Notices
992 GT3 and GT2RS Forum 2019-Current
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GT3RS Suspension Programming - GT3 update??

Search this Thread

Old Today, 12:27 AM
tivs31
AutoX

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts

This is so cool, was considering the ST tune, now will think about the rs tune…. Will be a tough call
Old Today, 12:30 AM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,252 Likes on 492 Posts

you can always start with the ST tune, as the RS tune requires the same firmware update on the PASM controller . . then find your RS steering wheel, or convert one to the RS spec with the *****, and do the software update in turn . . . the ST tuning is so dramatic - it's worth experiencing in my opinion, and then moving on to the RS adjustability. . . also once the RS tune is loaded and all the modules updated, it's simple to code back to ST should you choose . . .
Old Today, 01:31 AM
Diablo Dude
Race Car

Received 2,258 Likes on 1,265 Posts

I just want to sincerely THANK f4bones, Jbravo23, and dixonk for making RL into an actual TECHNICAL DISCUSSION forum.

If there was an RL "Hall of Fame" you guys would be my Top 3 candidates, by far.

Your posts have been invaluable.
Thanks again!
The following 3 users liked this post by Diablo Dude:
dixonk (Today), f4bones (Today), Q8yGT3 (Today)
Old Today, 01:37 AM
rnlst_log
Rennlist Member

Received 224 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by f4bones
you can always start with the ST tune, as the RS tune requires the same firmware update on the PASM controller . . then find your RS steering wheel, or convert one to the RS spec with the *****, and do the software update in turn . . . the ST tuning is so dramatic - it's worth experiencing in my opinion, and then moving on to the RS adjustability. . . also once the RS tune is loaded and all the modules updated, it's simple to code back to ST should you choose . . .
Agree on the escalation steps, start from ST tune, anjoy.... then when one want to go to RS, the programming spent will be deducted from ST to the total.

The following users liked this post:
M-AlTerkait (Today)
Old Today, 02:53 AM
f4bones
Rennlist Member

Received 1,252 Likes on 492 Posts

Thanks @Diablo Dude - there is so little data on the 992 generation cars, and so few willing to dive into them, I guess because most are still under warranty, etc. It's gratifying to crack these things open, and figure out how everything works - it's even more gratifying when other benefit from this work. I agree - there is far too much traffic on trivia, ADMs, color choice, pure bitching, etc . . . hopefully more folks will be energized by these discoveries, and contribute technically. There are so many things yet to "fix" . . . and of course, as software is the center of our machines, all this wouldn't be impossible without @rnlst_log 's (Mars) help! We need to get this dude a green card and move him to the US . . .

My shop recently received FAZIT certification from Porsche, so now we can explore even deeper into the inter-workings, and hopefully make life even better for the 992 community.
The following 2 users liked this post by f4bones:
718socal (Today), Q8yGT3 (Today)
Old Today, 03:29 AM
718socal
Rennlist Member

Received 499 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by f4bones
Thanks @Diablo Dude - there is so little data on the 992 generation cars, and so few willing to dive into them, I guess because most are still under warranty, etc. It's gratifying to crack these things open, and figure out how everything works - it's even more gratifying when other benefit from this work. I agree - there is far too much traffic on trivia, ADMs, color choice, pure bitching, etc . . . hopefully more folks will be energized by these discoveries, and contribute technically. There are so many things yet to "fix" . . . and of course, as software is the center of our machines, all this wouldn't be impossible without @rnlst_log 's (Mars) help! We need to get this dude a green card and move him to the US . . .

My shop recently received FAZIT certification from Porsche, so now we can explore even deeper into the inter-workings, and hopefully make life even better for the 992 community.
I met him over 20 years ago and he helped me with BMW Coding. Small world.

Quick Reply: GT3RS Suspension Programming - GT3 update??