Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 167 Posts

911 Turbo SportDesign Package in High Gloss Black Porsche Exclusive Manufaktur

$7,010
Old 02-14-2022, 02:02 AM
Angryinch
Drifting

Received 1,095 Likes on 653 Posts

Ah ok, thanks. I’m not a fan of the front spoiler addition with that package.
Old 03-01-2022, 02:03 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Ive revised my build, this is hard to choose.

The Sport Pkg with gloss black has really grown on me. It makes the car look more aggressive and I love the rear spoiler.

I've changed to Chalk with Boudreaux interior, sport package and exterior bits in gloss black. Mirrors changed to CF to match the CF roof.

Can you guys have a look over and let me know thoughts and or improvements?

Thanks!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNZDAWP8

Last edited by Angryinch; 03-01-2022 at 02:05 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Yojeffo (03-02-2022)
Old 03-01-2022, 03:15 PM
PorscheSince2013
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 155 Posts

Consider adding LWB seats and lightweight package in chalk. Steering wheel and door sills in carbon fiber. Burmester audio. Either way, looks awesome.
Old 03-01-2022, 06:10 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Originally Posted by PorscheSince2013
Consider adding LWB seats and lightweight package in chalk. Steering wheel and door sills in carbon fiber. Burmester audio. Either way, looks awesome.
I am a bit over budget so I avoided the CF on the interior, but maybe ill play around with that. I'll be doing cat-less downpipes and likely turbo upgrade, so I won't be listening to the tunes much Thanks for the tips!

Old 03-01-2022, 06:30 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

Tweaked a bit more, added indoor cover and did the Porsche with 911 T on back in gloss black. Things add up quick.

Hmm, the front plastic bits can NOT be turned gloss black without removing the sport package. That is a bit of an annoyance, everything else is gloss black. It asks to delete the sport package in order to do it. ALSO, can't get the pink pig car cover with the sport package

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNH7GCD5

Last edited by Angryinch; 03-01-2022 at 06:33 PM.
Old 03-01-2022, 07:43 PM
P4bombers
Rennlist Member

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts

With a red interior I would do the PCCB Calipers in Black. With chalk exterior I'd consider the center tach and sports chrono in white or gray vs. red on the tach. That said you're making it your TTS so go with what your instincts tell you. Some guys get picky in the resale market with various one off color choices. Again as stated elsewhere. There are no wrong choices, just your choices and preferences. It is interesting how quickly the option clicks roll up to a larger than expected number. What's a couple hundred a month over the next five years....!

You can check the box for the Tire Sealing Compound and Electric Air Compressor which is a $0 option. Never hurts to have a little backup if/when needed.

Last edited by P4bombers; 03-01-2022 at 08:12 PM.
Old 03-01-2022, 08:18 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 310 Likes on 167 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
Tweaked a bit more, added indoor cover and did the Porsche with 911 T on back in gloss black. Things add up quick.

Hmm, the front plastic bits can NOT be turned gloss black without removing the sport package. That is a bit of an annoyance, everything else is gloss black. It asks to delete the sport package in order to do it. ALSO, can't get the pink pig car cover with the sport package

http://www.porsche-code.com/PNH7GCD5
You really are flip-flopping on this one. First blue, now chalk. Chalk with the Bordeaux interior would not be my first choice. I like Carrera White Metallic with the Bordeaux. I gotta say I just am not a fan of the chalk exterior. I know a lot of guys love it, but it is just too dull for me. But with that said, it is a popular color. I've seen older Turbo S with the sport design package in black and didn't like the way they aged. I would encourage you to go more in line with your original choice of a blue. What ever you choose make sure you first see it in person. For example, I was at the local dealer in Monterey and they had a shark blue 911 that looked phenomenal. I like the new colors as you can see from my avatar. Here is an example of a shark blue with the black exterior package, not the sport design package.

Old 03-02-2022, 01:58 PM
P4bombers
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by redyps
You really are flip-flopping on this one. First blue, now chalk. Chalk with the Bordeaux interior would not be my first choice. I like Carrera White Metallic with the Bordeaux. I gotta say I just am not a fan of the chalk exterior. I know a lot of guys love it, but it is just too dull for me. But with that said, it is a popular color. I've seen older Turbo S with the sport design package in black and didn't like the way they aged. I would encourage you to go more in line with your original choice of a blue. What ever you choose make sure you first see it in person. For example, I was at the local dealer in Monterey and they had a shark blue 911 that looked phenomenal. I like the new colors as you can see from my avatar. Here is an example of a shark blue with the black exterior package, not the sport design package.

Agree completely with the shark blue comment. This arrived at the same time as my TTS and I was blown away with how elegant shark blue looked...

heshalosny (03-02-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 02:02 PM
P4bombers
Rennlist Member

Ironically it was parked next to a Chalk 992 TTS
heshalosny (03-02-2022)
Old 03-02-2022, 02:29 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

I love the Shark Blue! However, I am trying to "blend in" with other traffic in my daily activities. I don't want to stick out like a sore thumb. Damn this is not easy!

Edit, oh yes, I really like the Bordeaux interior. That is another reason for going with a neutral color. The red interior doesn't work well with shark or gentian....

Last edited by Angryinch; 03-02-2022 at 02:30 PM.
Old 03-02-2022, 03:03 PM
PorscheSince2013
Rennlist Member

Received 290 Likes on 155 Posts

Go with what brings you happiness. Who cares what other people think. The 911 does not interest most people. Unless you live in a rural or remote area, you will blend just fine with the city traffic.
Old 03-02-2022, 04:19 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,286 Likes on 648 Posts

I love my black bordeax interior...and yes it lends itself to neutral colours and black calipers.

All the rest is your preference ...
Old 03-08-2022, 01:52 PM
Angryinch
Drifting

I went by the dealer, they had a Turbo is chalk, hmm the color is darker in person than I expected. P4bombers pic above is actually a pretty close capture of the color in reality. There was also a 911 Carrera in gentian blue next to it! Which was nice to compare the two. You'd think the dealer would call and say we have these two colors in stock, come take a look, it was a total coincidence that these two where there at my appointment, the sales guys are a bit clueless sometimes.

Im going to play around with the colors a bit more. Also, considering going lightweight package vs sport package.... I will be drag racing and modding the car, the -80lbs will be helpful, but at the same time, ventilated seats and rear seats are nice too.

Does anyone have the light weight package, thoughts, pics? Thanks!

EDIT: @redyps you're correct, now that Ive seen chalk in person, I was, like you said, disappointed, it is kind of bland. Extremely happy I was able to see it in person!

Last edited by Angryinch; 03-08-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Old 03-08-2022, 02:24 PM
Advanced

Received 41 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Angryinch
I went by the dealer, they had a Turbo is chalk, hmm the color is darker in person than I expected. P4bombers pic above is actually a pretty close capture of the color in reality. There was also a 911 Carrera in gentian blue next to it! Which was nice to compare the two. You'd think the dealer would call and say we have these two colors in stock, come take a look, it was a total coincidence that these two where there at my appointment, the sales guys are a bit clueless sometimes.

Im going to play around with the colors a bit more. Also, considering going lightweight package vs sport package.... I will be drag racing and modding the car, the -80lbs will be helpful, but at the same time, ventilated seats and rear seats are nice too.

Does anyone have the light weight package, thoughts, pics? Thanks!

EDIT: @redyps you're correct, now that Ive seen chalk in person, I was, like you said, disappointed, it is kind of bland. Extremely happy I was able to see it in person!
mine just arrived in shark. I ordered having not seen the color. It is stunning. I've gotten more compliments in one week, than a year with my last 911. All the accents are gloss black.
i typically do not go this bold, glad I did. This isn't for everyone but I already have the whites, blacks, and greys on lesser more conventional vehicles.
Your making the payments, build it how you like.

Last edited by 4160; 03-08-2022 at 02:27 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 4160:
Angryinch (03-08-2022), heshalosny (03-09-2022)

Quick Reply: New build - First Porsche.