Sponsored by: Porsche San Francisco

992 TTS build advice

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2020, 02:49 PM
streetlegal
Rennlist Member

Received 96 Likes on 45 Posts
Default 992 TTS build advice

Sorry that I originally posted this on the general 992 forum before a helpful user directed me here.

First-time Porsche buyer going all in. Wife's loving her new RR SVR, so I'm in good graces and striking while the iron's hot. Would love any feedback on my current build:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMLZQLJ6

Thanks much in advance.
Old 08-14-2020, 02:56 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,294 Likes on 653 Posts

I'm a first time buyer too but it looks like you nailed it with your choice of options...
Old 08-14-2020, 10:44 PM
radar979
Instructor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Hey street legal…good to see you here…you might want to be more specific with parts of your build you are unsure of..you have a a great build…the only person you have to please is you …on the other hand you may want feedback from the forum!!!
Old 08-15-2020, 05:20 PM
997usa
Burning Brakes

Received 533 Likes on 271 Posts

wow - very similar build to mine.

You may want to add insulated glass;
Old 08-16-2020, 01:32 PM
streetlegal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by radar979
Hey street legal…good to see you here…you might want to be more specific with parts of your build you are unsure of..you have a a great build…the only person you have to please is you …on the other hand you may want feedback from the forum!!!
Hey good to see you here as well, and thanks again for pointing me in the right direction. Fair point on specific parts I'm questioning, though I did also kinda wanna leave it open-ended to get folks undirected view. Here are a view things I've debated recently, in no particular order:
  1. Night vision assist. We do have about a 1-mile portion of road leading to our house that is dark and has deer and coyotes, as well as a surprising number of bikers, including lots of kids. At first I thought this was just a display in the instrument cluster, but knowing that it had an audible alarm made me tick the box. (And, also my wife who barely missed a deer the other week in her new truck).
  2. Mirror base in black vs exterior. Definitely want it painted and not a fan of carbon fiber in this section. Opted for black cuz I'm currently going with the black for the rear air intakes.
  3. Rear air intakes in black vs exterior. Related to the above.
  4. Sport design package. Not a huge fan. Front fascia looks "after-market-edy" to me. Not a fan of rear wing, but I do very much like the painted lower rear fascia. Another user had the same opinion and inquired about getting just that bit a-la-carte.
  5. Brakes in high-gloss black. Currently leaving them yellow, but I like the look in black as well with the Gentian blue and the other black bits I've selected. Seems to be kinda controversial either way, based on the numerous posts already.
  6. Leather. I've added bits and pieces that "seem" nice, but not really sure how to sort through the other leather options to see if I'm missing something worthwhile or if I've added something that's really not
That's what I recall
Old 08-21-2020, 11:35 AM
streetlegal
Rennlist Member

So, I asked my dealer if I could get the rear fascia painted a-la-carte without getting the full sport design package and he indicated I could. Assuming, for the moment, he's correct, any thoughts on exterior color vs high gloss black for my particular color scheme?
Old 08-21-2020, 12:15 PM
Rocket_boy
Burning Brakes

Received 331 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by streetlegal
So, I asked my dealer if I could get the rear fascia painted a-la-carte without getting the full sport design package and he indicated I could. Assuming, for the moment, he's correct, any thoughts on exterior color vs high gloss black for my particular color scheme?
Yes, there are a lot of Exclusive options that are not on the configurator. I definitely would go with body color - did this on my Carmine red 991.2 turbo and it just looks so much more complete. I also have a lot of black painted
accents, but went with body color for the rear fascia. It's down low so painted gloss black won't really look that much difference.

Like the color combo and interior. One thought - consider deviating the center of the leather seats with Slate Grey - pretty cool option that kicks up the interior a notch. Also with the seat surfaces a darker color they won't show
dirt as much,...which can be a bit of an issue with the lighter color. (try it on the configurator - 360 version)

Top notch config though....

Last edited by Rocket_boy; 08-21-2020 at 12:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
streetlegal (08-22-2020)
Old 08-22-2020, 11:06 AM
streetlegal
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rocket_boy
Yes, there are a lot of Exclusive options that are not on the configurator. I definitely would go with body color - did this on my Carmine red 991.2 turbo and it just looks so much more complete.
Thanks for that. My instinct as well was exterior color, but the black accents I configured had me considering black. Reassuring to hear your black accents worked well with exterior colored rear fascia.

One thought - consider deviating the center of the leather seats with Slate Grey - pretty cool option that kicks up the interior a notch.
Didn't consider that, but it absolutely does make the interior pop. I think you've sold me.

Thanks again for the feedback.
Old 08-23-2020, 12:10 AM
911inator
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts
Question

So,

1) What is the process to get an order? Some sort of deposit (refundable?)
2) What's the wait for delivery once ordered?
Old 08-23-2020, 02:56 AM
frankchn
Pro

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by 911inator
So,

1) What is the process to get an order? Some sort of deposit (refundable?)
2) What's the wait for delivery once ordered?
Call around Porsche dealer to find one with an open allocation that you can spec. Negotiate a price. Put a deposit down ($5k or so), which may or may not be refundable depending on your state laws. Your dealer should be able to provide you with "commission number" and a projected schedule (see first screenshot in this thread) once things are finalized.

Delivery depends on the when the allocation is scheduled to be produced. This can vary from 1 month to 6 months out from the day you order. The vehicle production itself takes about a week or so, then it takes ~4-6 weeks to get to East Coast dealers, ~6-8 weeks to Texas dealers, and ~8-12 weeks to West Coast dealers.
The following users liked this post:
911inator (08-23-2020)
Old 08-27-2020, 09:26 PM
911inator
Advanced

Received 46 Likes on 23 Posts
Question

Originally Posted by frankchn
Call around Porsche dealer to find one with an open allocation that you can spec. Negotiate a price. Put a deposit down ($5k or so), which may or may not be refundable depending on your state laws. Your dealer should be able to provide you with "commission number" and a projected schedule (see first screenshot in this thread) once things are finalized.

Delivery depends on the when the allocation is scheduled to be produced. This can vary from 1 month to 6 months out from the day you order. The vehicle production itself takes about a week or so, then it takes ~4-6 weeks to get to East Coast dealers, ~6-8 weeks to Texas dealers, and ~8-12 weeks to West Coast dealers.
Asked a couple of local dealers, but no allocations. Southern Cal is a pretty affluent area so probably should extend my search to other states? Is it just covid or is Porsche always like this with 911 TS's? Any dealer with an allocation reading this?
Old 08-27-2020, 09:48 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 205 Posts

i saw a dealer in north houston posting an allocation for december delivery
Old 08-27-2020, 10:49 PM
frankchn
Pro

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by 911inator
Asked a couple of local dealers, but no allocations. Southern Cal is a pretty affluent area so probably should extend my search to other states? Is it just covid or is Porsche always like this with 911 TS's? Any dealer with an allocation reading this?
Yeah allocations seem tight globally, even for standard Carrera S cars (see thread). The good thing about you living in SoCal is that you can buy a car from any dealer nationwide and just have it delivered at PECLA.

Quick Reply: 992 TTS build advice