Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Track your dream = Frustration

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2021, 08:27 PM
SecretSaver
Intermediate

Received 60 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Track your dream = Frustration

Ok so track your dream had my car arrived at the Emden port on 10/26 (as of the 26th)and had my delivery date set for 12/3. It had my car on vessel set for 11/4 on the Siem Confucius. On Sunday (10/31) it had my car at the Emden port on 10/29 and on vessel on 11/19 (still Siem Confucius) delivery set now for 12/17. Now that isn’t the frustrating part. According to TYD my car would be going through the port in Jacksonville. However, today the Siem Confucius left the port of Emden for Davisville in Rhode Island, scheduled arrival 11/14, thus no way it could be back in Emden by the 19th. Thus either my car is not on Siem Confucius or the dates are wrong. So if the dates are wrong, does that mean after Rhode Island the Confucius is heading to Jacksonville or is my car being trucked from Rhode Island (or train) to North Carolina? Or, is my car still sitting in Emden waiting on the Confucius to return sometime after 11/19 or will my car be on another ship altogether???? Yeah, TYD is pretty much worthless to me right now. 🤬🤬🤬
Old 11-02-2021, 08:42 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 205 Posts

Wait for the call from your sales rep.

-TheEnd
Old 11-02-2021, 08:56 PM
SecretSaver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by RD16RR
Wait for the call from your sales rep.

-TheEnd
what fun is that?
Old 11-02-2021, 09:39 PM
Fixinbones
Pro

Received 132 Likes on 70 Posts

How do you know the vessel is Siem Confusious? Usually TYD doesn’t tell you the vessel until right before it’s getting loaded onto the ship.
Old 11-02-2021, 10:00 PM
SecretSaver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Fixinbones
How do you know the vessel is Siem Confusious? Usually TYD doesn’t tell you the vessel until right before it’s getting loaded onto the ship.
under the “On Vessel” tab, it says Siem Confucius.

Old 11-02-2021, 10:30 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,503 Likes on 2,826 Posts

Originally Posted by SecretSaver
Your car is on the ship

Which port is it supposed to be processed?
Old 11-02-2021, 10:52 PM
SecretSaver
Intermediate

Originally Posted by rk-d
Your car is on the ship

Which port is it supposed to be processed?
Jacksonville FL. The map now has my car going to Rhode Island, then Jacksonville, then to Veracruz Mexico, before returning to Jacksonville…lol. App says it is already in Veracruz, yet Marine Tracker has it in the North Sea. I’m sure it will get straightened out. Regardless I’m very excited for the new car when it gets here.

Last edited by SecretSaver; 11-02-2021 at 11:32 PM.
Old 11-02-2021, 11:32 PM
MaxLTV
Rennlist Member

Received 1,241 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by SecretSaver
Sounds like it's on the ship already, so you are ok.
The following users liked this post:
speedyj (11-03-2021)
Old 11-02-2021, 11:57 PM
Steve 96C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 864 Likes on 438 Posts

Yep, I'm not obsessed over this app at all... ha. Looks like "we" are on the same ship.

Estimated time till dealer arrival 44 days
On Vessel - Siem Confucius (where do they get these names?)
Estimated date of Milestone Completion 12/10/21
Port of Baltimore MD
1786 miles to Porsche Dealer

Total coolness!

"Porsche reinvents watching the mailbox with its Track Your Dreams app for 911 buyersEverything is better with a progress bar, right?
Kyle Hyatt
May 19, 2020Porsche is pioneering a high-tech excuse to stop annoying your dealer while you wait for a brand-new 911.
PorscheOrdering any new car from a dealer is pretty cool. It doesn't matter what the vehicle is, just knowing it's to your exact specifications is a good feeling. What isn't a good feeling is the wait for it to be built and shipped, since that process can still be pretty arcane and has you relying on your dealer's communication.

Porsche thinks it's sorted out a way to improve that process for its customers who choose to order a 911. It's called Porsche Track Your Dreams, and it's an app Porsche announced today that helps you track your car's journey from order sheet to delivery through 14 milestone events.

How does it work? Well, once your dealer places the order for your shiny new 911 , you are sent a unique link that will prompt you to download the Track Your Dreams app. You're then alerted when your car hits important parts of its build process like order creation, the freeze point for vehicle changes, production updates, the transport vessel's departure from Germany and port entry into the US.

"Buying a Porsche is a special moment, and one that should be as personal as possible, recognizing that placing the order and awaiting its delivery is part of the experience as anticipation builds," Klaus Zellmer, president and CEO of Porsche Cars North America, said in a statement. "This service gives future owners a convenient way of staying up to date before they see their car for the first time here in the U.S."

As your car gets ever closer to your driveway, Porsche updates the app with an estimated date for delivery and the number of miles the car has to go until it gets to you. If that sounds cool, it is, but it also -- to me, at least -- sounds like a recipe for obsessively checking my phone to see where in the process the car is. I suppose that's better than bothering dealership salespeople, though, which is likely part of the reason for the genesis of this whole thing anyway."

The following users liked this post:
NOSUB2T (11-10-2021)
Old 11-03-2021, 12:53 AM
doktordyper
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe the name of the vessel is not "Confucius" but "Confusedcius", hence the confusion.
Old 11-03-2021, 09:05 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 785 Likes on 492 Posts

I WAS DRIVING MY CAR AND IT STILL SHOWED ON THE BOAT thru track your dream, so don't 100% rely on that. My salesman told me itr would be at the dealership on a Friday, I didn't believe him because it showed the middle of the ocean, and no stop at the port the dealer claimed it was coming to, and sure enough it was there Friday, so as said talk to your salesman
Old 11-03-2021, 09:57 AM
Tedder Bear
Needs a Chuckle
Rennlist Member

Received 80 Likes on 33 Posts

Agree with hcvone, validate TYD with your SA. Mine just arrived at dealership on Monday, yet TDY states it will be delivered this Friday.
Old 11-03-2021, 01:59 PM
turbonator
Instructor

Received 121 Likes on 62 Posts

My car is also on the Siem Confucius. The ship is currently in the English Channel with an ETA at Davisville, RI of 11/13. Except for a 2 week pushout to my lock date, TYD has been pretty consistent for me.
Old 11-03-2021, 04:42 PM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,020 Likes on 520 Posts

I've given up on TYD. Last week my delivery went from 54 days to a little over 30 days and then a few days later went back to 54 days. As of now the dealer is telling me December 24th, so I guess they should slap a giant bow on it and put a wreath on the front when it gets here.
Old 11-03-2021, 04:47 PM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 174 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
I've given up on TYD. Last week my delivery went from 54 days to a little over 30 days and then a few days later went back to 54 days. As of now the dealer is telling me December 24th, so I guess they should slap a giant bow on it and put a wreath on the front when it gets here.
Or you'll need a bigger tree!
The following 2 users liked this post by DES GTS:
Dr. G (11-03-2021), NOSUB2T (11-10-2021)

Quick Reply: Track your dream = Frustration