Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 219 Likes on 129 Posts
Default Our simple stage 1 upgrade for the 992 Turbo

AKRAPOVIC exhaust
BMC air filter
M Engineering tune
INSTALLED FOR $7495.00.

(AKRAPOVIC black tips are available as well)

Make an appointment to add 110 horsepower to your car with some of the best parts available for you 992 Turbo at World Motorsports. All power numbers are with 91 Octane fuel.

We stock the parts that you need so you don't have to wait. You can come wait in our shop while this upgrade is being installed.

- Akrapovic - BMC - TechArt - H&R - By Design - AMS - CSF - Kline - NGK - TiLugs - HRE - M Engineering - ID Injectors -
FULL SERVICE INSTALLATION FACILITY - STATE OF THE ART WIND TUNNEL DYNO - ECU TUNING
WORLD-MOTORSPORTS.COM

Last edited by Staff@WORLD; 07-28-2021 at 05:01 PM.
The following users liked this post:
MovingChicane (03-03-2024)
Old 07-28-2021, 07:27 PM
Sausage416
Pro

Received 336 Likes on 168 Posts

What’s the hp and tq for the tune, and what’s the whp for a 992 turbo non s if you don’t mind me asking?
Old 07-28-2021, 08:54 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Sausage416
What’s the hp and tq for the tune, and what’s the whp for a 992 turbo non s if you don’t mind me asking?
The horsepower for a 992 turbo s with an Akrapovic exhaust, stock cats and a tune is 715HP and 698TQ.

All the cars we have had on the dyno are Turbo S. We have not done any regular Turbo cars yet.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:42 AM
Cpiguy
Rennlist Member

Received 83 Likes on 34 Posts

Originally Posted by Staff@WORLD
The horsepower for a 992 turbo s with an Akrapovic exhaust, stock cats and a tune is 715HP and 698TQ.

All the cars we have had on the dyno are Turbo S. We have not done any regular Turbo cars yet.
I’m assuming that’s 715 wheel hp, correct? What does the M Engineering tune generate on it own? Or with The Fabspeed 200 cel cats and valvetronic?
Old 07-29-2021, 02:24 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cpiguy
I’m assuming that’s 715 wheel hp, correct? What does the M Engineering tune generate on it own? Or with The Fabspeed 200 cel cats and valvetronic?
I would suggest that you talk with Fabspeed about that. We have not used any of the Fabspeed parts so I wouldn't want to talk on their behalf.
Old 07-30-2021, 03:31 AM
Cpiguy
Rennlist Member

I would suggest that you talk with Fabspeed about that. We have not used any of the Fabspeed parts so I wouldn't want to talk on their behalf.
Sam, you seem annoyed with my question. Let me try again. Is it 715 wheel or crank HP? My second question is, will it make this power with other aftermarket exhaust, understanding that you have only tested with Akrapovic. I now understand you have no idea so, what kind of power does the M tune make with stock exhaust. Do you suspect the power gain would be similar with other brands of after market exhaust systems, or is the tune very specifically calibrated for Akrapovic?

Thank you
The following users liked this post:
speedyj (07-30-2021)
Old 07-30-2021, 12:45 PM
Staff@WORLD
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Cpiguy
Sam, you seem annoyed with my question. Let me try again. Is it 715 wheel or crank HP? My second question is, will it make this power with other aftermarket exhaust, understanding that you have only tested with Akrapovic. I now understand you have no idea so, what kind of power does the M tune make with stock exhaust. Do you suspect the power gain would be similar with other brands of after market exhaust systems, or is the tune very specifically calibrated for Akrapovic?

Thank you
This is not Sam, this is Craig. I am definitely not annoyed by any questions either.

All my power numbers are at the wheel, not the crank. I would assume that it should make similar power with all aftermarket exhausts. I am hesitant to say what the exact numbers are because I have read about some wild numbers from some companies when it comes to changing the exhausts on these cars. I have not see anywhere close to certain advertised numbers from any exhausts on our dyno.

I would approach all exhaust systems as a tool to change the sound and not one to add big power numbers at this low lower level of modifications.
Old 07-30-2021, 01:34 PM
Cpiguy
Rennlist Member

This is not Sam, this is Craig. I am definitely not annoyed by any questions either.

All my power numbers are at the wheel, not the crank. I would assume that it should make similar power with all aftermarket exhausts. I am hesitant to say what the exact numbers are because I have read about some wild numbers from some companies when it comes to changing the exhausts on these cars. I have not see anywhere close to certain advertised numbers from any exhausts on our dyno.

I would approach all exhaust systems as a tool to change the sound and not one to add big power numbers at this low lower level of modifications.
Sorry Craig. I thought Sam always was your forum guy. Yeah, I’m an old car guy with modding experience on multiple platforms over the past 50 years. Heavily modded my first car in 1969 believe it or not. I never found large horsepower gains with straight exhaust. My experience is 10 to 25hp is the max gain regardless of platform. That’s one of the things I admire about Steve Dinan. When he said 11hp gain on an M3, you could take it to the bank.

Anyway, I’m very interested in the M Engineering tune once its ODBC uploadable. I was running GMG with GIAC on my 991 platform. I’ll PM you my contact info. Please keep me posted on the progress of the tune. I’m looking for something that will generate max power without negativity impacting reliability and drivability..

Quick Reply: Our simple stage 1 upgrade for the 992 Turbo