Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Is it possible someone know the answer to this question?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2021, 03:23 PM
doktordyper
Advanced

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Is it possible someone know the answer to this question?

I have a nearing lock date and am in process of finalizing the interior. If one of the two-tone interiors are chosen (slateG/chalk, black/Mojave, black/Bordeaux,etc) & also choose deviated stitching, which the configurator does allow you to do, do you actually get it everywhere you would with a mono-colored interior (upper dash, center tunnel, door panels, armrests, steering wheel, seats, storage, etc)? My SA seems slightly unclear and is looking into it. I've not seen any pictures of anyone who's done it. I asked a similar question a few weeks ago with no response, which was ok, I'm used to being ignored. Thanks in advance to anyone who doesn't ignore this post!
Old 08-10-2021, 04:05 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by doktordyper
I have a nearing lock date and am in process of finalizing the interior. If one of the two-tone interiors are chosen (slateG/chalk, black/Mojave, black/Bordeaux,etc) & also choose deviated stitching, which the configurator does allow you to do, do you actually get it everywhere you would with a mono-colored interior (upper dash, center tunnel, door panels, armrests, steering wheel, seats, storage, etc)? My SA seems slightly unclear and is looking into it. I've not seen any pictures of anyone who's done it. I asked a similar question a few weeks ago with no response, which was ok, I'm used to being ignored. Thanks in advance to anyone who doesn't ignore this post!
lol - I think when most people don't have a clue - no one responds. From what I understand, if you order the separate deviated stitching package with a two-tone interior - you will get stitching, in the color of your choice everywhere that is described in the package - just like a mono colored interior. However you have to choose wisely as lets take the black/mojave combo - and then pick black stitching - well the seats will be done in black stitching (cool) - but the dash and door (which are black) and have tan stitching will go to black - which is not a contrast and kind of a waste. The steering wheel would also get black - which of course is another waste. You could pick something like Truffle Brown stitch - which would be a contrast to both black and mojave. IMO the full stitching package wasn't meant for the two-tones,...as there a not many good combos IMO. Yes, I would certify all of this with your SA and Porsche Exclusive can help also.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:05 PM
doktordyper
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
lol - I think when most people don't have a clue - no one responds. From what I understand, if you order the separate deviated stitching package with a two-tone interior - you will get stitching, in the color of your choice everywhere that is described in the package - just like a mono colored interior. However you have to choose wisely as lets take the black/mojave combo - and then pick black stitching - well the seats will be done in black stitching (cool) - but the dash and door (which are black) and have tan stitching will go to black - which is not a contrast and kind of a waste. The steering wheel would also get black - which of course is another waste. You could pick something like Truffle Brown stitch - which would be a contrast to both black and mojave. IMO the full stitching package wasn't meant for the two-tones,...as there a not many good combos IMO. Yes, I would certify all of this with your SA and Porsche Exclusive can help also.
RB- Thanks for the courage to stand-up and respond, hopefully there will be no retribution from fellow rennlisters or even an insurrection! But seriously, point well taken on two-tone not generally meant for the two-tone interiors. My 991.2 TTS had standard black with yellow deviated stitching (+ gauges & belts) and it was just fine, but am looking for something more unique without being busy or obnoxious. My thought was slate grey/chalk with black deviated stitching, so you do get some decent contrast there and significant contrast on the seats and everywhere else chalk. On my 991.2, I really liked on the areas beyond top of dash and upper door sills. This is in conjunction with GB, chalk or shark blue exteriors.
Old 08-10-2021, 05:09 PM
doktordyper
Advanced

RB- Thanks for the courage to stand-up and respond, hopefully there will be no retribution from fellow rennlisters or even an insurrection! But seriously, point well taken on two-tone not generally meant for the two-tone interiors. My 991.2 TTS had standard black with yellow deviated stitching (+ gauges & belts) and it was just fine, but am looking for something more unique without being busy or obnoxious. My thought was slate grey/chalk with black deviated stitching, so you do get some decent contrast there and significant contrast on the seats and everywhere else chalk. On my 991.2, I really liked on the areas beyond top of dash and upper door sills. This is in conjunction with GB, chalk or shark blue exteriors.
And to really shake it up, i was also considering to complement with black seat centers, but then we may be entering the too busy spectrum
Old 08-10-2021, 05:27 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 219 Posts

Actually over the last few years I have seen a couple of 2-tone interiors done with complete deviated stitching - and if done right it looks really different in a nice way. The grey/chalk you mention with black stitching is a good one and should work fine - in fact I think it is one I've seen before, wish I grabbed the pix - I remember it looked great. Yeah, when you get into the seat centers changing - it does get a bit more intense. I really wish the 3D configurator was back.

What about full grey, black seat centers with black stitching?

Some different, but cool looking (to me anyways) combos....

Old 08-10-2021, 05:35 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

helpful or not, I ordered mine with Exclusive Manufactur interior, slate over iceland green. I chose slate stitching because I was wanting the whole car to have a subtle and classy look. So the slate stitching on the upper dash etc is VERY subdued on the slate leather. It looks exactly like I had hoped in the areas on the iceland green leather, contrasting but not "too much." The one mistake I made, however, is that the quilted door panel inserts are stitched, but not contrasting. They are chalk on iceland green. (same is true of rear seat centers) My SA should have told me about this, in which event I would have gone the CXX route and had slate stitching in these panels. Bottom line, walk through the whole thing with your SA, make it clear what you are expecting, and if he/she doesn't seem as if they are crystal clear on the outcome of your order, get someone who is. You only get one try. Make it count!

Last edited by Domer911; 08-10-2021 at 05:36 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Steve 96C4S (08-10-2021)
Old 08-10-2021, 06:53 PM
doktordyper
Advanced

Originally Posted by Domer911
helpful or not, I ordered mine with Exclusive Manufactur interior, slate over iceland green. I chose slate stitching because I was wanting the whole car to have a subtle and classy look. So the slate stitching on the upper dash etc is VERY subdued on the slate leather. It looks exactly like I had hoped in the areas on the iceland green leather, contrasting but not "too much." The one mistake I made, however, is that the quilted door panel inserts are stitched, but not contrasting. They are chalk on iceland green. (same is true of rear seat centers) My SA should have told me about this, in which event I would have gone the CXX route and had slate stitching in these panels. Bottom line, walk through the whole thing with your SA, make it clear what you are expecting, and if he/she doesn't seem as if they are crystal clear on the outcome of your order, get someone who is. You only get one try. Make it count!

Success on subtle & classy. CXX is an option, though I've already overshot my original budget by a healthy $10k, so I'm trying achieve the objective w/o breaking the bank. I'm sure a significant % of folks ran right over initial budget #'s
Old 08-10-2021, 06:57 PM
doktordyper
Advanced

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Actually over the last few years I have seen a couple of 2-tone interiors done with complete deviated stitching - and if done right it looks really different in a nice way. The grey/chalk you mention with black stitching is a good one and should work fine - in fact I think it is one I've seen before, wish I grabbed the pix - I remember it looked great. Yeah, when you get into the seat centers changing - it does get a bit more intense. I really wish the 3D configurator was back.

What about full grey, black seat centers with black stitching?

Some different, but cool looking (to me anyways) combos....

I have considered full grey with black deviated (& perhaps centers), or blue stitching (no deviated centers) specific with either of the 2 blues I'm considering. I've seen a few black interiors with blue stitching (mostly the GT3 launch cars) and it's nice but the contrast is a bit too subtle for me.
Old 08-14-2021, 03:18 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Location: Right below the Northern Lights, when not travelling all around.
Received 177 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Domer911
helpful or not, I ordered mine with Exclusive Manufactur interior, slate over iceland green. I chose slate stitching because I was wanting the whole car to have a subtle and classy look. So the slate stitching on the upper dash etc is VERY subdued on the slate leather.
I don't want to hijack the thread but I have been wondering this for a long time... @Domer911, since you've got the beautiful Exclusive Manufaktur interior, may I ask you if the extended leather on the dashboard also covers the speakers and the surrounding areas both in the upper left and right corners of the dahsbhoard (in addition to the Sports Chrono clock area)? I know that there's not at least any added stitching there (like there was in 991) but how about any added leather? Same question about the vented area of the dashboard closest to the windscreen? Is there any added leather there compared to the normal leather interior dashboard (that does NOT have neither the sides nor the Sports Chrono area covered in leather). Or are those areas still made out of plastic, even with the EM interior? Can't tell for sure from the pictures that I've seen...

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 08-14-2021 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-15-2021, 12:05 PM
Calbenzo
Rennlist Member

Received 220 Likes on 87 Posts

My thought was slate grey/chalk with black deviated stitching, so you do get some decent contrast there and significant contrast on the seats and everywhere else chalk. On my 991.2, I really liked on the areas beyond top of dash and upper door sills. This is in conjunction with GB, chalk or shark blue exteriors.
I was looking into this as well but ran into dead ends. There really isn't any configuration where you have darker deviated stitching on a lighter color leather, at least that I could find. I'm sure you could get it done outside of the configurator, but it would cost a bundle!
Old 08-15-2021, 12:21 PM
Calbenzo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheGreatJ
I don't want to hijack the thread but I have been wondering this for a long time... @Domer911, since you've got the beautiful Exclusive Manufaktur interior, may I ask you if the extended leather on the dashboard also covers the speakers and the surrounding areas both in the upper left and right corners of the dahsbhoard (in addition to the Sports Chrono clock area)? I know that there's not at least any added stitching there (like there was in 991) but how about any added leather? Same question about the vented area of the dashboard closest to the windscreen? Is there any added leather there compared to the normal leather interior dashboard (that does NOT have neither the sides nor the Sports Chrono area covered in leather). Or are those areas still made out of plastic, even with the EM interior? Can't tell for sure from the pictures that I've seen...
I have this on order, and this is what I had pulled from the little video and information from the Two-Tone Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior configurator with respect to the two-tone and added leather/race-tex

Old 08-15-2021, 01:35 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Originally Posted by Calbenzo
I have this on order, and this is what I had pulled from the little video and information from the Two-Tone Exclusive Manufaktur Leather Interior configurator with respect to the two-tone and added leather/race-tex

Thanks! I had also read the description in the configurator multiple times but never realized to look into the video carefully enough that I'd have noticed the above. According to it, it seems, the speaker areas (as well as the vents closest to the windscreen) are left in plastic and not wrapped in leather, which is such a shame.. I thought that the EM option (or the additional Dashboard leather package) would have covered all the remaining parts of the dashboard in leather. Similarly, as it did with the 991 additional dashboard leather package. Clearly, it's not the case. It would be nice to have sufficient choice of options that would allow wrapping every visible plastic area of the interior in leather. It's close but not close enough with 992 IMO. The other thing that really bugs me with the 992 leather options is that you can't get the front center tunnel covered in leather either without going CXX... It's a big visible chunk of plastic and if I recall correctly, it used to be an option with 991 to have it covered..
The following users liked this post:
Steve 96C4S (08-16-2021)
Old 08-15-2021, 04:00 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

I have this on order...
Great choice for the PTS color of your TTS @Calbenzo , btw! Oslo Blue is one of my absolute favourites. Which colors you ended up choosing for the EM interior? I had been playing around with the thought that Graphite Blue and Iceland Green would make a really cool combination with the blue exterior, while being a bit different from every other car. But then again, I usually decide to go a bit bold with the interiors (still keeping it stylish though)...

Last edited by TheGreatJ; 08-16-2021 at 07:36 AM.
Old 08-16-2021, 09:51 AM
Calbenzo
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by TheGreatJ
Great choice for the PTS color of your TTS @Calbenzo , btw! Oslo Blue is one of my absolute favourites. Which colors you ended up choosing for the EM interior? I had been playing around with the thought that Graphite Blue and Iceland Green would make a really cool combination with the blue exterior, while being a bit different from every other car. But then again, I usually decide to go a bit bold with the interiors (still keeping it stylish though)...
Thanks! I'm generally a fan of lighter color interiors so I spec'd slate/chalk two-tone with chalk stitching. The chalk interiors in photos are much whiter than the ones I've seen in person, so I hope that holds true for mine! I previously had a Venitian Blue Carrera with a light grey interior that I really liked. I was also considering Black/Slate but I think, because of the PTS build schedule, my build locked on me quickly after I went PTS and the Two-Tone Exclusive Manufaktur Leather direction. I am fine with this interior combination with the Oslo blue (although I have not seen it in person yet 😃 &#129310

Last edited by Calbenzo; 08-16-2021 at 09:52 AM. Reason: added content
Old 08-16-2021, 07:09 PM
TheGreatJ
Racer

Thanks! I'm generally a fan of lighter color interiors so I spec'd slate/chalk two-tone with chalk stitching. The chalk interiors in photos are much whiter than the ones I've seen in person, so I hope that holds true for mine! I previously had a Venitian Blue Carrera with a light grey interior that I really liked. I was also considering Black/Slate but I think, because of the PTS build schedule, my build locked on me quickly after I went PTS and the Two-Tone Exclusive Manufaktur Leather direction. I am fine with this interior combination with the Oslo blue (although I have not seen it in person yet 😃 &#129310
I think you made the right choice. The slate/chalk is a very beautiful interior, especially combined with the Oslo blue exterior. I've tested that exact same combo in the configurator quite a few times (although with shark blue to get a rough idea how the colors work together). In addition, I have seen it with Gentian Blue in pics a couple of times, and it has worked really well to my eyes. The more panels are covered in leather the better the combo IMO, as it lifts up the level and sense of quality always a notch (especially with a two-colored interior). Since you've chosen the EM interior, it should take care of that part mostly! The Venitian Blue/Light Grey also sounds like a nice combo with a classic style (would be nice to see some pics). Looking forward to seeing some pictures once you get the car!

Quick Reply: Is it possible someone know the answer to this question?