Critique my Build! :)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2020, 12:41 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts
Default Critique my Build! :)

PMBAV1I6

Have a few days to lock it in... and I might still switch to Carmine Red (without the red stripe on the side of course).
Old 11-10-2020, 06:16 PM
Bluehighways
Rennlist Member

Received 2,702 Likes on 1,270 Posts

I'd loose the red decal.
The following users liked this post:
Tumbleweed (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 06:48 PM
BuddyG
Burning Brakes

Received 240 Likes on 118 Posts

And the wood
Tumbleweed (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 06:52 PM
Ernesto Otero
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

minus red decal
minus wood
change dials to yellow to match brake calipers and your key pouch or just leave them with no color

otherwise solid build, but at the end it just opinions, go with what you want, good luck
Tumbleweed (11-10-2020)
Old 11-10-2020, 06:53 PM
smiles11
Rennlist Member

Received 3,407 Likes on 1,490 Posts

And the puddle lights and power steering plus.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:18 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,294 Likes on 653 Posts

I agree with the above comments...First impression was the build lacks cohesiveness.

Wood does not work with a every sporty exterior. I am partial to the PORSCHE decal over the others if you are choosing to do so.

Yellow brake calipers creates too much tension with red accents and key. Black calipers and red would work. Otherwise...stick with yellow it up but make sure your significant other is cool with that.

I like the racetex visors for continuity of the ceiling. Carbon roof and accents would definitely be preferred if a budget was not an issue.
Old 11-10-2020, 07:52 PM
Tom M'Guinn

Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 287 Posts

Thanks all. Sat with my sales guy and we ditched the wood in favor of leather. Also ditched the yellow key and added the fancy headlights. He also suggested black calipers since the yellow is out of place, but I'm still mulling that. I like the red accents on the door and dash, call me crazy.

I saw a black interior with chalk stitching at the dealer and am now leaning toward just a standard black interior without the chalk stitching. It just didn't look great to me. I also saw a Truffle Brown interior and am now waffling on switching over to that... Decisions, decisions....
Old 11-10-2020, 08:54 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,294 Likes on 653 Posts

If you like the red, ditch the yellow. Its a tough combo to pull off and white is probably not the best canvas for it. This is your spec sans colour on the outside and glass sunroof for contrast...

I went with leather trim to soften the contrast in my black/bordeaux interior upon the recommendation of some helpful members here.

Last edited by Pad Bender; 11-11-2020 at 04:32 PM.
Old 11-11-2020, 05:32 PM
Sorcerer 11
Racer

Received 214 Likes on 110 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom M'Guinn
Thanks all. Sat with my sales guy and we ditched the wood in favor of leather. Also ditched the yellow key and added the fancy headlights. He also suggested black calipers since the yellow is out of place, but I'm still mulling that. I like the red accents on the door and dash, call me crazy.

I saw a black interior with chalk stitching at the dealer and am now leaning toward just a standard black interior without the chalk stitching. It just didn't look great to me. I also saw a Truffle Brown interior and am now waffling on switching over to that... Decisions, decisions....
With my Carrera white metallic I went black calipers, as yellow just doesn't look right. Its great on black and certain other colours, but not white.
Black interior looks great but I also had the seat centres in slate grey with stitching in Guards red, seat belts, sport chrono and tacho also in guards.....very, very happy with it.
Think you'll be glad you ditched the wood in favour of leather, carbon also looks good along the dash, but add the carbon on the steering wheel and cills too.
At the end of the day its your decision but try and see your combinations first if you can. Things can look great on the configurator but no so good in real life!!
Good luck, its a tough choice.

Quick Reply: Critique my Build! :)