Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

992 TTS Spec

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2021, 04:55 PM
Tsun852
AutoX

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 992 TTS Spec

Hi Guys, here's the code for my 992 TTS spec (got lucky with an allocation in CA). I want input from you guys, much appreciated! PMNBEVJ6

I currently owe a Chalk 991.2 Turbo S (2019) with 2300 miles, want to trade it in for a 992 TTS.

Morevoer, any tips for trading in for a new car? Someone from the dealership told me that the best way to hold the value of a 911 is to not mod it in any way, that's why I am confused as I have spent more than 30k on full custom PPF with ceramic coating as well as carbon fiber parts on the front lip, side rocker, lower mirror housing, side mirror triangle, side intake scoops, and rear diffuser from DB carbon. Did I mess up the car value by putting some aftermarket CF parts on my car? Also, is it better for me to sell such a new car privately or to trade it in to a dealer and take a 50k lost on a 2300 miles TTS?

Last edited by Tsun852; 03-16-2021 at 05:17 PM.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:25 PM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 783 Likes on 491 Posts

Try to sell it yourself maybe your beat bet, dealers usually are not going to give you want you can get private. You didn't mess up the value, you just have to understand that adding mods to a car usually does not add anything to the price, UNLESS the buyer was planning on doing the same mods you did, the pool of new owners is just smaller the more you put in the car as far as mods. As someone who mods everything I learned this years ago, sometimes you have just want someone else is looking for, and other times NOT.
Old 03-16-2021, 05:41 PM
PorscheSince2013
Rennlist Member

Received 305 Likes on 162 Posts

Aventurine is my second favorite color after Gentian. Personally, I'd go with silver wheels and exterior trim. Truffle on the inside. I wouldn't personally do carbon fiber trim or the assist options.

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMG8GFQ2
It is a seller's market. Try listing your car online for a couple months. Some people will appreciate the extras you did.

Old 03-16-2021, 06:20 PM
frankchn
Pro

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Tsun852
Someone from the dealership told me that the best way to hold the value of a 911 is to not mod it in any way, that's why I am confused as I have spent more than 30k on full custom PPF with ceramic coating as well as carbon fiber parts on the front lip, side rocker, lower mirror housing, side mirror triangle, side intake scoops, and rear diffuser from DB carbon. Did I mess up the car value by putting some aftermarket CF parts on my car? Also, is it better for me to sell such a new car privately or to trade it in to a dealer and take a 50k lost on a 2300 miles TTS?
Cosmetic mods such as what you are doing (e.g. the CF parts and PPF / ceramic) won't generally decrease the value of your car but you would not get much if any money back from the 30k you spent. In that sense, if you count the 30k into the cost of your car, then you will get a lower %age of the value back when selling than you would with a stock unmodified car.

Selling your car privately will net you a better value, and in CA you don't have any tax advantages anyway since there isn't a tax credit for trading a car in. That said, you'll just have to spend more time dealing with potential buyers instead of just dropping off the keys at the dealer and be done with it.
Old 03-16-2021, 07:27 PM
ER911S
Pro

Received 232 Likes on 136 Posts

Great looking Chalk TTS and congrats on the allocation.
Damn, I know there was a Porsche tax for $30K for PPF, CC and CF parts seems insane. A fully custom wrap or PPF around here goes for $5K and $1K for CC including wheels.
You will always be better off selling private especially if California does not give you credit on a trade and it is a sellers market so it can't hurt to put it for sale now and you might get lucky.
Post pics when you get it
Old 03-16-2021, 08:00 PM
redyps
Rennlist Member

Received 313 Likes on 169 Posts

Why sell at all? Just doesn't make sense. Besides the depreciation on the car you probably won't get anything for the DB carbon pieces. Just keep it and be happy...
Old 03-16-2021, 08:28 PM
rk-d
Rennlist Member

Received 6,502 Likes on 2,826 Posts

Any money spent on mods is a sunk cost. I doubt you lowered your resale value to a significant degree, since your mods are relatively conservative.

General advice - don't spend money on mods you aren't prepare to lose. It's money down the toilet.
Old 03-16-2021, 08:30 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by frankchn
Cosmetic mods such as what you are doing (e.g. the CF parts and PPF / ceramic) won't generally decrease the value of your car but you would not get much if any money back from the 30k you spent. In that sense, if you count the 30k into the cost of your car, then you will get a lower %age of the value back when selling than you would with a stock unmodified car.

Selling your car privately will net you a better value, and in CA you don't have any tax advantages anyway since there isn't a tax credit for trading a car in. That said, you'll just have to spend more time dealing with potential buyers instead of just dropping off the keys at the dealer and be done with it.
+1 on all of the above.

As far as your (very nice!) build goes, here's some ideas:

I'd get the $0 "Storage Package" (the little net in the passenger footwell) it's quite handy.
Get the "Passenger Cupholder Trim in Leather" - it's weird that it's an option because without it you get a mismatched bit of plastic under the passenger air vent.
Maybe consider "Sun visors in race-tex" since they match the ceiling nicely.
You chose "Deletion of Quilting" - is that deliberate? It might be a leftover automatic selection from sport-tex seats or 4-way sport seats plus, so just double-checking you don't want quilting.
I'm convinced front-axle-lift isn't critical for the turbo S thanks to the active spoiler (even with SPASM) - but do get it if you're super-worried or know you've got some really challenging inclines in your future.
I understand the seat-belts match the dials match the calipers thing, so it's cool if you like it like that - but I've always thought yellow calipers clash with aventurine green and I'd make them black (do what YOU want though).
I guess you really don't want sport exhaust, because you chose some of high gloss black exterior trim but did NOT choose the sport design package in high gloss black (which requires sport exhaust) - just checkin'.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:10 PM
Tsun852
AutoX

Originally Posted by digits
+1 on all of the above.

I'd get the $0 "Storage Package" (the little net in the passenger footwell) it's quite handy.
Get the "Passenger Cupholder Trim in Leather" - it's weird that it's an option because without it you get a mismatched bit of plastic under the passenger air vent.
You chose "Deletion of Quilting" - is that deliberate? It might be a leftover automatic selection from sport-tex seats or 4-way sport seats plus, so just double-checking you don't want quilting.
I'm convinced front-axle-lift isn't critical for the turbo S thanks to the active spoiler (even with SPASM) - but do get it if you're super-worried or know you've got some really challenging inclines in your future.
I understand the seat-belts match the dials match the calipers thing, so it's cool if you like it like that - but I've always thought yellow calipers clash with aventurine green and I'd make them black (do what YOU want though).
I guess you really don't want sport exhaust, because you chose some of high gloss black exterior trim but did NOT choose the sport design package in high gloss black (which requires sport exhaust) - just checkin'.

Thank you so much for the input, I did not even know anything about the cupholder trim until you mentioned it, thanks! As for the yellow caliper, I still need some time to think about it since the yellow ones look really nice on my 991.2; I have seen the black one and it looks cheap IMO.

And yes, I kept the quad exhaust on purpose since it represents the Turbo S!

Can anyone guide me to any forum/site for selling a 991.2 TTS? Thanks, I would like to sell my car privately instead of trading it in at the dealer.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:11 PM
Tsun852
AutoX

Originally Posted by redyps
Why sell at all? Just doesn't make sense. Besides the depreciation on the car you probably won't get anything for the DB carbon pieces. Just keep it and be happy...
Only have enough *** and time to drive one 911 lol and money too
Old 03-16-2021, 09:25 PM
Tsun852
AutoX

Originally Posted by digits
+1 on all of the above.

Can you look at it again please? PMSHHVB4 Thanks

Last edited by Tsun852; 03-16-2021 at 09:55 PM.
Old 03-16-2021, 09:30 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

My Aventurine TTS is due to hit in early June.

The mods you did won't effect what you get for it. If I were you I would try to sell it now. Right now it is very close to seller's market. Yours is very nice and low miles. If you own it outright all the better. Good luck!
Old 03-16-2021, 09:36 PM
Domer911
Rennlist Member

Received 356 Likes on 191 Posts

btw, the yellow deviated stitching will likely make it harder for you to sell your 992 when the time comes, just my opinion
Old 03-16-2021, 09:40 PM
Tsun852
AutoX

May I ask why? Is it because the yellow stitching will get dirty over time? I think it matches the caliper and the stop watch really well?
Old 03-16-2021, 09:40 PM
Tsun852
AutoX

Originally Posted by Domer911
btw, the yellow deviated stitching will likely make it harder for you to sell your 992 when the time comes, just my opinion
May I ask why? Is it because the yellow stitching will get dirty over time? I think it matches the caliper and the stop watch really well?
The following users liked this post:
Steve 96C4S (03-17-2021)

Quick Reply: 992 TTS Spec