Sponsored by:

Stripes

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 01:24 PM
403portside
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 112 Posts
Default Stripes

Thinking about adding some combination of stripes to my Gentian blue GT3 Touring. Would love to hear about folks experiences, regrets, other musings. I am toying with the idea of doing the front hood trident, roof, and rear deck lid but am a bit worried it will stray from the “gentleman’s” spec I’m going for. May just settle on the side door stripe in the image below. Thoughts welcome!

Old Yesterday, 02:13 PM
darylbowden
Rennlist Member

Received 514 Likes on 340 Posts

IMO if you want a "gentlemen's spec," I would stay away from all decals. Everyone knows it's a Porsche, the decal isn't really necessary and IMO takes away from the clean lines of the side on view of the car, especially on a dark color. Just one man's opinion...
The following users liked this post:
Butzi (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM
bucky56477
Rennlist Member

Received 71 Likes on 32 Posts

I've always thought of a center stripe as a very motorsport thing. But I think a Porsche logo on the side looks good on all the cars. I especially like the larger Porsche logo on the ST. Since your wheels are silver I think it would look nice to add this in the same color... Just one opinion.

NEH51 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:28 PM
tvurt
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

If you want to get it just "right" I would reach out to Anthony at @Carrara_Design.
Find him on Instagram and check out his work. I ended up with about 70 different renders, picked my favorite design - and then Anthony had the graphics produced. Could not be happier with the process and outcome.

Here is one of Anthony's renders for my project:

It is easy to do "too much" on a Touring imo - keep it simple, themed and not too busy. The super clean S/T Porsche script is amazing.
Old Yesterday, 06:29 PM
403portside
Rennlist Member

Received 261 Likes on 112 Posts

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I really love the S/T decal — have been strongly considering it. Can always remove it if it ends up feeling too poseur-ish
Old Yesterday, 06:54 PM
PorscheSince2013
Rennlist Member

Received 341 Likes on 171 Posts

Porsches look naked without side decal and hood stripes.
403portside (Yesterday)

Quick Reply: Stripes