Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

GMG full exhaust finally installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2022, 12:29 PM
topherserrano
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 35 Posts

They come with German HJS 200-Cell Cats that flow 90% the efficiency of Cat-less, however, still scrub the exhaust clean enough to not throw a CEL. I've got approximately 2,500 miles on my GMG Exhaust on my TTS and not a single hiccup. Quiet (almost stock-like) when in Normal mode, aggressive without being obnoxious when in Sport (most burbles and pops) and Sport+ driving normally. When you romp on it and give it the beans, the exhaust note becomes a complete banshee.

There is a little drone when cruising at around 2,000-2,300rpm in Normal Mode at highway speeds but is expected for any aftermarket exhaust. The drone is manageable with throttle input, I'd say.
The following users liked this post:
gmgracing (03-17-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 11:27 PM
Tumbleweed
Racer

Received 263 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by SB27
I love GMG stuff. .....I had my dealer install their full system on the 992 TTS. It sounds great but I found the sheer volume of sound overwhelming. And so did my wife (LOL). You need to have to want an aggressive sound profile all the time. Because the valved system (I have the factory sport exhaust) is much more complex than on prior cars, you can't really select normal mode and dial the sound all the way back. I know several shops are working on "valve controlled" systems. No idea if GMG is or not. I really like their core sound. It just got old after about 2 weeks.....
With my GMG exhaust on my '21 TTS it was quiet when off the throttle but when you got on it the sound increased. It was not bad at all driving around town & on the highway unless you wanted it to.
gmgracing (03-17-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 11:39 PM
topherserrano
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
With my GMG exhaust on my '21 TTS it was quiet when off the throttle but when you got on it the sound increased. It was not bad at all driving around town & on the highway unless you wanted it to.
I agree 100%, as that is exactly my experience as well. Easy driving on Normal drive mode is almost stock-like. Once you are WOT at 5,000rpm the sound is absolutely ferocious.
The following 2 users liked this post by topherserrano:
gmgracing (03-17-2022), Tumbleweed (03-17-2022)
Old 03-17-2022, 05:27 PM
SB27
Rennlist Member

Received 289 Likes on 117 Posts

Originally Posted by Tumbleweed
Glad the setup is working great for you. For my application, the volume of sound at startup, idle, partial power, cruising and full power were all overwhelming. As noted in my original post, I loved the wide open throttle sound -- simply amazing. You can also feel the car delivering more torque with this setup. No question it's faster. My wife was less excited about all of these things -- so back to OEM exhaust for me. YMMV, right? Mine sure did. Oh well. :-)
Old 03-17-2022, 05:38 PM
gmgracing
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 443 Likes on 264 Posts

Originally Posted by Pathy
Are these catless?

How is the drone when cruising in non-sport mode?
As the others have said, the system includes 200 cell cats, and there is minimal drone. Pease, feel free to reach out to us if we can be of more assistance!

sales@gmgracing.com
www.gmgracing.com

facebook l instagram l youtube l twitter

Porsche | Audi | Ferrari | Lamborghini | McLaren
Performance Tuning | Motorsport | Factory Service

Pirelli World Challege Race Team GT/GTA/GTS/TC
Pirelli GT3 Cup Trophy USA
Porsche Motorsport — Audi Sport Customer Racing — Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series
Tumbleweed (03-18-2022)

Quick Reply: GMG full exhaust finally installed