Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

992 Turbo S Lease numbers

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2021, 10:11 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 74 Posts

Just as a reference point, a well equipped Aston DB11 5K miles/yr, $10K down is leasing for $2.5K/month. If you don't mind driving one, and if you must lease, Aston has higher MSRP and leases for less than a TTS - looks like around $1K/month less
Old 07-01-2021, 12:46 AM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by sexfiend
You have a point but you can't compare the daily-driveability of the TT/TTS which is King, versus any of those exotics.
I can because I have both. If I could only have one, it wouldn’t be the TTS.
Old 07-01-2021, 04:06 AM
Dr. G
Rennlist Member

Received 1,021 Likes on 520 Posts

Originally Posted by br911
Just as a reference point, a well equipped Aston DB11 5K miles/yr, $10K down is leasing for $2.5K/month. If you don't mind driving one, and if you must lease, Aston has higher MSRP and leases for less than a TTS - looks like around $1K/month less
This is why the Porsche set residual makes no sense (logically). The “real world” depreciation of an Aston Martin is far worse than that of the TTS short term.

As an aside…. I used to own an AM Vantage S and it was, without any doubt, the car that made my heart pound harder than anything I’ve ever owned…

…primarily because you never actually knew if the car was going to start each time you put that crystal key in the ignition. Seriously. Can’t tell you how exciting it is drive somewhere and not know if you were going to be able to get home. Happened more often than it should have in any car (which, FWIW, should be no more than exactly one time). The Aston was an over achiever in that sense

Gorgeous car, though, and it sounded great.
The following users liked this post:
rewardforsuccess (07-02-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 08:34 AM
sexfiend
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by riotgear
I can because I have both. If I could only have one, it wouldn’t be the TTS.
Then you should know better that there’s no way those flashy as hell cars with poor reliability versus the Turbo is a better true daily driving car, unless you drive up and down your driveway.

But hey, maybe you can, based on more money than brains.
Old 07-01-2021, 11:45 AM
riotgear
Rennlist Member

Received 481 Likes on 211 Posts

Originally Posted by sexfiend
Then you should know better that there’s no way those flashy as hell cars with poor reliability versus the Turbo is a better true daily driving car, unless you drive up and down your driveway.

But hey, maybe you can, based on more money than brains.
I average 8-10k miles per year on my “flashy as hell cars” on the track and canyon roads without any reliability problems. My Turbo S has had 2 component failures and its less than 2 months old.

I have enough brains to know none of these cars are infallible and enough money to base my opinion on personal experience and not conjecture.

This forum is great because people are generally respectful to one another. If you can’t be respectful, go somewhere else.

Last edited by riotgear; 07-01-2021 at 11:55 AM.
Steve 96C4S (07-01-2021)
Old 07-01-2021, 02:50 PM
br911
Rennlist Member

Received 88 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Dr. G
This is why the Porsche set residual makes no sense (logically). The “real world” depreciation of an Aston Martin is far worse than that of the TTS short term.

As an aside…. I used to own an AM Vantage S and it was, without any doubt, the car that made my heart pound harder than anything I’ve ever owned…

…primarily because you never actually knew if the car was going to start each time you put that crystal key in the ignition. Seriously. Can’t tell you how exciting it is drive somewhere and not know if you were going to be able to get home. Happened more often than it should have in any car (which, FWIW, should be no more than exactly one time). The Aston was an over achiever in that sense

Gorgeous car, though, and it sounded great.
I know exactly what you mean. I used to drive a 1979 Fiat Strada in grad school. And I did not go to grad school in 1979...
rewardforsuccess (07-02-2021)

Quick Reply: 992 Turbo S Lease numbers