Notices
992 Turbo and Turbo S 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Chalk with black interior. Got on the list after seeing it today ;o).

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2021, 08:17 PM
motown
Racer

Received 266 Likes on 97 Posts

UPDATE 3/3/2021: After a few days and only 100 miles I have a few first impressions. Never owned a 911 before. Daily is a Panamera GTS and I have owned two Audi R8's. The 992 Turbo S with sport exhaust and sport suspension is a different experience than I thought. MUCH more aggressive in sport mode than I could have ever expected. In normal mode the car still feels stiffer then in the R8 Gen 2 does in normal mode. But when I go into sport mode this TTS is ready to go. Not sure if it is the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) or the Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) but this little rocket turns into a stiff and aggressive beast. I mean BEAST.

Stiffens up big time and the exhaust note is very vocal both under acceleration and upon release of the accelerator. Lots of great noises to keep you and the general public entertained. The Audi R8 v10 Gen 2 has more pops on downshift but the tugging and rawness of torque feels much more intense int his TTS. The turbos are also a nice addition once they start to breath as well. Over all impression without stomping on it is that the TTS feels like a raw bullet that can stiffen up way beyond the needs for street driving with a push of the button or a quick turn of the dial. I went into sport plus and boom.... rev'd up to a level I didn't want at 100 miles so went back to sport. Interior fit and finish is very tight and reeks of quality. Very impressed to have first impressions of more power and limits of performance than I expected. Very aggressive car.
The following 3 users liked this post by motown:
heshalosny (03-07-2021), Pad Bender (03-04-2021), Steve 96C4S (03-04-2021)
Old 03-08-2021, 12:22 AM
SFC
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Does the 911 optioned SPASM(lower 10mm)? How’s the feel compare with Panamera? I am kind of in the same situation. I just return the leasing Panamera turbo and put down deposit for a 2022 911 turbo. I tested drive a c4s with sport package that has SPASM. The stiffness is acceptable. I don’t know should I option the SPASM or not. I don’t track or drive it that hard(my wife always with me). Use the 911 for a DD around 5k miles per year. Thanks.

Originally Posted by motown
UPDATE 3/3/2021: After a few days and only 100 miles I have a few first impressions. Never owned a 911 before. Daily is a Panamera GTS and I have owned two Audi R8's. The 992 Turbo S with sport exhaust and sport suspension is a different experience than I thought. MUCH more aggressive in sport mode than I could have ever expected. In normal mode the car still feels stiffer then in the R8 Gen 2 does in normal mode. But when I go into sport mode this TTS is ready to go. Not sure if it is the Porsche Active Suspension Management (PASM) or the Porsche Dynamic Chassis Control (PDCC) but this little rocket turns into a stiff and aggressive beast. I mean BEAST.

Stiffens up big time and the exhaust note is very vocal both under acceleration and upon release of the accelerator. Lots of great noises to keep you and the general public entertained. The Audi R8 v10 Gen 2 has more pops on downshift but the tugging and rawness of torque feels much more intense int his TTS. The turbos are also a nice addition once they start to breath as well. Over all impression without stomping on it is that the TTS feels like a raw bullet that can stiffen up way beyond the needs for street driving with a push of the button or a quick turn of the dial. I went into sport plus and boom.... rev'd up to a level I didn't want at 100 miles so went back to sport. Interior fit and finish is very tight and reeks of quality. Very impressed to have first impressions of more power and limits of performance than I expected. Very aggressive car.
Old 02-06-2024, 08:40 AM
Shogunade
Rennlist Member

Received 2,083 Likes on 1,163 Posts

Any plans to wrap this one?

Quick Reply: Chalk with black interior. Got on the list after seeing it today ;o).