Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Who is ordering PTS?

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2020, 10:34 PM
Thino
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Who is ordering PTS?

Next year I hope to be able to order a TTS, in PTS color. Who else already ordered? I didn’t see any PTS on Instagram, so I guess they didn’t deliver those.
Which color to choose is so hard, I love some of the darker green (Racing green/nato olive/Brewster green), but some blues are also really cool.
The following users liked this post:
997usa (08-28-2020)
Old 08-28-2020, 07:51 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Received 771 Likes on 486 Posts

Originally Posted by Thino
Next year I hope to be able to order a TTS, in PTS color. Who else already ordered? I didn’t see any PTS on Instagram, so I guess they didn’t deliver those.
Which color to choose is so hard, I love some of the darker green (Racing green/nato olive/Brewster green), but some blues are also really cool.
I ordered PTS, should have the car by end of the year, still waiting on porsche to confirm some carbon fiber parts that are not on the dealers order form next week I was told. Was told they group PTS cars by general color, sometimes they get done quickly and other times it's a several month extra wait
50footer (08-31-2021)
Old 08-29-2020, 11:40 AM
zerix
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hcvone
I ordered PTS, should have the car by end of the year, still waiting on porsche to confirm some carbon fiber parts that are not on the dealers order form next week I was told. Was told they group PTS cars by general color, sometimes they get done quickly and other times it's a several month extra wait
Which carbon parts are going to trickle into the ordering guide?
Old 08-30-2020, 03:02 AM
AKSteve
Three Wheelin'

Received 816 Likes on 457 Posts

Any chance we can order a car in Zyclamrot? I saw this color on a 928 a while back and have been in love with it ever since.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:05 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by AKSteve
Any chance we can order a car in Zyclamrot? I saw this color on a 928 a while back and have been in love with it ever since.
They will paint many colors, some more reasonable than others
Old 08-30-2020, 09:05 AM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by zerix
Which carbon parts are going to trickle into the ordering guide?
Rear spoiler, side intakes, as well as some interior parts
Old 08-31-2020, 04:10 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 330 Likes on 219 Posts

Don't know how PTS is handled today - but Porsche normally has a list of colors it will paint a car - some colors are "certified" on one model but not another - how strange is that? All newly submitted colors have to go through
"testing" process before Porsche will move ahead with it - from what I have heard this can take months. The PTS "list" that Porsche used to have is fairly extensive - but have not seen a recent one. Colors that are certified
on the list for the given model (911, 718, etc) can move ahead right away - but then get tangled up with more delays for when PTS's are scheduled to be done. All in all it can add months to a cars build time.
AlexCeres (08-31-2020)
Old 09-09-2020, 11:17 PM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,022 Likes on 477 Posts

I am...Ill have a January allocation for that and Im expecting delivery sometime in the fall/early winter of 2021
Old 09-10-2020, 06:40 PM
hcvone
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Don't know how PTS is handled today - but Porsche normally has a list of colors it will paint a car - some colors are "certified" on one model but not another - how strange is that? All newly submitted colors have to go through
"testing" process before Porsche will move ahead with it - from what I have heard this can take months. The PTS "list" that Porsche used to have is fairly extensive - but have not seen a recent one. Colors that are certified
on the list for the given model (911, 718, etc) can move ahead right away - but then get tangled up with more delays for when PTS's are scheduled to be done. All in all it can add months to a cars build time.
Pretty much that's how it goes, I was told if you want a non list color it would take 6-12 months to go thru the process just to tell you it made or did not make the cut, I wanted a Porsche color but had to settle for a Lambo color that Porsche already apporved, or wait for what may or may not ever become a paint color. So really paint to sample should be called paint to a limited list of optional colors
Old 09-10-2020, 07:55 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

My color was approved very quickly (because it was on the "paint to a limited list of optional colors") and I'm still in the boat of waiting 6-12 months because the PTS build slot I got was way out in the future, i.e. ordered in Feb, locked (surprisingly early) I think around May/June, build in Sep/Oct (still not quite there), delivery in Dec.
Old 11-23-2020, 11:49 PM
Thino
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The first 23 pts’s have arrived, very cool colors:
Olive green
https://www.instagram.com/p/CH5lxfSHwLa/?igshid=1bejfqbx2uwrn

ultraviolet:

View this post on Instagram

and some more on that great insta profle
Pad Bender (11-24-2020)
Old 11-24-2020, 09:14 AM
Tumbleweed
Racer

Received 263 Likes on 119 Posts

I wanted Saffron Yellow Metallic but, even though a previous Porsche color, it was not available. When I ordered in July the list was 48 colors but my dealer said possibly more colors would be added along the way. The label Paint To Sample is now Außenfarbe nach Wahl or Exterior Color To Sample. I guess instead of PTS it's ECTS or CTS?
Old 11-24-2020, 01:56 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 747 Likes on 544 Posts

Check Rennbow.org for PTS or ECS ideas........models are listed that were approved in the past or were on cars in the past.......shows the rarity also.........

Saw an Arrow Blue this week in person.......gorgeous car......2 tone interior...

Last edited by abiazis; 11-26-2020 at 01:17 PM.
Old 11-26-2020, 12:09 PM
horizons
Track Day

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I have an early PTS build December 2020 but we are still discussing the side intake color and the side mirror base color. Right now it seems to be PTS does not include painting these two pieces, so they will default to black. I'm hoping this will change. Leather to Sample is not available. CXX seems to be no more.
Old 11-26-2020, 04:49 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts

It's running just a bit behind schedule, but my Forest Green Metallic TTS is finally getting close. It's onboard the ship named Glovis Symphony and passed through Panama yesterday. The ship is scheduled to stop in San Diego (sometimes the vehicle carriers also stop in LA, but Stena Glovis schedule says this ship won't) before my car gets unloaded at Benicia. I don't know when I'll actually see delivery here in Seattle (because CARB) but I'll try to remember to post a pic or two on this thread since you said you were partial to dark greens.

Quick Reply: Who is ordering PTS?