Build Critique Please

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2020, 05:01 PM
lpw016
Rennlist Member

Received 63 Likes on 18 Posts
Default Build Critique Please

http://www.porsche-code.com/PMRVE3E6

After much consideration, I've decided to go with chalk.

My concerns -- do you think the red top with guards red seat belts and tach/chrono guards red is too much or will not match?

I prefer the painted exterior look, however I'm not completely sold on the sports desig package, when I can save several $$ by painting the exterior side skirts. I need some convincing to keep sports design.

TIA
Old 08-03-2020, 09:22 PM
Pad Bender
Rennlist Member

Received 1,286 Likes on 648 Posts

Great build...since you have red accents with the roof, belts and dials...have you considered blacking out the calipers?

Old 08-03-2020, 09:25 PM
lpw016
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pad Bender
Great build...since you have red accents with the roof, belts and dials...have you considered blacking out the calipers?

I thought about it. I like the yellow look tho. If you could get red calipers problem would be solved.

What do you think about the sport design package?
Old 08-03-2020, 09:54 PM
RD16RR
Burning Brakes

Received 352 Likes on 205 Posts

ok

Last edited by RD16RR; 08-04-2020 at 07:16 PM.
Old 08-04-2020, 01:23 AM
n d
Pro

Received 190 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by lpw016

My concerns -- do you think the red top with guards red seat belts and tach/chrono guards red is too much or will not match?

I prefer the painted exterior look, however I'm not completely sold on the sports desig package, when I can save several $$ by painting the exterior side skirts. I need some convincing to keep sports design.

TIA
I also chose chalk. and as for sports design package I don’t like it the rear spoiler ruins the big hips on the car.
Old 08-05-2020, 12:23 AM
SillyGoose
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by lpw016

TIA
I love the build. I would go with Miami Blue or Racing Yellow because its such an expensive car and Id want it to be a showstopper for a turbo cabriolet.

i think the sportdesign package was done strangely by porsche. The quad exhausts that are standard on the 992 turbos look absolutely fantastic imo and really sets off the look of the rear end. But with the sportdesign package, you get a measly 2 exhausts which honestly dont look all that impressive. Now the front fascia that comes along with the sportdesign package in my opinion looks better than the standard fascia because it makes it look more futuristic and robot-like. When i think of porsche, i think of driving a very advanced, luxurious and futuristic german robot, and the sportdesign front fascia gives it that look in the front. I would spend a little extra time debating whether or not you get the sportdesign package or not and possibly save yourself $6000. The rear end of the porsche is really the highlight of the vehicle, and the straight edges of the standard exhaust lends it a wider and more horizontal look vs. The upgrade.
Old 08-05-2020, 10:21 AM
ilian11
Rennlist Member

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

I've always regretted not having the sport design package on my 991 tts so when it became available I immediately added it to my 992 build in body color.

To me the sport exhaust adds an element of aggressiveness to the rear end that I just dont see in the quad exhaust. The quad exhaust looks fantastic and futuristic, but in my eyes the 911s have very soft and feminine lines. The design isn't edgy like a lambo. Therefore the sport exhaust compliments the overall look of the vehicle just perfectly. The tail lights are enough "futuristic" to me. Soft lines with modern lighting.

No right or wrong here either way tho.

p.s. I love cabriolet in yellow... if I owned a cabrio, that would be my color choice. I cant get the movie Commando with Arnold Schwarzenegger out of my mind.... and yes I know that was a targa, but still.
Old 08-05-2020, 02:21 PM
lpw016
Rennlist Member

Thanks everyone! I thought the hardest decision was taking the plunge in purchasing one.

The colors and option choices present its own set of fun and challenging choices!

Quick Reply: Build Critique Please