://rennlist.com/forums/992-gt3-...er-covers.html

You can find more threads on the covers by searching "bolster covers" in the "992GT3 / GT2RS section
Thanks. I’ve decided to remove the carbon buckets from my build.
Old 06-01-2022, 09:43 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 634 Likes on 345 Posts

Why pay so much for the lightweight package if you don’t get a nickel in credit for the seats? Rear seat delete? Mechanic can remove them in 30 minutes for less than $100. If you get 18 ways, why pay the huge premium for lightweight? Just doesn’t seem like money well spent. Lightweight glass? That’s like 3 lbs.
Old 06-01-2022, 09:54 AM
johnkent1212
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
Why pay so much for the lightweight package if you don’t get a nickel in credit for the seats? Rear seat delete? Mechanic can remove them in 30 minutes for less than $100. If you get 18 ways, why pay the huge premium for lightweight? Just doesn’t seem like money well spent. Lightweight glass? That’s like 3 lbs.
if you’re asking in regards to my post l, I deleted the lightweight package all together. However, from what I understand the lightweight glass is also noise insulated and cuts down on road noise and can enhance acoustics of the sound system. I have added that separately. I guess that causes another question if the noise insulated glass cuts down on road noise for anyone who has it as part of their build?
Old 06-01-2022, 10:05 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 634 Likes on 345 Posts

I think you need to look into the LW glass more closely. If I recall, its more noisy than the layered OEM glass and there are issues with it scratching and other people have mentioned issues trying to apply tint. Again, I have no idea how much weight the glass saves, but it can't be much and I see no real reason to add it to any build, which is why so few people do, If its strictly a track car and every lb matters, I get it. But for a dual usage car (street/track) it seems like a lot of money to save a few pounds at most with other negatives from the LW glass itself...

Quick Reply: What would you change in your build?