Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Porsche Milwaukee North....Stealership

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2021, 10:25 PM
pitt911
Rennlist Member

Received 964 Likes on 550 Posts

Originally Posted by 911dude41
WIth all due respect, your post is a bunch of BLAH.. and I'm sorry if that's rude because I truly don't mean to be.

Your post regurgitates the same nonsense my close friend spews as a salesman at a high volume prestigious dealer. Verbatim. I watched him transform from a humble, genuine nice guy into a ruthless customer hating savage in a matter of 2 years time. The crap mentioned in your post is the same crap his sales manager feeds him.

Do you really believe those words you typed out? Honestly... You and I both know that your post is a Gypsie World Salad created by conmen to justify a total ripoff. Now I know those are not your words, so I don't hold that against you. I very well know you heard the exact same crap from someone else who works at a dealer and you've posted their words on rennlist because I've heard that same spiel so many times from my friend and other dealers.

Even my close friend turned savage opens up and admits just how bad people get ravaged, how dumb and naive they are, and just how dirty the dealership industry is.

Please don't make me break down your post. I don't need to because you know. Let's keep it short and simple. Dealer costs=/= your cost or the consumer's cost. When you think a dealer has sunken in $xxx.xx, it's a fraction of that. A very small one too.

Please, stop it.
we agree to disagree
The following 2 users liked this post by pitt911:
911dude41 (12-23-2021), NastyHabits (12-25-2021)
Old 12-23-2021, 10:57 PM
911inator
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts

It isn't about being able to afford the markup. But I won't be gouged on principle. And all you do is enable them by paying these rapey markups. The 911 is one of the higher margin cars, and service is quite lucrative (go price a Porsche dealership). So tired of people on the Internet who yell "Capitalism!", as if that is an actual argument. Smart businesses treat you right so you come back and become a 30-year customer, not just a one-time ripoff. I really do not believe having a bad reputation as someone who takes advantage during a worldwide pandemic is good for business.

Honestly this whole experience has me looking at other makes.

But yeah, no reason to flame fellow enthusiasts for disagreeing. Hope everyone has a safe and merry Christmas. But yeah, **** those dealers. Hahaha just kidding.
The following 4 users liked this post by 911inator:
911dude41 (01-07-2022), chance6 (12-31-2021), crazyrob (12-25-2021), usctrojanGT3 (01-03-2022)
Old 12-24-2021, 10:44 AM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

Looks like PAG may be on to something here. Lots of activities that used to take place at the dealership may be placed under the corporate umbrella. A harbinger of things to come?

https://newsroom.porsche.com/en/2021...kly-newsletter
Old 12-24-2021, 01:05 PM
Gjon777
Instructor

Received 60 Likes on 21 Posts

I don’t have a huge problem with dealers selling above sticker price. I don’t like it. However if people didn’t pay it, they couldn’t charge it so essentially it’s the consumers fault. My problem is what happened to this unfortunate individual, where they promised him a car and then decided to charge above sticker price. That’s dishonest and wrong.

I couldn’t get an allocation from my dealership last year and they advised me to look elsewhere. I got one in Ohio however I found out how poorly these high volume dealerships treat their customers. I’ll never make this mistake again. The whole process was terrible. I sold them my car, low mile 2018 loaded TT, for $140 plus a sales tax credit of over $8k ( essentially $148500 for me). It was hard to sell as a private seller and I wanted to sell to someone and avoid the mark up. People were trying to low ball me.
they listed it for $169,999. Not sure what it sold for but some people don’t want to buy from a private seller. People were low balling me and trying to get it for far below market. Wasn’t worth the hassle. Same type of car is selling for $190 now.
Old 12-25-2021, 10:25 AM
LSM111
Instructor

Received 85 Likes on 58 Posts

It’s basic supply and demand. In this case because of the events that transpired I think the dealership is at fault and unethical

In general tho again it’s supply and demand. Market sets the price. Just like when any of you trade your car in it’s worth a heck of a lot more now than would be in normal times
Old 12-25-2021, 02:30 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 345 Likes on 201 Posts

Originally Posted by LSM111
It’s basic supply and demand. In this case because of the events that transpired I think the dealership is at fault and unethical

In general tho again it’s supply and demand. Market sets the price. Just like when any of you trade your car in it’s worth a heck of a lot more now than would be in normal times
I know there are some that don’t like to hear it, but….we are staring Capitalism in the face
Old 12-25-2021, 03:43 PM
Td33
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by RD16RR
I know there are some that don’t like to hear it, but….we are staring Capitalism in the face
Not sure what proper Capitalism has to with this issue. Capitalism is the the way the world has been run forever. I think most of us here are aware of this. This is about the dealership agreeing to a price in writing, MSRP, which with 911 models is a nice profit for the dealership. Then at the last minute the dealer pulls some BS about the price of used cars and puts a 20% increase. Nothing to due with any unexpected increase cost with the new car just pure greed and lies to the OP. We wouldn’t be talking about this if the 20% was discussed with the OP at the time of getting the allocation or if there was a good reason for the huge increase along the way regarding his specific ordered car. Nothing changed with the supply and demand for this car after the allocation was given. My ordered 991.2 was 9% off MSRP—supply and demand. The current supply and demand is why dealers are getting MSRP and more. Breaking written agreements with the BS given will hopefully come full circle and cost this dealership in reputation and money. Not a good way to stay profitable and stay in business.

The following 3 users liked this post by Td33:
Engro (12-25-2021), Freddie Two Bs (12-25-2021), LSM111 (01-01-2022)
Old 12-25-2021, 10:09 PM
crazyrob
Racer

Received 131 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by 911inator
Smart businesses treat you right so you come back and become a 30-year customer, not just a one-time ripoff.
This is why I can afford to purchase a 992TTS and I sleep very well at night.
Old 12-25-2021, 10:10 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 345 Likes on 201 Posts

While the OP has his valid point there’s no stopping the dealer from doing what he did - until the deal is finalized, as a consumer we are only still making an offer to buy - the seller has every right to change it - if he crossed any legal hurdle he can be held accountable, and might get fined, but the consumer could still be without the deal/car

Capitalism feeds itself with greed - no doubt about it - it also weeds out the unscrupulous (eventually)(usually) - some seem to get away with more than they should
Old 12-31-2021, 08:36 PM
chance6
Race Car

Received 1,491 Likes on 958 Posts

Originally Posted by LSM111

IF indeed they do honor the higher trade-in prices and not try and hose us on both ends of the deal.
The following users liked this post:
LSM111 (01-01-2022)
Old 12-31-2021, 08:51 PM
2thdoc14
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Td33
Not sure what proper Capitalism has to with this issue. Capitalism is the the way the world has been run forever. I think most of us here are aware of this. This is about the dealership agreeing to a price in writing, MSRP, which with 911 models is a nice profit for the dealership. Then at the last minute the dealer pulls some BS about the price of used cars and puts a 20% increase. Nothing to due with any unexpected increase cost with the new car just pure greed and lies to the OP. We wouldn’t be talking about this if the 20% was discussed with the OP at the time of getting the allocation or if there was a good reason for the huge increase along the way regarding his specific ordered car. Nothing changed with the supply and demand for this car after the allocation was given. My ordered 991.2 was 9% off MSRP—supply and demand. The current supply and demand is why dealers are getting MSRP and more. Breaking written agreements with the BS given will hopefully come full circle and cost this dealership in reputation and money. Not a good way to stay profitable and stay in business.
Amen Brother.

if they hadn’t emailed me the confirmation of MSRP in July and explaining that the TTS is a different car and they decided not to add ADM and told me they were adding a 20% ADM right away, I wouldn’t be pissed. Hit me with 50k the week it locks is BS.
LSM111 (01-01-2022)
Old 12-31-2021, 09:00 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by pitt911
it is weird that I find myself defending dealerships
but these numbers don't reflect actual profit made
lets take the 2019 GT3 .
They gave you 148 k
certification is around 3300 dollars paid to Porsche
they need to run the car through the shop and that will cost money . Best case scenario few hundred dollars assuming car does not need tires ,etc
detailing the car is few hundred dollars
so their cost on the car could be roughly 152-153 k
say they get 159-160 k on it as most people will negotiate a little bit
so they make 7k on the transaction and that is excluding paying the SA and managers , and that is on a 160 k car and they are taking the risk
do you think this is excessive !!! how much do you pay to sell your house 6-7% for the realtor and they are assuming zero risk if the house don't sell
also assuming that the car sells quickly rather than sit on the lot for several months and accrue interest
Please note I am not disagreeing with the trade-in values I supplied, I was only giving data points. I figure $15-20k under their asking price is definitely fair.
Also, the TT and GT3 were not certified when they listed them for sale, so that cost does not exist in that data.
Old 12-31-2021, 09:05 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by chance6
The insult on the trade-in is the final kick in the shorts. In my prior trade-ins I've deducted anywhere from $15k to $20k from what they will likely ask for the car, and that's the trade-in value.
If in 2022 I get an allocation and I go to trade in my chalk TTS, and they try and ream me, I'm walking.
Prior trade-ins I can recall:

2018 TT - $148k they asked $158k
2019 GT3- $148k they asked $162k
2015 GTS- $89k they asked $108k
I guess where I'm going with this is that those trade-ins above were NOT me getting ripped off. They are expected due to various factors, including quite honestly the dealer making some profit here. There are some things outside the dealer's control, such as when the car will sell.

Nowadays it's pretty solid that turbo S cars, GT3s, etc. will move fairly quickly if they are a good spec and fairly low miles. For example my TTS was a $216K sticker and I would expect to get roughly $196K in trade, and they will likely ask $220K or possibly a little higher for the car.
Freddie Two Bs (01-01-2022)
Old 01-01-2022, 07:01 PM
chance6
Race Car

Originally Posted by 2thdoc14
Amen Brother.

if they hadn’t emailed me the confirmation of MSRP in July and explaining that the TTS is a different car and they decided not to add ADM and told me they were adding a 20% ADM right away, I wouldn’t be pissed. Hit me with 50k the week it locks is BS.
btw that email they sent you in July was convoluted and weird, and whoever wrote it needs a lesson in writing, tbh. It jumps all over the place.
Old 01-02-2022, 02:48 AM
User 81423
Burning Brakes

Received 571 Likes on 342 Posts

Originally Posted by 2thdoc14
Porsche Milwaukee North....

I had a deposit down on a Turbo S since April 9 2021. I had agreed upon a December 2021 allocation. In July I was informed the customer ahead of me went a different direction, and was asked if I would be willing to travel to Germany to take delivery of this allocation that was cancelled? It was important to them, as with a European delivery, PMN gets another allocation to sell. I agreed to help them out and do this. Once the delivery date was chosen, the build was submitted and I was later informed that due to a parts shortage, the car wouldn't be built as specified. I was offered to wait for my original allocation in December, which i chose to do. 2 weeks ago, I was told the car would lock this week, and I should re affirm my order. I did, and was told this morning that now they will be adding 20% markup to my order. What a great thing to do to a repeat customer! Aaron seems to run this dealership like a Carmax lot. What a shame and a tarnish on the brand.

As a side note the question to him in the chain was about me confirming the msrp purchase after they added a 10% ADM to the Targa my neighbor wanted to order. At least he knew going in it was extra, and decided to pass.

that’s disgusting. I’d be calling every publication in the region.
ADM is fair game if you’re told in advance. This is just disgusting. You could’ve tried to buy elsewhere between the April-December. Shame on them.
2thdoc14 (01-09-2022)

Quick Reply: Porsche Milwaukee North....Stealership