Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Deviated stitching and 930/quilting package

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2021, 02:21 AM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 158 Posts
Default Deviated stitching and 930/quilting package

I'm thinking of going with GT Silver deviated stitching, black leather interior (with extended leather everything), GT Silver exterior. But I'm REALLY torn on whether to keep the Turbo-specific quilting / 930 package which remains black stitching even if you order the full deviated stitching package.

I'm debating either:
1) Dropping the quilting (free!) despite quite liking it, and prioritizing the deviated stitching. I love the way deviated stitching can tie together interior and exterior.
2) Dropping the deviated stitching and keeping the quilting (saves $3500, but that's a secondary concern). Normally I think the plain black interior is a bit too spartan, but with the quilting it feels like there is enough "going on" visually.
3) Keeping both. But I do worry it might bother me to have a mix of GT Silver and chalk stitching. And even if CXX comes back reasonably priced, I worry so much silver stitching might start to be a bit much. (There is a line with deviated stitching, where I think it sometimes starts to look a bit gaudy).
Old 09-05-2021, 02:39 AM
HPTX
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 22 Posts

If do deviated stitch vs 930 (and/or even w/o 930: don't know), still have grey/silver stitch on door panels quilt and in seat creases

Have GR deviated stitch and every extra leather option avail when I spec'd my early-build JBM/blk 992TTS, but that stitch color asymmetry annoys me...but am trading in TTS when my Sept build GT3 arrives in ?Nov: not doing any deviated stitch on GT3: it's JBM/blk leather&RaceTex/RaceTex visors aesthetically....and blk LED/blk wheels/blk PCCB/LWB/cf roof/PDK/lift in more functional options
Old 09-05-2021, 02:52 AM
wintershade
Rennlist Member

Received 287 Likes on 158 Posts

I came across this picture. I feel like it works okay for the seats. But the door panels I worry would bother me more for some reason.
Attached Images  
Old 09-05-2021, 08:23 AM
DES GTS
Pro

Received 172 Likes on 107 Posts

I don't think you'll have any problem with the mix. Even if you notice it the first few times you get in, the eye becomes accustomed to it and doesn't notice after a while. And passengers couldn't care less. I'd go with the 930 package if I were in your shoes.
Old 09-05-2021, 08:46 AM
docmd2010
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by DES GTS
I don't think you'll have any problem with the mix. Even if you notice it the first few times you get in, the eye becomes accustomed to it and doesn't notice after a while. And passengers couldn't care less. I'd go with the 930 package if I were in your shoes.

I love the quilting carried over from the 930 turbo.

it brings some elegance to the car that I really love. I would keep it!

agree on the diffeeence in stitch. I think it will look fine.

Old 09-05-2021, 12:52 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 219 Posts

Keep both - it will look perfectly fine IMO - Once you get to the dealer with your car there, open the door and you see it in person - you will be like phhfttt - I was worried about this?? (just IMO) I'm going with SportTex - so quilting is removed automatically - but I'm still going with GT Silver Stitching. I like both the quilted & the non-quilted interiors - the quilting is neat, but I also like the clean, smooth look of the non-quilted version.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rocket_boy:
hcvone (09-06-2021), Steve 96C4S (09-05-2021)

Quick Reply: Deviated stitching and 930/quilting package