Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

Deliveries in the US

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2020, 10:20 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,294 Likes on 653 Posts

Originally Posted by 1Gunner
Yesterday a 992 Turbo S arrived at my dealer in Canada.... with rear bumperettes.
Apologies for the lousy images. On a plus note it was parked beside a 991.2 TTS and it did not look terribly larger and sports exhaust sounded VERY impressive.

Just a teaser:
https://youtu.be/MdJly2CPPHA
1Gunner...you gotta be one of the first Canadian deliveries. Congrats to you too!
Old 11-15-2020, 12:50 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Received 465 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by Pad Bender
1Gunner...you gotta be one of the first Canadian deliveries. Congrats to you too!
Likely one of the first but not mine. It was cool to finally see and hear a Turbo S in person. Mine lands in January.
The following users liked this post:
Tumbleweed (11-15-2020)
Old 11-15-2020, 09:55 AM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by DTup
Checked again with my NJ dealer today (carb state) .... still NOT approved
my car is going through a PA dealer (carb state) he told me yesterday carb states will be released on Friday
Old 11-15-2020, 11:12 AM
sechsgang
Rennlist Member

Received 1,027 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by ggreg911
my car is going through a PA dealer (carb state) he told me yesterday carb states will be released on Friday

Well thats not too bad then.
Old 11-15-2020, 12:28 PM
DTup
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts

Fwiw, that’s what the track your dream website says and every Monday for the past month it’s been extending another week ......
Old 11-15-2020, 05:37 PM
ggreg911
Racer

Received 211 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by DTup
Fwiw, that’s what the track your dream website says and every Monday for the past month it’s been extending another week ......
3 new orders for Porsche are posted on CARB website... the manufacturer gets notice before available to public so it makes sense that Porsche told my dealer it would be this week.

Old 11-15-2020, 09:33 PM
n d
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by ggreg911
3 new orders for Porsche are posted on CARB website... the manufacturer gets notice before available to public so it makes sense that Porsche told my dealer it would be this week.
my dealer told me the November 20
Old 11-15-2020, 09:39 PM
Steven_H
Pro

Received 87 Likes on 39 Posts

My dealer also just confirmed they are being told the 20th.
Old 11-15-2020, 09:44 PM
Ernesto Otero
Intermediate

Received 40 Likes on 15 Posts

My dealer said 11/20 for the CARB and it is reflected on My TYD. Mondays have been the day of changes hopefully that number stays.
Old 11-16-2020, 08:57 AM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,294 Likes on 653 Posts

Can anyone confirm if the North American TT/TTS have been fitted with a gas particulate filter (GPF)?

1Gunner, you seemed impressed by the Canadian delivery with sports exhaust, so GPF may be a factor.

Noticed on UK site that the GPF is clearly listed as a standard feature after three-way cats and is NOT listed on US and CAN sites.

Lets hope the early versions are spared as it seems inevitable that GPFs are going on everything.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:06 AM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pad Bender
Can anyone confirm if the North American TT/TTS have been fitted with a gas particulate filter (GPF)?

1Gunner, you seemed impressed by the Canadian delivery with sports exhaust, so GPF may be a factor.

Noticed on UK site that the GPF is clearly listed as a standard feature after three-way cats and is NOT listed on US and CAN sites.

Lets hope the early versions are spared as it seems inevitable that GPFs are going on everything.
I can't confirm GPF one way or another, but I was impressed with what I heard between PSE on and off. It wasn't "aftermarket good" like my 991.2 TTS with stage 1 Europipe but it was impressive (subjectively) to my ears.

My hope is that in Canada we get full monty on our LED Matrix System headlights as designed by Porsche, unlike the toned down version legislated to land south of us in the US.
My wife's MB has their version called Multibeam LED headlights and they are very cool in their selective lighting functions.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:24 PM
abiazis
Rennlist Member

Received 770 Likes on 561 Posts

Impressions in person......Saw 6 992 Turbo S at Hennessy Porsche yesterday in their garages........comments:.
  • 4 GT silver (two red interiors others black) and 2 blue (Gentian/black and PTS blue/black/grey deviation seat centers ).......
  • Prices from 212K to 239K........
  • One with black quad exhausts which looks better in person than duals relative to overall rear end......more exclusive....duals are on majority of 911s now
  • Front grills should have screens for the price......like the GT cars....look unfinished...991s had no screens either..
  • Cars without adaptive cruise in center grill look incomplete..........not a finished look, grill would address..
  • Air intake vent in rear fender is thinner and smaller.........proportion looks off.....
  • Rear view mirrors like other 992 911s............there might be a sport mirror option that is better?
  • Rear spoiler has been redesigned with some angles on both ends...........looks okay
  • License plate area looks tacked on and not integrated into bumper like 991.2.............
  • Hood creases are nice.....like older 911s
  • $920 for black calipers option - yellows are more distinctive
  • "Straight spoke" wheels look better than "sport exclusive" turbo wheels which are too busy - on 4 cars
  • Side skirts flare out with an discernible angle.......looks like it is tacked on and too angular......actually cheap looking......painted option might be better which none here had.....
  • LED clear light strips on front grill look like an add on and not as well done as 991.2.....too pronounced....
  • Flat doorhandles...look okay....
I will wait for the 992.2 to see if they make the car look more of an integrated flowing design like the 991.2 evolved from the 991.1......i.e. rounded edge taillights to edged taillights....front grill LEDs changed to strips from eyelash look......

I was expecting to be blow away......performance difference will probably provide the added value excitement factor in upgrading......but for a trade in and adding $80-100K in cash not a good decision for me in my situation.....will drive my 991.2 daily and wait for 992.2.........

Last edited by abiazis; 11-19-2020 at 11:43 AM.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:52 PM
NVRANUF
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by abiazis
Impressions in person......Saw 6 992 Turbo S at Hennessy Porsche yesterday in their garages........comments:.
  • 4 GT silver (two red interiors others black) and 2 blue (Gentian/black and PTS blue/black/grey deviation seat centers ).......
  • prices from 212K to 239K........
  • one with black quad exhausts which looks better in person than duals relative to overall rear end......more exclusive....duals are on majority of 911s now
  • front grills should have screens for the price......like the GT cars....look unfinished...
  • cars without adaptive cruise in center grill look incomplete..........not a finished look
  • air intake vent in rear fender is thinner and smaller.........proportion looks off.....too small
  • rear view mirrors like other 992 911s............there might be a sport mirror option that is better
  • rear spoiler has been redesigned with some angles on both ends...........okay
  • license plate area looks tacked on and not integrated into bumper like 991.2.............
  • hood creases are nice.....
  • $920 for black calipers option - yellows are more striking
  • "straight spoke" wheels look better than "sport exclusive" turbo wheels which are too busy - on 4 cars
  • side skirts flare out with an discernible angle.......looks like it is tacked on and too angular......actually cheap looking......painted option might be better which none here had.....
  • LED clear light strips on front grill look like an add on and not as well done as 991.2.....too pronounced....
  • flat doorhandles...look okay....

All in all........the design cues around the car look like the car was designed by several groups of designers trying to make an individual point around their assigned areas of the car...with no one chief designer making the final decisions..........

I will wait for the 992.2 to see if they make the car look more of an integrated flowing design like the 991.2 evolved from the 991.1......i.e. rounded edge taillights to edged taillights....front grill LEDs changed to strips from eyelash look......

I was expecting to be blow away, but was not......performance difference will probably provide the excitement factor in upgrading......but for a trade in and adding $80-100K in cash not a good decision for me in my situation.....
My takeaway from these observations.... Confirmation bias is real.
The following 6 users liked this post by NVRANUF:
997usa (11-16-2020), Agentorange (11-18-2020), fastmd (11-16-2020), peterdouglas (11-16-2020), smiles11 (11-16-2020), Tumbleweed (11-18-2020) and 1 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 11-16-2020, 01:02 PM
997usa
Burning Brakes

Received 533 Likes on 271 Posts

Originally Posted by abiazis
  • prices from 212K to 239K........
  • one with black quad exhausts which looks better in person than duals relative to overall rear end......more exclusive....duals are on majority of 911s now
  • front grills should have screens for the price......like the GT cars....look unfinished...
  • cars without adaptive cruise in center grill look incomplete..........not a finished look
  • air intake vent in rear fender is thinner and smaller.........proportion looks off.....too small
  • rear view mirrors like other 992 911s............there might be a sport mirror option that is better
  • rear spoiler has been redesigned with some angles on both ends...........okay
  • license plate area looks tacked on and not integrated into bumper like 991.2.............
  • hood creases are nice.....
  • $920 for black calipers option - yellows are more striking
  • "straight spoke" wheels look better than "sport exclusive" turbo wheels which are too busy - on 4 cars
  • side skirts flare out with an discernible angle.......looks like it is tacked on and too angular......actually cheap looking......painted option might be better which none here had.....
  • flat doorhandles...look okay....

All in all........the design cues around the car look like the car was designed by several groups of designers trying to make an individual point around their assigned areas of the car...with no one chief designer making the final decisions..........

I was expecting to be blow away, but was not......performance difference will probably provide the excitement factor in upgrading......but for a trade in and adding $80-100K in cash not a good decision for me in my situation.....
I take it you have not yet (and probably will not) place an order, and are super happy with your 991.2. Congrats.
The following 3 users liked this post by 997usa:
abiazis (11-16-2020), peterdouglas (11-16-2020), Tumbleweed (11-18-2020)
Old 11-16-2020, 01:06 PM
DTup
Instructor

Received 64 Likes on 30 Posts

Maybe let’s get back to the actual topic ...... WHERE ARE OUR CARS???? Carb state here ....
The following users liked this post:
ggreg911 (11-16-2020)

Quick Reply: Deliveries in the US