Questions regarding Track Your Dream program

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2021, 09:05 PM
mscott1987
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Questions regarding Track Your Dream program

Hey all,

Last week I called 1-800-PORSCHE to ask when I would be receiving the email link for the TYD program and they informed me the reason for it not being sent was that my account with them had not been created. After setting up my profile the guy I was on the phone with said he was emailing someone from the dealership program to have my TYD link emailed to me and to look out for it in a few days. Fast forward to today and still no email so I called them again and the lady I spoke with informed me that TYD links only get sent once the VIN is created. Is this true because I’ve heard all you need is the commission # and I’ve been getting different info from different reps at Porsche. Any help or info is greatly appreciated.

Old 04-10-2021, 02:30 PM
ER911S
Pro

Received 225 Likes on 134 Posts

That is not correct. Create an account with Porsche. Share that email address with the dealer and they should be able to link your order with that email. I had TYD linked to my allocation about a week after and way before my options froze. The VIN gets created at production time.
The following users liked this post:
hcvone (04-10-2021)
Old 04-10-2021, 02:57 PM
mscott1987
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Yeah that is what I figured. When I asked my SA about getting the TYD link emailed to me said I needed to get it sent from Porsche North America. I just got my VIN sent to me today so I’m going to call Porsche corporate Monday to see if the TYD link has been sent. Seems like nobody at the company really knows what’s going on and I keep getting referred back to different people. In theory it’s not too much to ask to just have the email sent out to me but I keep getting stonewalled. At this rate I’ll receive the TYD right as I’m pulling into the garage after picking up the car haha. Thanks for the clarification!

Quick Reply: Questions regarding Track Your Dream program